[NO BUG] Wing sweep handle wrongness?

Eldur

Raise handle and move aft to 68°. Raise handle to

full−up extension and hold. When HZ TAIL AUTH

caution light goes out and the OVER flag appears,

move EMERGENCY WING SWEEP handle full

aft (75° sweep position) and stow. Rotate handle

guard to stowed position.

Taken from the document we all should have read. This and the imagery give me the impression that the handle has two levels of raising. The first one pulls it out of the spider detent which moves accordingly to the CADC program that controls wing sweep. Then, to get it past 68°, you have to pull it up even more to overcome a stopping detent (this is the 2nd level) to be able to pull it into oversweep position, where it comes down to the first level. This is not simulated in our module. On the other hoof, it's possible to push it in completely and pull it back to oversweep while the HZ TAIL AUTH caution light is still on. Made a pic out of the NATOPS images to show how I understand this.

wing-sweep-system.jpg.ca8d83a86d99ac15701e8457973f707f.jpg

Edited by IronMike

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I hope this is a call out for realism...or something...

Now that the 'Cat is finally here, it kind of feels like she's being picked apart...

If this is just criticism to the devs, I understand, but if not....

EDIT- I'm just glad she's here- you boys have your fun.

Edited by DoomEngine

Now that the 'Cat is finally here, it kind of feels like she's being picked apart...

If this is just criticism to the devs, I understand, but if not....

Its good that it is being picked apart. And it is good that we discuss about such things.

So far, I only find constructive critizm, and nobody thiought that it will be a perfect and bug free module...

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

• 3 weeks later...
Taken from the document we all should have read. This and the imagery give me the impression that the handle has two levels of raising. The first one pulls it out of the spider detent which moves accordingly to the CADC program that controls wing sweep. Then, to get it past 68°, you have to pull it up even more to overcome a stopping detent (this is the 2nd level) to be able to pull it into oversweep position, where it comes down to the first level. This is not simulated in our module. On the other hoof, it's possible to push it in completely and pull it back to oversweep while the HZ TAIL AUTH caution light is still on. Made a pic out of the NATOPS images to show how I understand this.

Eldur, here is a reply directly from our front pit maintainer SME:

"there is no second level to the handle it is either up or down, it kind of sits half way up in over sweep but it's resting on a stop"

Hope that clarifies it. And yes guys, please keep pounding on us, we want to improve it, where we can. Your input is greatly appreciated! :smilewink:

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/