DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Coming March 25

This game will unlock in approximately 12 days

Pre-Purchase DCS: Supercarrier

Was just looking in the Steam website and they posted the above.. I don't think that after waiting all of this time, that it won't be long now....

You must be new here... although you aren't :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

;4243409']I'd rather wait longer and have it working to an acceptable level than have some kind of horrific only works in Single Player type of release.

Take your time ED, we can wait another few weeks while she's in dry dock getting the final touches!

Exactly. I just want 2.5.6 lighting with 2.5.5 right now. Rushing modules out when things are all over the place is begging for more drama

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Totally agree finish fixing 2.5.6,

then make sure Super Carrier doesn´t brake it again,

THEN release it ;)

No point in having a new toy in a broken environment...

:thumbup:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

***N E W ***

from ED FB Page

nrxxpurnzbm41.png

Yes!! This makes me very happy. I was eagerly waiting for any screenshots of the flight deck at night with floodlights on and thankfully no hull number lights as in the Tarawa (I think Razbam should fix that, they are never on during flight ops)

You must be new here... although you aren't :huh:

give me a brake... This forum hosts a lot or animosity,and it hasn't changed in quite a few years... What"s wrong with posting something that I thought might be helpful to the community.. New here? Check out the year that I joined this forum.... I'm hardly new here guy

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I believe all of our guys feel the same. We are at the point where we cringe when there's an update because lately an update introduces more bugs than it fixes. We have too many bugs now particularly online, so we'd be happier to have it released later than rushed out the door. :thumbup:

"Lately", you say:) ... I Used to work in software development and one long-standing aphorism was that the number of bugs LEFT in a big software system was PROPORTIONAL TO the number of bugs you had removed!

Rig A: (New in 2019) Custom-built: ASUS Maximus Code XI; Water-cooled i7-8700K; 32 GB RAM; 2xSSD=970 EVO 500GB; Graphics Card = EVGA RTX 2080 (FTW3 Ultra); Thrustmaster Warthog; Saitek Rudder; Tracking Headset.

Rig B: Surface Book (Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz; 16GB DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GPU(1GB-RAM); 500GB SSD) Saitek 35x Joystick & Throttle

Rig C: Alienware M17X-R2 (Intel Core i7 Q820 CPU@1.73GHz; 8GB DDR3 RAM; Twin AMD HD5800 Radeon GPUs (1 GB RAM each); 500GB SSD + 500GB HD)

***N E W ***

from ED FB Page

nrxxpurnzbm41.png

This picture showing night lighting on the supercarrier looks amazing. Seems like I would be spending some good time on the carrier and if I do fly off of her, it would be a hasty return to deck.

Or better still playing the LSO as that get implemented later just to catch a glimpse of the audio and visual activities on deck the supercarrier.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Depends on how long another few weeks is. There are many that have pre-paid and would like to see a return on their "investment".

I can almost 100% guarantee you that I was one of the first 5 people to buy the module AND I've actually bought it twice (one for me and one for the 104th Server just in case).

Although I wouldn't throw a party, I'd happily wait another few months rather than weeks if it meant the release was to an acceptable level on Multiplayer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I agree with Maverick and BoneDust, nothing wrong with a few more weeks to make sure they get out a good product.

Agreed. I pre-ordered and am fine with this. As a former software engineer (14 years at Sun Microsystems) I know how development cycles and release dates often go. I'd rather they take the time to develop a better SC instead of rushing out a buggy one :smilewink:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

;4245337']

Although I wouldn't throw a party, I'd happily wait another few months rather than weeks if it meant the release was to an acceptable level on Multiplayer.

It's early access, it will be months (at lest) until the module is complete after the EA release. They are not finalizing last details on a polished 1.0 release.

Danger zone!

I will say this. ED do what's in your best interest, strike a balance to make sure there are no show stoppers and the OPEN BETA will be used what it's intended for to help flush out the problems and the community will hopefully understand and provide feedback to help continue improvement.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

The whole carrier idea is a flashy centrepiece but it does come off as trying to sail before you can swim. Unpopular idea I can imagine, but maybe split your losses now and release the carrier model as a standalone upgrade for $20 - refund the rest as Miles / Points to be spent in store. Whilst the community gets a flashy ship to play with, spend the next 10 months or so implementing game wide ATC / ground crew + ship interactions for a $20 upgrade around Christmas. Gives ED the time to get actors in studio and record animations + debug and iron into 2.5.6 :music_whistling:

I would hope that the current Beta is updated and somewhat stable before the Carrier is released. Can't imagine the amount of grieving throughout ED Forums if they are not. I'd rather wait an extra month or two TBH

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

https://www.cag-51.org/contact

Gents, do you think some of the major problems with the deployment of 2.5.6 may be because of the Super Carrier? So maybe the sooner they come out with it, the sooner 2.5.6 becomes more stable. I would hope they are figuring out how to adapt the super carrier code to make the free carrier work, considering that is what's got us Navy boys in a tizzy. The carrier isn't working right! My $0.02

Gents, do you think some of the major problems with the deployment of 2.5.6 may be because of the Super Carrier? So maybe the sooner they come out with it, the sooner 2.5.6 becomes more stable. I would hope they are figuring out how to adapt the super carrier code to make the free carrier work, considering that is what's got us Navy boys in a tizzy. The carrier isn't working right! My $0.02

Wakes and SSLR AFAIK are causing some issues so my guess is maybe partially.

I'm not going to expect the SC module until 2.5.6 is fixed, which I'm going to guess another month at a conservative estimate.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Carrier crew animations in the
are amazing!

Bye

Phant

I agree. I can't wait to see what the transitions look like, from walking to running or vice versa. Looking really good so far, ED.:thumbup:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals