Tornado for Arma

Most likely it actually does. ;)

Anyway, ArmA's helo's and aircraft are too simplified...

Yeah I wouldn't mind if they at least had a slewable TDC which you could lock on targets and a zoom on the MFD. The KA50 has a zoom and a MFD but no TDC:doh:. In the missions I have found though that both single missions for the KA50 and Cobra involved some realistic tactics in order for me to win. I had to hide behind trees and hills and popup to fire then drop back down. A feature that OFP had in one of the mods was ground lasing for aircraft which also adds a bit more to the tactics you can use.:thumbup: Hopefully one day we'll have a sim which combines both but so far Arma is in the lead over the other FPS. At least I can fly with my HOTAS and Trakir.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I do like the squad fire rushes simulation AI(same tactics we do in Marines), especially that one mission where im a elite sniper at a water tower sniping incoming SLA from there Ural and blown up Gaz.

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

Thx for the heads up, it looks like a lot of work went into that Mod, but the Jets in ArmA aren't very fun to fly IMO. In fact I haven't even tried the A10 yet.

All the aircraft in ArmA are awesome as a tactical problem for a foot soldier; there's nothing like getting killed by rockets from a Ka50 while online in a huge coop:smilewink: . But having a real flightsim on your Hard drive takes away any motivation to fly ArmA jets in combat. However it's great that Bi have made the Jets in ArmA flyable as the ArmA crowd seem to want more realistic jets and I know a lot of people that have become serious flighsimers after flying around in ArmA and wanting to take flying more seriously.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

It's been said before and I'll say it again, it isn't a flight simulator.. What do you expect? :P
Then why include helo's and fixed wing's?

Even in a simplified form, they are still broken (FM). They were broken in OFP and they are still broken in ArmA, even more so it seems. The AI also seems to be unable to use them properly.

I can understand the desire to include helo's, but the jets (Su-32) ... that's absurd. Perhaps it should have remained an AI vehicle.

Btw, have you managed to do much VTOL with that Harrier? ;)

Even in a simplified form, they are still broken (FM). They were broken in OFP and they are still broken in ArmA, even more so it seems. The AI also seems to be unable to use them properly.

I can understand the desire to include helo's, but the jets (Su-32) ... that's absurd. Perhaps it should have remained an AI vehicle.

Yes, its been fixed two patches ago. ;)

<i7 2600k | 2x HD6950 | 8GB DDR3 | Crucial m4 64GB>

ArmA is a tactical shooter, Vehicles are strategically important, omitting them because they dont meet up with the expectations of those who play simulators designed to simulate ONLY aircrafts, or tanks, and so forth. Is absurd.

While it's been said before that the decision to include the Su-32 bomber might've been questionable because of the range of the bomber vs the size of the island, it's still better than no aircraft at all.

The community newbie

http://winsbydefault.com/pics/dctf1ibxh7.gif

Replace this image! It's too big! © Administration

(max size: 150pix height, 50kb)

Talking of FMs what do you guys think of the R22s FM in FSX? I think its quite good certainly took a while to get back into it after all theres years not flying helicopter sims.:thumbup:

I quite liked the R22 in FSX - although I did once try to fly it immediately after flying Black Shark.

That didn't last long - the Ka50 is so much more powerful and agile than the R22 it's untrue . . .

Tried the JetRanger yet?

. . . . oh, and now go fly the Red Bull Air Race. That's fun :)

I quite enjoy having the aircraft in ArmA, although I haven't flown the Ka50 yet.

They're not desperately realistic, but then that's not the point of ArmA - good first-person-shooter gameplay is. And that IS superb . . .

I quite enjoy having the aircraft in ArmA, although I haven't flown the Ka50 yet.

They're not desperately realistic, but then that's not the point of ArmA - good first-person-shooter gameplay is. And that IS superb . . .

Fully agree with you. Personally I don't enjoy flying any of the aircraft or helicopters in ArmA..... But I'm glad they're there (although th Su-25 would possibly have been a better choice for the OPFOR inventory).

In ArmA I gnerally leave the flying to the AI. If I want to fly something I'll fire up LOMAC, if I want to crawl around in the bushes I fire up ArmA.

Yeah the fixed wing FM are shocking:doh: but the helicopters are alot of fun but nowhere as smooth as the FSX ones. The KA50 mission is a single mission that you have to unlock its not bad but both KA50 and AH1 could do with a decent MFD for targetting thats why I'm looking forward to BS.:thumbup: BTW the jetranger is easier to fly than the R22 in FSX as it should be since the main rotor IRL is on an angle in the R22 so there is a bit more work involved keeping it still in a hover.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

How do the helicopters in FSX compare with those in FS9?

I haven't got FSX yet since this rig of mine is fast turning into a wheezing wreck (a bit like it's owner!! :cry: ) and is now so limited for HDD space that I don't think I oculd even install it, but I'm hoping to get a new PC sorted within the next couple of months and am planning to make FSX one of my first purchases after getting it.

I haven't got FSX yet since this rig of mine is fast turning into a wheezing wreck (a bit like it's owner!! :cry: ) and is now so limited for HDD space that I don't think I oculd even install it, but I'm hoping to get a new PC sorted within the next couple of months and am planning to make FSX one of my first purchases after getting it.

To be honest I never spent much time with FS2004s helicopters I had it installed once and then I removed it as I prefered lockon. FSX requires about 15gig of hard drive space.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I bought OFP so that I could fly COIN using OWP or BAS. Very good I would say. It is the only simulator that does insertion/point support with relatively weak helicopters well.

I used to have BAS installed when I had OFP on my PC its quite a good mod especially going for rides on the little birds.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

They're a whole world away...

FS9 Helo's were hard work and a pain in the butt to hover. IRL a lot of hovering is done with peripheral vision and your gutt (next time you're a passenger in a car on the freeway, close your eyes whilst the driver gently switches lanes. After a minute or two, you'll know exactly if the vehicle is making a left or right) FS9's Helicopters used to be all over the place when hovering for any length of time it was a constant effort.

FSX on the other hand, the FM is much smoother, and not too hard on you to hover... IMHO this is one aspect of simulations that will never line up with reality bacause you can't simulate balancing on a knife edge with your eyes alone. :thumbup:

If you acurately simulate it, it will be too hard. If you make it easily achievable, it will not be properly simulated. Personally, I'd prefer the latter in helicopter sims for hovering.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, I can't wait to see how this turns out.

I remember starting with the original Operation Flashpoint and watching it evolve over the years.

I SO hope that they tweak the Helicopters with the same passion as the Tornado here... I've seen the video of the Lynx (very close to my heart) and it looks very impressive, but seeing it in the video and actually flying can be very different experience.

I love flying the MH-6 about in ArmA, the terrain is just amazing, but the FM is crazy, but what do we expect, it's not a Flight Simulator, but with guys like these tweaking and scripting in the background, who knows... We'll never see a combat helicopter to the level of Black Shark, but for the AH-6, Blackhawk and now the Lynx, etc.........

:thumbup:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]