VR zoom speed?

Shabi

Is there a way to change the speed of the VR zoom slew? It makes me sick waiting for it to warp in. Ideally I'd just snap straight to that FOV.

An even better way to do it would be to flick up a 2d canvas/panel that floats in front of you with the zoomed image on it, though this would probably need to be drawn on another frame buffer.

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

The higher your frame rate, the faster it zooms, and also its lagging when it has to load stuff into memory (or swap stuff around). When all the stars align, its decently fast I think.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Seems like you could change the rate per frame of FOV change no? It would be fantastic if this was exposed as a lua option somewhere.

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

Yeah, as Knock says, it's based on your frame rate. The higher frames, the faster/smoother the zoom.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

OK so zoom speed goes like this:

Deg per second = x * framerate

I want to increase x.

The higher your frame rate, the faster it zooms, and also its lagging when it has to load stuff into memory (or swap stuff around). When all the stars align, its decently fast I think.

It should be calculated by elapsed time or by tick and not at each frame. Honestly, this denotes a low interest.

• 1 month later...

Try my zoom mod : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239888

It still have some lacks (cockpit shadow and some illumination) but it provides instantaneous 2x, 5x and 10x zoom. You may have to setup convergence for your HMD if you are not using PIMAX.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste