DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Well bitterness wiil be high if they announce a delay tomorrow, after having told that an announcement would be made today.

They would most probably know allready know if they cannot release tomorrow - so it must be something else the want to announce - good or bad, time will tell.

Wasn´t the Minsk office the former Belsim company, now full members of ED (just a question) ?

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I think people are more bitter from the lack of comms than the lack of a module, to be honest.

The unnecessary "secrecy", the lack of communication, the "maybes"... I sincerely think ED needs better PR here (not hoggit), that can take the pulse of this community.

A thread about a module is derailing to become a storm of "demands", anger and bitterness.

More so a lack of comms from my frustration point of view. Hornet progress stalled, super carrier potentially delayed again, night lighting horrible, missiles kind of work, it’s all piled on at some point.

People don’t make these dates up, they were announced, so it’s not when WE want it it’s when they announced to have it available.

Since ED is apparently famous for slips, you knew that this release could slip as well so you bought it knowing it could slip. Still don't have any sympathy here..... If you couldn't handle a slip, then don't pre-purchase it.

Stuff happens..... Or are you the type to yell at a flight crew and/or the airlines customer service for a flight delay due to a thunderstorm over the airport or destination because you're the type to value you getting there at the scheduled time over your safety and life?

"Hey guys, I know you guys are pretty smart, and this certainly doesn't feel like a normal day before a release, so do the math. But the announcement will come from Kate herself, and she wants to be around to answer concerns then. If they decide to hold it back a while longer it is 100% in the best interest of everyone that pre-purchased it.

I know some internal MP testing went on this weekend, and it might have snagged some issues, but wait for the announcement tomorrow (AM Minsk). I do appreciate your support and concern, and good, bad and ugly I know it's all coming from a desire to have the Supercarrier as soon as you can, and in the best shape as it can be. Thanks."

Thats from Hoggit and NineLine.

Hope its ok to quote you on hoggit Nineline

Once again, Hoggit shouldn't be the source of public support/announcements...

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Since ED is apparently famous for slips, you knew that this release could slip as well so you bought it knowing it could slip. Still don't have any sympathy here..... If you couldn't handle a slip, then don't pre-purchase it.

Stuff happens..... Or are you the type to yell at a flight crew and/or the airlines customer service for a flight delay due to a thunderstorm over the airport or destination because you're the type to value you getting there at the scheduled time over your safety and life?

So it’s my fault they let their dates slip? I don’t yell at the airlines for weather but I am a software dev that doesn’t let my dates slip.

Guys relax, even ED would not announce a delay on the date the product was supposed to be released. They know what a PR disaster that would be. I'm sure they are aware of the frustration people have regarding their lack of communication with this PRE-ORDERED product. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

Steve

Edited by Bloodhound57

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Guys relax, even ED would not announce a delay on the date the product was supposed to be released. They know what a PR disaster that would be.

You must be new here

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

So it’s my fault they let their dates slip? I don’t yell at the airlines for weather but I am a software dev that doesn’t let my dates slip.

Not your fault for the slips, but if ED has a history and you knew of that history, it should help to set your expectations.

If you are a software dev then you should understand the process and things can slip. Or look at what happens when you release a product not ready yet since the company has a set timeframe ( iOS 13... Catalina, Vista, etc). Unless you're saying your products are perfect upon release.....

Why I need to forget Hawk? Hornet is too. Viper too. and we will meet another eternally no complete module. what is different them with My Hawk?

If you ED need more money for speeding of dev and more manpower, take my money.

I am ready for purchase for DCS. but, give it back my hawk. I think now early access modules not different with Hawk.

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Haha only on DCS can an announcement of unknown news miss its deadline.

Perhaps the post of the thread.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe the big news is:

SC, Kuznetsov, Arleigh Burke, WWII assets will all be free and can interact(trap and launch) with them. Only need the SC module to control the human positions (LSO,Air Boss, etc)

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Not your fault for the slips, but if ED has a history and you knew of that history, it should help to set your expectations.

If you are a software dev then you should understand the process and things can slip. Or look at what happens when you release a product not ready yet since the company has a set timeframe ( iOS 13... Catalina, Vista, etc). Unless you're saying your products are perfect upon release.....

They are not, but I also know all of the work and planning that goes into making sure your dates don’t slip and sometimes it’s a lot of work. If the world of software I work in if you miss dates it’s a big financial penalty for the company.

I'm hoping for the best...but remember,There's a terrible Virus Impacting our Planet and making People Extremely Sick,Let's Please Hope None of our Great Friends at DCS have been hurt by this.

You're are so right. This hype has gotten the worse of us. I too hope everyone at ED an everyone of you is fine and safe.

Stay safe

Why I need to forget Hawk? Hornet is too. Viper too. and we will meet another eternally no complete module. what is different them with My Hawk?

If you ED need more money for speeding of dev and more manpower, take my money.

I am ready for purchase for DCS. but, give it back my hawk. I think now early access modules not different with Hawk.

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

The difference is ED is still here, the Dev of your Hawk run away with your money and refused to give ED the source/required material to complete the mess they left behind after running away. So, get over it or "hunt" the former Dev down and annoy them with your Hawk.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

They are not, but I also know all of the work and planning that goes into making sure your dates don’t slip and sometimes it’s a lot of work. If the world of software I work in if you miss dates it’s a big financial penalty for the company.

It would be a bigger penalty to release buggy software that wasn't ready because of deadlines or announced dates because your customers will only tolerate that kind of approach for so long....