DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

I don't think that much of the new carrier.

Had a try and, it looks just like the old one.

Its not out yet.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Its not out yet.

Oh. I thought the air boss announced it was me landing and everyone ran for the life boats.

Seriously, I'm really looking forward to this. I would love to see all the crew hand signals for startup and taxi. Maybe not yet; too much immersion gets in the way of game play, but cool none the less.

I am having a hard time trapping the F/A-18C in 2.5.6 looks like hook bounce but doesn't happen in 2.5.5.

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

Has anyone heard of the deck crew will be rendered client side only? I imagine this would be the least challenging for software engineers to implement.

Ideally the crew would be server side, and you can see deck hands marshal other players on the server.

I am having a hard time trapping the F/A-18C in 2.5.6 looks like hook bounce but doesn't happen in 2.5.5.

Seems we now need to be more precise...check your Speed, AOA and Glideslope.

Also, it appears we need to be very precise to hook up on the Cat now.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I think it's you buddy. I have done a couple of really steep approaches since and still landed without issue. I don't think I've noticed any difference at all.

Just relax. Nothing has changed. You'll see.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I think it's you buddy. I have done a couple of really steep approaches since and still landed without issue. I don't think I've noticed any difference at all.

Just relax. Nothing has changed. You'll see.

It was me however, it is more difficult in 2.5.6 but more real than 2.5.5. Thanks to 2.5.6 I have now learned to rely on the AoA Indexer. My last 10 traps have been successful. Thank you to all for the tips.

Processor Intel i5 9400

I wish that the F16 would have a working tail hook when the new carriers come out.

Go for it! You can drop the hook on the F-5, I see no reason why not on the F-16. This is a game, play it however you want, and have a blast doing it!

Heck, they may not have modeled the damage from trying to arrest the landing on an F-16, but if the new damage model comes out and you get a stream of broken viper parts sliding across the deck I'll do it just to see the carnage!

WHERE IS DCS Supercarrier? I pre-ordered it quite awhile ago but I have not heard a release date.

Asus ROG HERO / i9-13900K / 6GHZ /32GB DDR5 6400/ Asus RTX 3090 Ti OC / Samsung SSDs - 2*990 Pro 2TB / PiMax 8KX HMD / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + 4 MFDs + Logitech Rudders on Next Level Racing Rig with Buttkicker Gamer Plus

WHERE IS DCS Supercarrier? I pre-ordered it quite awhile ago but I have not heard a release date.

The end of Q1 2020 as a goal was given by ED in the Super carrier pre-release statement.

Processor Intel i5 9400

don't want to offend anybody but one can't say it is unrealistic to land a Viper on a carrier and that's why the realistic functionality of a working hook should be left unimplemented. bring it on and let the Viper suffer realistically.

Landing a aircraft in a carrier is hard and the navy aircrafts has reinforced structure and gear to use onboard. A land emergency arresting gear has very diferent compared with a carrier arresting gear and the forces and presures over a aircraft has none comparable.

Land landing

Carrier landing

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Landing a aircraft in a carrier is hard and the navy aircrafts has reinforced structure and gear to use onboard. A land emergency arresting gear has very diferent compered with a carrier arresting gear and the forces and presures over a aircraft has none comparable.

Thanks. I'm absolutely with you. My point is: if there is hook, we should be able to use it some day (just like F-5's) and if it is just for emergency lowering (once) like IRL then it should work the same here in DCS. And yes, if it damages a Viper when you hammer it down on a carrier like a Hornet, then it should suffer like the real thing.

This does not mean it is an urgent need dor DCS's Viper asap imho, but it should not be left out just because it makes no sense for carrier ops. I could easily understand if ED does not want to have a working Viper hook at the start of the super carrier though. Just leave a bit of hope that it will come some day with all it's consequences, please.

don't want to offend anybody but one can't say it is unrealistic to land a Viper on a carrier and that's why the realistic functionality of a working hook should be left unimplemented. bring it on and let the Viper suffer realistically.

I think we'd all agree that it IS very much unrealistic for ED to bother doing that instead of the other infinitely more relevant additions and fixes

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

The F16 hook is for runway emergencies not carriers.

Please keep your Air Force aircraft off of my Navy Carrier.

If you want to ditch nearby, we will send a chopper for you. It’s the least we can do.

This is why we need pilots downed in water to have a lifeboat and the capability to retrieve them with choppers. We can do sling loads so how hard can this be?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

This is why we need pilots downed in water to have a lifeboat and the capability to retrieve them with choppers. We can do sling loads so how hard can this be?

That functionality would be a great win for DCS helo pilots!

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

I want to watch the next video on YouTube soon

My anticipation is empty now. Been waiting too long for vids/news/info or whatever. I keep seeing "soon" attached to the Supercarrier on any type of request too many times. There's 31 days left in Q1 so maybe the marketing will start "soon".

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals