[NO BUG] Jester menu changes during flight

MysteriousHonza

Hi, ive got pretty damn big problem, especially when iam using voice attack.

After take-off, there is menu after pressing A, the one with stt, scan types, etc... but after some time in combat, after launches of Aim-9s at close range or depleting BVR missiles ( aim7's were still on plane ) jester is stuck at 25nm scan and when i press A, menu its different, its the one which is on the ground. On n.1 is spot and n.2 is jettison for fuel tanks but my problem is, that after this, i practically cant use voice attack commands. Their function is set to numbers so for scan left, its something like pushing A > 4-2 but when i press A after merge and jester is stuck at VWR or whatever that menu is, i cant do it bacause it wont go back automatically and it keeps pressing nonexistatn buttons. Is it possible to turn off that "feature" its quite gamebreaking for me atm.

Edited by IronMike

I know that but when i use voice attack for jester, i just cant do that, it reacts on my voice and when i say STT enemy, it will push sequence of buttons to go through jester menu in 0.5 sec but the problem is, it wont work when that menu changes because it depends on numbers on keaboard and i have 1-8 binded in setting for that, is it possible to turn it off somehow??

I know that but when i use voice attack for jester, i just cant do that, it reacts on my voice and when i say STT enemy, it will push sequence of buttons to go through jester menu in 0.5 sec but the problem is, it wont work when that menu changes because it depends on numbers on keaboard and i have 1-8 binded in setting for that, is it possible to turn it off somehow??

I believe that's just how jester menu is designed.

In the keybinding menu there are some direct keybinds for jester functions so that might work better than macros?

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I believe that's just how jester menu is designed.

In the keybinding menu there are some direct keybinds for jester functions so that might work better than macros?

yes, ofc there are some but there are no TWS target locks, scan range, scan azimuth, scan elevation :D so if i cant turn this feature off, how does it work?? i dont know how to get back into "BVR jester mode"

yes, ofc there are some but there are no TWS target locks, scan range, scan azimuth, scan elevation :D so if i cant turn this feature off, how does it work?? i dont know how to get back into "BVR jester mode"

There is a BVR menu, and a WVR menu, They should be the same as the contextual menu (I'm making an assumption here, as I haven't checked) but you should be able to program you vioce attack to press A-A to get to the main menu and do things that way. Or you can program it to use the contextual menu, but you need to know when that menu is going to be set (IE, don't try to give a WVR menu command on the ground).

I don't think there is much of an issue here, you just need to look at the main menu instead of the contextual one.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 3 weeks later...

We are planning on adding more direct Jester control inputs, which will be better to use with Voice Attack. However the contextual design will be kept, as it is situation related and "intelligent" in that sense.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We are planning on adding more direct Jester control inputs, which will be better to use with Voice Attack. However the contextual design will be kept, as it is situation related and "intelligent" in that sense.

Yes, it would be excellent if every possible Jester command was available for binding.

Yes, it would be excellent if every possible Jester command was available for binding.

We probably will not add every possible command, such as number inputs for radio tuning etc, might get skipped. We will see to provide the most feasible solution for this.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 1 month later...

Is there documentation somewhere explaining what SPOT on the jester menu actually means?

I'm glad to hear you guys are working on this because voice attack getting borked is driving me crazier than my wife hopped up on trash tv.