Well played ED

FoxAlfa

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say, I loved the Matrix G-lock effect.

Very well thought out joke. thumbup.gif

I understand people that got frustrated, but come on, you fell for an April's fools prank, get over it.

You should be happy about the funny Easter Eggs we sometimes get.

Cheer up! :)

(PS: Since this is in Open Beta only, maybe you should also consider if Open Beta is really for you, if such a little thing can make your world tumble.)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Funny indeed

I find the lack of humor on some people very disturbing.. and funny :))

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I'm done. I might consider returning if and when (not holding my breath) some devs are willing to apologize and promise that their code doesn't contain any more hidden undocumented "surprises"

"Oh look at me! I'm slamming the door now!"

Well, goodbye:

s6awCZX.gif

:megalol:

Seriously though:

I think some people should get over themselves.

And maybe not play with Beta, if they don't like new features.. ;)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Yes it was fun :) But at first I thought that my RTX card was dying because of GDDR6 failure... :P

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

Wow, such drama queens. Go grab a snickers or something.

Oh, and its NOT a bug, or an intentional bug. What the hell is an intentional bug? A bug is an unintentional error. This Matrix G is an intentional visual effect.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

20 years ago matrix came out.... Great honor from ED to one of the most iconic movies of the Hollywood era...

Yes at first it looks like a bug, but few seconds and you will get it...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I'm done. I might consider returning if and when (not holding my breath) some devs are willing to apologize and promise that their code doesn't contain any more hidden undocumented "surprises"

Agreed, but god only knows what else they might have installed.

pic005.jpg

It's the only way to be sure..

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

The angst and legal threats are still going? Kinda like the Jerry Springer Show, except in text form. A good prank, loved it.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

DCS Nebuchadnezzar Confirmed!

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Maybe you should talk to your lawyer immediately because you seem to have no idea how wrong you are :music_whistling:

It is just your thought of your sides.

I could not use my Modules that I had bought from you ED, because of your "intentional" wrecking of module's normal functionality.

You invaded my authority of usage licence.

I already talked to my lawyer and ready to start 1million dollars sue already.

And my lawyer will also contact FBI and Полиция России to investigate un-agreed illegal modification of software modules and probability of hacking.police.gif

LOL. Who needs Netflix and HBO, when you can have this? Fantastic.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

And my lawyer will also contact FBI and Полиция России to investigate un-agreed illegal modification of software modules and probability of hacking.police.gif

Please please, let me know when the trial start, I need to book my flight in advance, I can't for the life of me miss that.

//imagine GIF eating popcorn thrilled//

Indeed. The NaCL is real. EULA wars are the best. My EULA lawyer is better than your EULA lawyer. I kinda remember stuff like this on an 3rd grade playground - but I am giving away my age and mindset.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Sorry, you are Right, I'm not in the position to decide who is wrong. But instead of bitching around and demanding an apologize you guys could take it as what it is, a joke.

A German telling a Russian to chill and take a joke...

I picked a hell of a week to stop sniffing glue

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Lol, I think its quite funny, and I think it was quite clear its the g-force "animation" so at worst, I initially though it was a missing texture or something. But that is hardly a reason to uninstall/reinstall the game! If you uninstall and reinstall for every bug (Which this was not) you would not be playing DCS a lot...

I thought my GPU was broken. :blink:

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

I could not use my Modules that I had bought from you ED, because of your "intentional" wrecking of module's normal functionality.

You invaded my authority of usage licence.

And my lawyer will also contact FBI and Полиция России to investigate un-agreed illegal modification of software modules and probability of hacking.https://forums.eagle.ru/images/smilies/police.gif

Is DanielNL your attorney?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I'm waiting to hear confirmation from ED as to whether this is intentional behavior. Why should I install an update that already has one un-announced "joke" in it? How do I know that they haven't put in any other "jokes" that we haven't found yet? Go look at the bug reporting sections of this forum where people have reported spending hours using diagnostic tools looking for a hardware fault and then tell me this was funny.

I have experience with other software developers who started with "jokes" and "pranks" that eventually escalated into redirecting their customers' connections for a DDOS "prank" on a rival. I don't like installing software that has un-announced "features". It makes it hard to trust the developers. Especially with things like, just for example, paypal information. Or automatic crash reporting. Or all of the other ways that developers say "trust us" and rely on goodwill and their reputation. And 99.9% of the time that trust is fully earned. But I've experienced the 0.1% of the time when that trust is lost.

At the very least, ED showed horrible judgement. But what's worse is that they put this out as an urgent hotfix and even went so far as to say that people needed to update if they wanted to access multiplayer servers. And they did that to try to encourage people to download their "joke". So what happens the next time that there really is an urgent hotfix? "Haha, fooled me once" and people won't update.

Seriously, the problem with April Fools Day is that some people really think they are funnier than they actually are. Abusing people's trust when you want them to give you money and install your proprietary code on their comouters is just so far beyond stupid that words fail me.

So yes, I really will consider uninstalling DCS, or maybe just remaining with the version I currently have for the foreseeable future. At the very least, I won't be installing any updates if they really have shown that I should not trust their code. This isn't funny. At all.

Life is beautiful, enjoy it, don't waste it on silly complains.