I have a new idea for ED..Please listen

Since i remember USSR in Afghanistan war..why dont ED make a entire caampain of the the Afghanistan war since was biggest history event of the Russians and the Afghanistan...

an it would be nice if was a Dynamic champain based on actual true events that actually happened that changed the course of the war and the tide of the USSR Empire.....

Afghanistan?

Interesting idea . . . .

Primarily a Hind, Hip, and Frogfoot sim, I guess . . . there's definitely no air combat or Western aircraft, which will annoy some members of the community.

Would require a hell of a lot of work to implement, and I'm not sure if high-res satellite mapping (essential to create the map) is available for Afghanistan.

And ED already has an idea of where they're going.

It'd be nice, but chances of it happening any time soon are zero.

Since i remember USSR in Afghanistan war..why dont ED make a entire caampain of the the Afghanistan war since was biggest history event of the Russians and the Afghanistan...

an it would be nice if was a Dynamic champain based on actual true events that actually happened that changed the course of the war and the tide of the USSR Empire.....

lol - is this a joke?

Any clue, please?? :D:D

Regards

Sure, a general overall plan has been in the public domain for some time . . . .

The Ka50 you know about, of course.

The next project is known as Tank Killers, but is basically a mud-moving centred sim with more ground-attack aircraft at the Ka50 level of detail.

After that, a very highly detailed F-16 and possibly MiG-29 sim.

But look at how long the Ka50's taken to develop, and even with the code allowing new aircraft modelled at that level to be added, you can see that this is going to take Years. And it is just a plan at the moment . . . always subject to change.

Sure, a general overall plan has been in the public domain for some time . . . .

The Ka50 you know about, of course.

The next project is known as Tank Killers, but is basically a mud-moving centred sim with more ground-attack aircraft at the Ka50 level of detail.

But look at how long the Ka50's taken to develop, and even with the code allowing new aircraft modelled at that level to be added, you can see that this is going to take Years. And it is just a plan at the moment . . . always subject to change.

Nice future plans!! I really hope that ED will have got more lucky than other past decade simulators company, like Digital Integration, DID o Janes. There are some semi-definitive list of flyibles for "Tank Killers"? I think an A-10 is the only secure flyable aircraft, I hope they included some more as well (Apache *sigh*).

I'd prefer a Mig-29 sim rather than F-16 sim, too, I see more interesanting the russian plane (and less known). A F/A-18 sim would be a blast!! haha.

Regards

i see since one one cares about the most importent wars of russian an afgainstain history...heck with it lets all then just forget 20th century history.... countinue to make your planes since probbley would know any history about any those planes anyway..bet you only saw them in movies or on the news that always lie about everything nowdays an scream cover up...glad japan my country dont act like this we have too much honor and our history is 5,000 years old as China is so is korea....

question how think those Russians felt like when 3 million Russian solders didnt make it back home to Russia how think ones that were alive actually made back home same goes for the afgain warriors to defend there country from Soviet Union how you think they feel that they most them didn't make it back home...

you not know feeling what war is like..

in japan for more then 5000 years of our lifes we been at so many wars and finnly afther usa droped 2 nukes wipeing out half japanese population afther that wars in japan stopped and never again got involed in any wars only focus is in asia an maintaine peace..

try to imgaine if were around in the 20th century in both Russian army and also in the afgain warriors try think what they felt like..maybe you know how importent it was for both sides that were fighting eachother for exastly what never know too may plots too many outcomes too many storys and most of all why did it happen in first place?

^^

domo

You shouldn't jump to a conclusion that fast. Making or not making a "game" about war in Afganistan would not change History or the way it is remembered.

Funny how people think History is some sort of a bible... some book of the books written in flames.

btw... did you see "BBC - The Power of Nightmares by Adam Curtis"? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

You shouldn't jump to a conclusion that fast. Making or not making a "game" about war in Afganistan would not change History or the way it is remembered.

Funny how people think History is some sort of a bible... some book of the books written in flames.

btw... did you see "BBC - The Power of Nightmares by Adam Curtis"? :D

yes i have read this book its pretty good

kinda interesting how tells the story...

i readed alot of history books pretty much know world history

Well why dont ED use same models of BS and just make a new ground aircraft flyable. Just concentrate on the aircraft it self and everything else leave be. It would be awsome to be able to fly Su-24 or New helicopter which is my favorite Mi-28 NightHawk!(flying mouse looking armour buster)

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

For real history :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ka-50#Operational_history

Copy from Wikipedia:

"In January 2001, the Ka-50 saw its first combat operation, as it fired on enemy positions in Chechnya. Later, it would undertake several missions inside that war zone, although not as much as the more numerous Mil Mi-24 perhaps better suited to the more guerrilla-type warfare there." :smilewink:

Sorry for my poor english :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

History of the Black Shark 1, 2

Le sort du Requin Noir: 1, 2, 3.

i see since one one cares about the most importent wars of russian an afgainstain history...heck with it lets all then just forget 20th century history.... countinue to make your planes since probbley would know any history about any those planes anyway..bet you only saw them in movies or on the news that always lie about everything nowdays an scream cover up...glad japan my country dont act like this we have too much honor and our history is 5,000 years old as China is so is korea....

question how think those Russians felt like when 3 million Russian solders didnt make it back home to Russia how think ones that were alive actually made back home same goes for the afgain warriors to defend there country from Soviet Union how you think they feel that they most them didn't make it back home...

you not know feeling what war is like..

in japan for more then 5000 years of our lifes we been at so many wars and finnly afther usa droped 2 nukes wipeing out half japanese population afther that wars in japan stopped and never again got involed in any wars only focus is in asia an maintaine peace..

try to imgaine if were around in the 20th century in both Russian army and also in the afgain warriors try think what they felt like..maybe you know how importent it was for both sides that were fighting eachother for exastly what never know too may plots too many outcomes too many storys and most of all why did it happen in first place?

^^

domo

I agree with Zaelu...

Beyond that, you are taking some responses to the original post and then making a huge leap into some incongruent paradigm that covers anything but what people would think of an Soviet-Afghanistan campaign.

For me, If LockOn is in the year 1991-ish, then I would want some more movement beyond 1979-1989.

Any chance that these new additions will be multiplayer compatible?

i.e. Lock On, FC, BS, and Tank killers etc all playable in one online session (assuming everyone has the same programs/versions, etc)

"I know Not that which you have said, but if I had medication I would (Robin Williams)"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i.e. Lock On, FC, BS, and Tank killers etc all playable in one online session (assuming everyone has the same programs/versions, etc)

From what I understand Black Shark marks the end of the LOMAC engine in it's current form. If I've understood correctly then the answer to your question will most likely be no. Anything after Black Shark is going to be a completely new project.

Mate, there will be a loooooooooooooooong time for seeing this (but less than Fighter Ops :lol:).

Regards!!!!

Hey how about a truck or a bike to drive as a feature, thru some of them towns with a nice cockpit and stuff.

I would wouldn't you?:joystick:

Lets not bring up the topic of the Gaz-66 simulator again, that thing is never gonna get released this decade.

But on the topic of campaigns...

You pretty much have to make up a war in order for it to fit into the context of Lockon. Sure they could make a giant map of Afghanistan so there will be F-15s fighting Su-33s. But that wouldn't exactly be paying homage to those who fought in the USSR afgan conflict.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum