DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Will the deck crew be able to guide you to the catapult shuttle so that we don't have to do it in external mode? I miss having this feature which was last done in Jane's USNF '97.

Will

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Super thrilling to get an update on the supercarrier module.

Looking like that module will be really loaded with all the planned features.

I am all ready for the features coming into the module. Hoping soonest isn't beyond this year.

Well done ED. Keep up the good work.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Carrier Turning into the Wind

Regarding the above question; MOOSE has released an amazing tool "AirBoss" which will program your Carrier to turn into the wind and use actual radio calls for holding patterns, LSO calls, and Marshalling instructions for Case I, II, and III launch and recovery.

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Ops.Airboss.html

Ozzy

@ED, do you plan to create a new SH-60 / S-3 model?

The old ones do look a bit out of place on the new carrier pictures :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

So looking forward to the CV, even if they won't model both EOSs, scram two plant in the middle of air ops, and watch everyone have a collective fit.

The problem with accurate modeling, though, in the interminable time (in game-play terms) between start-up and launch. We need the option to add blue buckets to our jets so we can race to the head of the line. Maybe two blue buckets and two red buckets. Two blue, two red, a green, and a yellow?

For those who completely missed it that was a joke, but blue buckets are a thing.

Regarding the above question; MOOSE has released an amazing tool "AirBoss" which will program your Carrier to turn into the wind and use actual radio calls for holding patterns, LSO calls, and Marshalling instructions for Case I, II, and III launch and recovery.

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Ops.Airboss.html

Ozzy

Interesting find.

How do one download and use this tool. Cannot find and way to get it installed.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Nobody is whining, and I'm not threatening ED in any way other than voting with my wallet and the wallets of 80+ pilots in my organization.

I'm simply stating that if a paid-for module of the boat is not able to be parked upon in a decent fashion. Meaning that parking locations on the deck are able to be used in the appropriate way without people spawning on top of each other, as is the way on every other airbase in DCS, then I will not be making it a required module for CVW-11.

It's not a threat, it's not meant to be a threat, and it should not be taken as anything other than simply a statement of fact. But I can promise you that I'm not alone in this and the other online organizations are likely thinking the very same thing I am about module requirements for their groups. I want the sim to thrive, not to be at odds with the community. I want to support the sim with my wallet, I throw it at the screen regularly. I have no interest in flying P-51's or FW-190's, But I damn well have purchased them to support ED because I enjoy the sim in its entirety.

That is all.

I sincerely hope that 18 slots works for you and your 80+ Pilot Organization.

<S>

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Sure would be nice to have a flyable SH-60!

Definitely!!

A flyable SH-60 would be superb!

This would benefit everyone, not just the helicopter pilots. It's a new aircraft type with new activity, sound and action. The new carrier ecosystem is going to be very immersive, but it is the randomness of human activity which keeps it fresh and active. An appropriate flyable helicopter in this heady mix will add so much to that experience.

As much as i would love a flyable MH-60S or older variant, the carrier module will release years before it anyway.

Right now I just want to know what systems will be in place to accomodate skid and wheeled helicopter operations in the first place.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ater the last ed announcement i read about ship burble....is the effect of shipe burble that of decreasing induced drag like ground effect so less power is required ?

It's the other way around. It pulls you down a bit because of the ship and superstructure turbulence.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Carrier control question

Hello all,

It's sad that I asked in Carrier discussion thread no response.

Reading in newsletter:

Combined Arms support for steering the carrier and using weapons.

There is my question:

User without Combined Arms who owns Supercarrier module has no access to take control the ship?

I'm sorry for that I have no intention to buy CA due to no interest in Army and ground engagement, so I don't believe that is fair for Supercarrier owners unable to control the ship due to no Combined Arms.

Have to buy CA to control the carrier?

The Supercarrier as a brand-new module, the ship controlling is suppose to a basic function(yea, the Aircraft carrier is basically a SHIP), so the module with SELF-CONTAINED pilot-able function is a proper move.(even I can wait it being operational in later early access stage or formally released stage.)

• ED Team
Hello all,

It's sad that I asked in Carrier discussion thread no response.

Have to buy CA to control the carrier?

The Supercarrier as a brand-new module, the ship controlling is suppose to a basic function(yea, the Aircraft carrier is basically a SHIP), so the module with SELF-CONTAINED pilot-able function is a proper move.(even I can wait it being operational in later early access stage or formally released stage.)

Hi

Currently to be determined based on testing. When ED know's more they will let us know, probably closer to launch.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

Currently to be determined based on testing. When ED know's more they will let us know, probably closer to launch.

I think it can be a suggestion: implementing ship compass and navigation system(it should not be too complex) into the Supercarrier module, not having to depend on CA module.