Jester - what does Spot do?

Larkis

He fetches a ball if you throw it.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

When selecting "Spot" on the menu, there is no response from Jester like when you select every other menu command. This leads me to be believe that it does nothing at the moment.

Heatblur, what does Spot do?

he says ok on my side. he scans the outside of the cockpit.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I get bothered by Jester primarily by:

1. HE calls targets well after they are in the position he called. There have been several times when he called the bandit was at 6:00, even though he was RIGHT in front of me as I was tracking for a kill. Or, I'd fire a missile and it would miss and 10 seconds later, he'd remarked "Missile missed!" These were 1V1 engagements so it wasn't like someone else fired a missile at me an missed or he was calling a bandit on my six that I didn't know about.

2. He's not really a team player, haha. His remarks in a dogfight seem so negative. Not encouraging at all. And he's a chicken. We got shot up pretty bad but I had the aircraft and was actually gliding her to a landing in the deserts of Nevada. I hear, "Sorry, man, I'm gonna eject....Good luuuuuccckkkk!" and I'm like, "Did he really just eject?" and I see that my canopy is missing and I hear wind whistling by. I successfully landed the plane seconds later on the desert floor and had a look and sure enough the canopy was gone and so was he--literally. When I checked the mission results, it showed that he ejected and died.

v6,

boNes

I would have said all the same things with much poorer manners. +1

BTW this somehow reminds me of "TEN SECONDS" in the NineLine comms. I've asked at least three times what it does and never got an answer and I have yet to find any bit of documentation that explains it anywhere, whether it's DCS or even RL.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The spot command makes jester look in the same direction as you, so basically if you want to call his attention tom something that you're seeing.

As you guys know, Jester is very much WIP and hence we haven't wanted to focus too much time on this part of the manual since things are likely to change,

/Daniel

Heatblur Simulations

As you guys know, Jester is very much WIP and hence we haven't wanted to focus too much time on this part of the manual since things are likely to change,

Jester is the one of diamonds of F-14B!

Please don't shift him to the last position in the list of point of your interests.

Edited by kievbsm

3-1 Brevity

SPOT—Acquisition of laser designation.

Maybe.

Uhm, no, see swither's post above.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The spot command makes jester look in the same direction as you, so basically if you want to call his attention tom something that you're seeing.

Pretty much not that usable then as the jester menu pops up centered in the cockpit and you have to look at it, at least in VR.

But if later you bind it to a button directly or use voice commands, it will be handy.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

BTW this somehow reminds me of "TEN SECONDS" in the NineLine comms. I've asked at least three times what it does and never got an answer and I have yet to find any bit of documentation that explains it anywhere, whether it's DCS or even RL.

In real life I believe "ten seconds" tells the JTAC that you should be in hot in approx. 10 seconds. Not much point of it in DCS I suppose.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

• 6 months later...

Anybody from heatblur have a definite answer on this?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Hi Shadow, if you look above Swither already replied:

Spot makes Jester view in the same direction of the pilot's centre point of view for a short amount of time, then he reverts back to his usual scanning process. It is useful if you want him to cover a certain side, etc.. I dont remember exactly how long, but I think it was something between 10 and 20 seconds.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

See:

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Ah, I see, couldn't see he was a team member on my mobile.

Thanks!

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Ah, I see, couldn't see he was a team member on my mobile.

Thanks!

No worries, bud, it's easy to miss, and happy to answer. :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

No worries, bud, it's easy to miss, and happy to answer. :)

Why is he so shy to use the HB logo then? :)

What about the answer to the Jester menu argument that in order to use "Spot" from the menu, you have to actually look elsewhere using TIR or VR?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Two things id like to see explained or improved upon:

Missile callouts, i don't know if this is true but it often feels that he shouts at everything he see's, even at those who aren't intended for our aircraft, like a SAM far away engaging other aircrafts.

Some indication when he's locking targets in TWS, other than monitoring the mirrored radar screen.

Why is he so shy to use the HB logo then? :)

Ain't a requirement, anyone could use the logo (although we'd prevent that sooner or later). The member status "3rd party developer" is the appropriate indicator.

What about the answer to the Jester menu argument that in order to use "Spot" from the menu, you have to actually look elsewhere using TIR or VR?

EDIT: Ok, so the cone is big enough, that the small deviation from first opening the menu to engaging the spot command does not matter really, provided that you do not move around deliberately like crazy or so. (very professional answer lol)

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

It would be great if you used the spot command when locked to a target, Jester would identify the aircraft type locked if within a reasonable range or if identified by AWACs. Especially in VR when it's tough to identify the blurry dot.

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD