Looking for some more BuDs (BUsy DadS) to fly and chat with?

GTFreeFlyer

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still mad at you Vandal! Hahaha.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Lol! :D Good flying with you last night tho. Lots of fun!

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How does one go about joining? Looking for some US time zone folks to play with.

Sent from my ASUS_I01WDX using Tapatalk

It’s in the first post

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Hey guys. Can you send me your discord address? Sounds like my kind of group.

Please see the post above yours.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

• 1 month later...

Good day.

I'm 33 years old. Long time ago I flew in the old IL-2, and I’ve been familiar with DCS since the time of the first LockOn.

But then I abandoned the flights

But recently returned to the virtual sky

I started in civilian planes (Xplane), then there was a new Il2. Then DCS...

I am looking for a flight company (online / cooperative).

I think hard squad is not for me. Because all squads require hard time schedule for missions and trainings. And I can't give that. Although I like milsim and hardcore.

Modules:

Persian Gulf Map

-ka-50 (well mastered)

-flaming cliffs 3 (excellent)

-F-18 (learned the basics, at the stage of accumulating experience)

-F-14 (I can replace Jester :) but only start learning this plane)

Languages:

-Russian (fluent)

-English (good conversational level, but I don’t know military (nato) terminology).

- Italian (beginner)

By time:

Basically, I fly after 22-00 (UTC time). But I don't have a schedule for days (week).

Good day.

I'm 33 years old. Long time ago I flew in the old IL-2, and I’ve been familiar with DCS since the time of the first LockOn.

But then I abandoned the flights

But recently returned to the virtual sky

I started in civilian planes (Xplane), then there was a new Il2. Then DCS...

I am looking for a flight company (online / cooperative).

I think hard squad is not for me. Because all squads require hard time schedule for missions and trainings. And I can't give that. Although I like milsim and hardcore.

Modules:

Persian Gulf Map

-ka-50 (well mastered)

-flaming cliffs 3 (excellent)

-F-18 (learned the basics, at the stage of accumulating experience)

-F-14 (I can replace Jester :) but only start learning this plane)

Languages:

-Russian (fluent)

-English (good conversational level, but I don’t know military (nato) terminology).

- Italian (beginner)

By time:

Basically, I fly after 22-00 (UTC time). But I don't have a schedule for days (week).

Hey there. We’d love to have you. Don’t worry, even the English speaking guys don’t know military terminology any better than you but we all try and have fun with it. The timezone will be hit and miss. We have a good number of Europeans in the group but they don’t seem to be as active as the guys in the US time zones, but we do have a few that play US timezone mornings which might work out for you. Give it a shot. There’s no commitments at all. PM me and I’ll get you going. Cheers!

Edited by GTFreeFlyer

Would love to join the server if possible on Discord.

PM inbound. :smilewink:

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
BuDs (BUsy DadS) is looking for some more wingmen. As our name suggests, we are a group of guys who don’t have time, and cannot make any commitments, to any other type of formal squad due to the nature of life, but need a place to come hang out when life (A.K.A. wife) allows. BuDs is that place where you can just hop in and out whenever you want, even if it’s just to say hello, or also if you want to put up a 3 hour mission. Anything goes! We’re mostly casual, but also willing to be formal. Come on by during your squad's off-nights. We have several smaller squads that drop by often. Think of it like stopping in at your favorite neighborhood bar to shoot some pool or throw some darts with some familiar faces you see outside around town. You can even bring some beer along if you’d like :)

You don’t even have to commit to this group. Participation in other groups is encouraged too. Networking is good, especially when we all have a common interest.

We only started mid-March this year and are still getting to know each other, so don’t feel intimated to hop in and join the fun!

We are on Discord, and our chat room is just as active than our online play. We joke around, talk about aviation, discuss our busy lives, share pictures, and even talk about our biggest hurdle in DCS gameplay... the BuMs!

There are currently more than 120 of us (as of 9/26/2019), and we’re looking to grow a little more so that we get the benefit of MP availability when desired while also keeping the group small and personable so that we all know each other and can learn from each other. There are still pockets in the day of inactivity, so we'll keep growing for now, however most of the time there are people around to play with.

We are global and a borderless community and all share a common interest in aviation. See our map here.

Also, you don’t have to be busy, or a dad, to join. As long as you are in the mentality of casual game play, understand that life gets in the way when you’re in the middle of a bombing run, and feeling social, BuDs is for you.

We all enjoy talking about airplanes and simulators throughout the day in the chat room.

A typical MP session goes something like this...

Hop into BuDs on Discord and see who’s online, establish communication, hop into whatever shenanigans are going on, and leave when your wife tells you to, if you must :)

If no one is on, start up a server, hop into the voice channel and send a message to the group to entice someone to join you.

Here are some videos from BuDs sessions:

If this sounds like the MP experience you’re looking for, shoot me a PM and introduce yourself and I’ll get you into the group from there. The server is not public. Please let me know which city you’re in and I’ll introduce you to the BuDs.

Blue skies!

Fun fact: Our logo below was a screenshot taken from an actual BuDs formation flight, later edited to remove the background. Don't worry, we fly helos too!

@GTFreeFlyer - Just sent you a PM, kindly let me know if you have slots still available!

Cheers,

Nato!

Hi BuDs,

Looking to join a casual group. On DCS since Black Shark/A10C days. Still taking on new members?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Hi BuDs,

Looking to join a casual group. On DCS since Black Shark/A10C days. Still taking on new members?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Always room for more!

PM inbound. :thumbup:

- Vandal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just testing this works for me now...

yes it does :)

Glad you got it all sorted out!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]