Mission 16: Trigger happening too quickly [SPOILERS]

Air_Mail

Greetings!

Getting straight to the point,

On mission 16 after

HIGHTOWER goes down in a blaze of glory

, I can never seem to get to the AO in time to save the HVA. It doesn't matter if I leave

the crash site

early and fly balls to the walls to get there ASAP, the HVA always dies before I can get there. I have managed to save them once, but as soon as I do, the HVA is killed by the mortar teams instantly afterwards.

Is this a known bug? Am I doing something wrong? I hate to skip a mission, the campaign has been excellent so far and I haven't run into any bugs I haven't been able to get past myself until now.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Cheers!

I remember this problem from the test build before the release of the campaign - and I have fixed it then. I’ll try to fly it tonight or tomorrow and check if I can reproduce. Might be something broken with the latest update but if so, it will be an easy fix - though that would be for next Wednesday (I believe this time it is Stable update).

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I remember this problem from the test build before the release of the campaign - and I have fixed it then. I’ll try to fly it tonight or tomorrow and check if I can reproduce. Might be something broken with the latest update but if so, it will be an easy fix - though that would be for next Wednesday (I believe this time it is Stable update).

Excellent! Could the problem be that I am running the Stable version of DCS vs the Beta version? I know the campaign was first released for the Beta version. I'm relatively new to DCS, so I apologize if that's obvious. Regardless, thanks for your quick response. Thanks for a compelling campaign, definitely the most fun I've had in DCS so far!

For me the thing to get it right was to not check in with JTAC too early. It seems the shooting starts at check-in, so when I checked in too early, the HVA got shot. The second try I only checked in when the lake was already in sight and everything went off fine. (beta branch)

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

• 2 months later...

Agreed just flew it, checked in at 40 nm and wasnt able to get in time because I flew first on a wrong waypoint. Will have to try again.

Edit : reflew it. Hit space bar once at 20 nm from the AO, worked fine.

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 6 months later...
Internally - yes. I shall push it to ED by Sunday for the next update.

Great, thank you!

Do you think I get an automatic update if I bought it trough steam?

BTW: Thank you very much for your great product. I really enjoy it very much. It is really a quality piece.

• 7 months later...
Watched Zarma flying :) I'll update the mission and add a trigger zone enabling F-10 radio menu when player gets close enough to action.

Hello! I just ran into the same issue (HVA dies before I get there) on the current OpenBeta (not on Steam). I pressed spacebar as soon as the option presented itself after dialogue with Overlord, which I think was beyond 40 nm away from where Axeman is (not sure exactly). Just wanted to report this in case there's supposed to be a delay in the trigger until the player gets close enough.

I haven't yet tried the "pressing spacebar on the JTAC until within 20 nm" strategy, but will give that a shot next time.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...