It's weekend and I'd like to fly the Tomcat...

Eldur

But thanks to this utter piece of rubbish I can't fluttershysad.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=207668&stc=1&d=1553966867

As you might notice, I fixed it already once with a patch of Sugru. I just guess the rest of it in my freezer won't do justice anymore, I think I've got it there for like 3 or 4 years now, maybe even longer rdlaugh.png

Flying with Numpad view is no real option though... I'm literally wrecked now and these things are so expensive I don't want to buy another one now donotwant.png

And that TrackClip doesn't work properly here thanks to lighting issues facehoof.png

I hate those days... ewgay.png

utter-piece-of-rubbish.jpg.5d1565ae94a29a083ab274170edabec4.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

You can replace it with this, I purchased mine on 2014 and its still like new:

https://delanengineering.com/shop/DELANCLiP-Starter-p49740923

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Good excuse to go VR :)

Definately... I'll be getting a used Rift CV1 most probably very soon™ from a guy who ups to a Pimax 5k+. I just hope he's going to be happy with it twilightsmile.png

Totally forgot about the DelanClip. Although I would have to find a good way to attach it to my headset.

BTW just tried the Standard Clip, seems to work at the moment. I just remember having problems with sun reflections sometimes before I had the Pro (rarely though, but it hits hard when it does), and more noticably, masking of the top reflector when looking up as my screen sits quite low, the Tracker is just like 2 or 3 inches above eye level.

OTOH, I think I've been using that gear for like 12 or 13 years now... replacing the TrackClip Pro just isn't something I've planned rdlaugh.png

I'll try the Sugru thing anyway if it's still good to go, it just needs a while to harden up. It has been doing a great job already since the other pivot broke.

I hate that thing with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.

Makes me think of something... literally rdlaugh.png

5jvvgcgh.jpg

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

...find a good way to attach to my headset...

I use Velcro stick-on square patch (find it at a hardware or sewing store). Simply attach it to the earmuff of the headset.

FWIW, I have to close the blinds during full daylight to reliably get a lock-on...been thinking about getting brighter IR LEDs and replacing the originals.

Totally forgot about the DelanClip. Although I would have to find a good way to attach it to my headset.

I used plastic cable ties:

FYtqcf8.jpg

I like it, as its almost unbreakable :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Honestly, they are put together just terribly. My trackir is a patch work of cable ties, blu-tac, and elastic bands just to hold it together. Recently ordered a Pimax and I tell myself it's for greater immersion, but deep down I know the real reason...

Eagerly anticipating DCS: Space Shuttle

It served its purpose for many years, but yeah, can't say I ever thought trackIR was a well made product. Cheap shit components sold at a premium. By the end of its life mine was also held together with various epoxy's and the smallest impacts would snap it anew.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

I wonder if you guys are really hard on your equipment or I just got lucky. I have never had a single problem with my Pro Clip. I have always had a hook under my desk that I hang my headset from as it not has the Pro Clip on it but also a ModMic.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

I wonder if you guys are really hard on your equipment or I just got lucky.

Definately not... and I have a safe spot for it as well. Just accidently hit it a few times when adjusting the mike though. On the first photo I put up you can see a small bit of plastic that broke off right in front of it. One pivot has two of those, they aren't the most stable ones.

But well, I now made this using Sugru:

attachment.php?attachmentid=207705&stc=1&d=1553988913

Just needs time to harden up. That stuff was bought in Feb 2014, the package said it would be good until October in that very same year. It's literally 4 and a half years beyond that and it still was soft. Having it frozen at -28°C apparently makes it stay in a good condition for quite a while pinkie-approved.png

BTW that's an advice I got here as well back then ajmug.png

utter-piece-of-rubbish-fixed-with-sugru.thumb.jpg.bbc97ce91ab679d6665dbdefc4c6eb96.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I'll second or third the suggestion to get Delanclip and attach with zipties. But definitely consider making your own, you'll have it much cheaper and faster in all likelihood and even if it isn't that great, you will have it while you wait for a replacement to arrive.

My pro clip lasted a few years, but needed glue within the first 18 months. I still have the normal hat clip but I haven't found any good reflective tape to use on it.

This is awesome. Everyone with TrackIR should ditch the crappy clip thing and get one of these.

This thing clearly wins... not having to mess with another cord is just awesome. Having a second accum. on the other side to balance things out would make it perfect.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

This thing clearly wins... not having to mess with another cord is just awesome. Having a second accum. on the other side to balance things out would make it perfect.

Yes, I love this thing. I patched and glued that damn Natural Point piece of rubbish for too many years. So happy I found this a year or two ago. It's fairly bomb-proof, reasonably light and just works so much better.

After we move this summer I will order a second one as a backup. Right now I have the smallest battery because I wanted the lightest model. So far I have never run out of juice mid-game. So just need to decide if I should get a second light one, or go with the max battery option for the backup.

Either way, I recommend this device without any hesitation or caveat.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2