R-73 shot

The only things that look 3D is the Flight stick and the thrust stick. But I meant to say make the cockpit 6DOF. Making all the cockpits 6DOF would be all I need.
As I said, there was not much need to have many 3D objects in the old cockpits, so indeed, there are few 3D objects. I've attached a wireframe render of the F-15C cockpit.

No... the cockpit does look 3d, bud it's not modeled so that it can be looked at from any angle. Your head is fixed at one point, and all you can do is look around. You can't move it left or right, up or down. When someone says the cockpits aren't full 3D, they mean that it doesn't have 6DOF.

It instantly becomes clear when you look at this ancient BS promo video :)

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

they mean that it doesn't have 6DOF.
Well, you could "enable" 6DOF TIR in the old cockpits just fine. It just wouldn't look very good... What you mean is that the old cockpits aren't detailed enough so that they can be used with 6DOF TIR and look "right".

Your wording was a bit weird. ;)

Yeah that is what I meant that the cockpits in the FC dont look anything like the cockpit in BS when it is 6DOF TIR. I think that it would bring the cockpit more alive if they were model like that. And the buttons in those aircraft look kinda like wall paper or something lol! I mean I would like to have real looking buttons even though I wouldnt be able to press them but it would make the cockpit alittle more exciting.

Yes we all wish the cockpits had full 6DOF and TIR, it is very time consuming to do, however, and it is just wishful thinking at the moment.

I can confidently say that you'll be overwhelmingly satisfied with the KA-50 though.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

• 1 year later...
Sorry, but i have to do this :D

threadnecroxq4.png

Hahaha, my reflex is really amazing when I found thread started last year ago rofl ;)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ