Using Laser Maverick with JTAC

flyco

I am trying to use a Mav-E from the Hornet with a JTAC. I have copied the details from the ED practice mission to my mission. However, when I contact JTAC he gives me type 3 as opposed to a type 2 mission, which does not allow me to get Laser marking.

The Hornet is loaded with HARM, Mav-E, and Cannon. The target is a Tunguska. Is the JTAC expecting me to use HARM first?

The Hornet is loaded with HARM, Mav-E, and Cannon. The target is a Tunguska. Is the JTAC expecting me to use HARM first?

What weapon does JTAC request?? What is weapon type designated as in the ME for jtac? What is the designation set to in ME?

If you set weapon to "Guided" and designation to "laser" they should request agm65e and lase target after laser on command.

If not its likely a conflict with the harm/mav loadout/anti-air target as harm may be considered guided as well but not requiring a lase.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

I am trying to use a Mav-E from the Hornet with a JTAC. I have copied the details from the ED practice mission to my mission. However, when I contact JTAC he gives me type 3 as opposed to a type 2 mission, which does not allow me to get Laser marking.

Give me the file of your mission, it may be some mistake in editing that is not allowing the proper use of maverick!

Thank you both for your input. As I say The JTAC set-up is identical to that in the DCS Maverick-E Training Mission (other than names and frequencies, and I have added Invisible and Immortal)

I have tried removing HARM from my mission, leaving just Cannon and Mav-E. The WEAPON is "Auto", and the Designation is "Laser", exactly as in the training mission.

On contact the JTAC requests use of Maverick, but there is no option to request LASER ON.

I am at a loss to understand it.

During the ME set-up, the JTAC reports that the target is in laser range and direct line of sight, when the target is assigned - in fact it won't let you select Laser unless it can. I also physically check that the JTAC can see the target, and that the range is less than 5 nm.

Yes the JATAC does report Type 3 in my Mission, and Type 2 in the DCS Training Mission, but I do not know why.

Post mission for someone here to look at it.

Also for S&Gs try moving the jtac closer to the targets. I usually only go as far as 2nm max. If you're setting them to invisible and immortal then why not? Sounds like line of sight issue. As previously stated check terrain elevation and confirm that there are no buildings, trees, hills or ridge lines in the way.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Yes the JATAC does report Type 3 in my Mission, and Type 2 in the DCS Training Mission, but I do not know why.

Without your .miz it's impossible to guess.

For example there's a chain link fence around the disused airfield at Kobuleti that allows sight but blocks the laser, I've also seen JTAC units stop working between different DCS updates or units that are out in the open (but near a treeline) blocked.

If you *must* use a DCS's JTAC, I'd suggest trying the MQ-1A Predator Drone.

Note: for the most part I use the CTLD laser script as it avoids DCS's LOS issues (at the expense of losing the 9-line) i.e.

• Load MiST

• Load CTLD

• Enable JTAC

Do ONCE, No Event

Time More 7

Do Script "ctld.JTACAutoLase('JTAC1', 1688, true,"vehicle")"

... where the name of the ME unit/group is 'JTAC1'

Ciribob's CTLD is found here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143107

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080