DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

35% chance of it coming on the 15th.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Based off what insight?

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

There is a 82.34% chance that this may be fabricated.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Thanks,

testing super carrier at the moment with team members ;)

ED is releasing Super Carrier as a beta test first in the coming days. I've been trying to find out a rough time frame for when early access for SC will be made available on the stable game?

I can't say I'm too happy finding out SC is releasing as a paid beta test instead of stable early access module. I feel the process to how ED releases new modules could have been explained better before purchase. That being said the risk of pre-ordering is entirely my own so it will be what it will be. What would be very much appreciated is if those of us who aren't beta testers could get a rough goal post time from ED for when Super Carrier will make it to the stable game. Are we talking a few weeks or more into the Autumn? Some info on the timeline going forward when SC releases to the beta would be great, Thanks :thumbup:

There is a 82.34% chance that this may be fabricated.

No it is based off sources inside the Kremlin.

Based off what insight?

History, and sarcasm.

But only a 50/50 chance of that.

hehehe someone who gets it.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If we don't see videos showing off the functions that are going to be in EA at release by tonight then the likelihood of it being released in 3 days is very low. Wags normally has videos up on this day if the product is actually going to be released this week.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ED is releasing Super Carrier as a beta test first in the coming days. I've been trying to find out a rough time frame for when early access for SC will be made available on the stable game?

I think normally a week or so. You won't be waiting until the autumn. But it can vary depending on whether there are any major issues. I'd recommend you just run the beta version of DCS anyway; there are rarely show stopper bugs and if they do appear a hotfix is normally released quickly.

I can't say I'm too happy finding out SC is releasing as a paid beta test instead of stable early access module. I feel the process to how ED releases new modules could have been explained better before purchase...

I'd encourage you to voice such concerns. If enough people do, ED may take notice. It's a real shame as it's a distraction from their good work.

I can't say I'm too happy finding out SC is releasing as a paid beta test instead of stable early access module. I feel the process to how ED releases new modules could have been explained better before purchase. That being said the risk of pre-ordering is entirely my own so it will be what it will be. What would be very much appreciated is if those of us who aren't beta testers could get a rough goal post time from ED for when Super Carrier will make it to the stable game. Are we talking a few weeks or more into the Autumn? Some info on the timeline going forward when SC releases to the beta would be great, Thanks :thumbup:

Have you not seen the Hornet and F-16 release?

If we don't see videos showing off the functions that are going to be in EA at release by tonight then the likelihood of it being released in 3 days is very low. Wags normally has videos up on this day if the product is actually going to be released this week.

But maybe... just an idea.... they are at home with there family and are on holiday?

As we can compare DCS to, well, nothing else that does what it does at the moment, it is what it is.

And it's not bad at all. It can be a helluva lotta fun.

Now gimme my carrier! matrix.gif

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

But maybe... just an idea.... they are at home with there family and are on holiday?

That is definitely a possibility. What is also a possibility is that YouTube has a function to schedule the release of a video at a time of your choosing. I mean it's possible right? ;)

Also, them being at home on holiday after exactly zero new information or hype being released is an indication that they are at home on holiday instead of working on the product so there's no need for new information or hype because they are at home not working on the product... so we don't get any new information or hype... because....:)

Other than the weasel statements "that's still the plan" we have nothing. Normally, this close to a release into EA we would have a lot of info. But perhaps that will come Monday or Tuesday.

If my comments bother you please direct yourself to the crowd who will comment with "I don't care if it is delayed so they can make it work properly." They are probably less offensive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What problem exactly? ED staff stated several times that they are still aiming for the 15th. What else could you possibly want/expect? Would you feel better if Wags swore a blood oath on livestream or something?

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

• ED Team
Hi all

We are currently still planning for the 15th of April.

As we get closer the FAQ will be updated.

Thanks

We are planning for the 15th of April still.

If we were told different we would let you all know.

It is that simple. No mystery.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

With DCS World, Beta is a much looser term than other software. At the current time the Open Beta version 2.5.6.45915 is so far ahead of the current stable version of 2.5.5.41371. Particularly lighting and reflections but generally better looking and more detailed than the stable version. I rarely run the stable version myself, as any bugs are no where close to show stoppers. Also there is no requirement for submitting bug reports when using the Open Beta version. I am certain the the Super Carrier will be a huge improvement over the current U.S.S Stennis model and therefore beta or not it will be good!

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

With DCS World, Beta is a much looser term than other software. At the current time the Open Beta version 2.5.6.45915 is so far ahead of the current stable version of 2.5.5.41371. Particularly lighting and reflections but generally better looking and more detailed than the stable version. I rarely run the stable version myself, as any bugs are no where close to show stoppers. Also there is no requirement for submitting bug reports when using the Open Beta version. I am certain the the Super Carrier will be a huge improvement over the current U.S.S Stennis model and therefore beta or not it will be good!

Exactly

F/A-18C | F-16C | JF-17 | F-14 | FC3 | AV-8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | M-2000C | Mig 15bis | C-101 | F-86 | A-10C | P-51D | Fw 190 A-8 | Christen Eagle II | Bf 109 K-4 |

Ryzen 5 2600 | MSI RTX 2070 Super | ASROCK B450m Pro | 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws 3200 DDR4 | 500GB WD Blue Internal SSD | 1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD | Logitech X56 HOTAS | PSEYE Track IR | Delan Clip | :joystick:

Just switch to open beta for yourself. I have never played "stable" only "open beta" ever since. No complaints, and you get the good stuff first... maybe a bug here and there, but as mentioned before no real "showstoppers" :smartass:

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas