Ground Texture Mod- Watch This!

urze

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Scuse my ignorance but runway/taxiway textures and terrain textures are two (or more if you count seasons) separate files and will be released separately.

It's the runway visibility I'm concerned about.

With current files that I use (default winter and RW/TW textures) landing with inoperable HUD is pretty difficult because it's hard to tell between runway and terrain because of similar color. So, it might be a good idea to make two separate files (one for terrain, other for RW) so we can choose between different RW texures we want in our LO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

one question, will the winter textures automatically show up once you set "winter" in the options menu? Because as far as I'm aware of, the runway textures stays the same throughout the year in lock on. So does this mean if we want to play with the winter textures, we have to install that in modman before we launch? and later if we want to play in the summer, we uninstall the winter and install the summer set? Is that how its going to work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me thinks that season textures are 4 different files and I hope that procedure you mentioned won't be necessary.

Remember HOT SUMMER PACK?!

It had to be installed thru MoDMaN, yet it only appears if you select winter in Mission Editor and replaces only summer texture!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You better have not to eject by this weather...You gonna freeze your butt until you land...:lol:. Nice Work when will it be ready ?

I´m lazy, when ED team will release a campaign that enveloppe a year of fights so we can see all the terrain without having to replace textures manually ?:D

It actually changes the sky color from stock blue to grey. Looks much better with broken clouds, and I sometimes flew missions without any clouds and it still looks reallistic like very high overcast.

The only downsize of this mod is that there's no elevation limit so the sky will always look grey, even in stratopause and I think it stays grey even during night!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]