DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Some of the impatience in this thread is baffling, did any of you stop to possibly think that a possible delay would be due to the COVID-19 pandemic?

ED devs are people too, and just because there isn't news coming out of Russia about COVID doesn't mean they haven't been hit with it.

Some of the impatience in this thread is baffling, did any of you stop to possibly think that a possible delay would be due to the COVID-19 pandemic?

ED devs are people too, and just because there isn't news coming out of Russia about COVID doesn't mean they haven't been hit with it.

+1 for this!!

It would be a bigger penalty to release buggy software that wasn't ready because of deadlines or announced dates because your customers will only tolerate that kind of approach for so long....

You don’t miss deadlines because you accurately plan. Why should those customers not accept that approach but they should accept ED’s?

It would be a bigger penalty to release buggy software that wasn't ready because of deadlines or announced dates because your customers will only tolerate that kind of approach for so long....

I work in software development to and you would be suprised how accepting customers are towards buggy software but missing deadlines is usually worse.

Time to market is usually prioritized higher than having a complete feature set

The difference is ED is still here, the Dev of your Hawk run away with your money and refused to give ED the source/required material to complete the mess they left behind after running away. So, get over it or "hunt" the former Dev down and annoy them with your Hawk.

What they should of done is refund everybody’s money that went into that mess. It’s not the customers job to vet third party developers, it’s ED’s. They should have taken responsibility for it.

Edited by fmedges

I work in software development to and you would be suprised how accepting customers are towards buggy software but missing deadlines is usually worse.

Time to market is usually prioritized higher than having a complete feature set

Yep, adding in features and bug fixing can be done after the fact, but you can’t go back in time to fix that release date issue.

The difference is that we're in a niche genre, not much (proper) competition.

You gotta be passionate to deal with that kinda stuff on this level of detail ED is providing, and most companies are just out there for the money grab. Not saying ED is a company shying financial profit, but i think you get my point:

Lack of direct / proper competition automatically means that hickups at release -as well as delays of release dates- will be more tolerated, because will you just stop what you are passionate about due to something freshly released into EA, that can be patched anyways?

No you won't. I think at the end of the day we're happy that there is a company equally passionate about this stuff as we are, providing us with insanely detailed simulations of our favorite aircraft, even if not perfect - but constantly being worked on!

I write that while being unhappy about various things myself, but that's nothing to be discussed in this threat imho.

Don't overthink it, it's not as bad as you might think, but Kate is trying to be more hands-on, and the Supercarrier information, and other things she will be sharing she wants to engage with everyone.

Delayed it is.

Stay safe

The difference is ED is still here, the Dev of your Hawk run away with your money and refused to give ED the source/required material to complete the mess they left behind after running away. So, get over it or "hunt" the former Dev down and annoy them with your Hawk.
Thanks Unknown for showing the part to justice for that fellow. Perhaps joke was intended but stressed me out with the persistent demand.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

You're are so right. This hype has gotten the worse of us. I too hope everyone at ED an everyone of you is fine and safe.
+1

Thoughts like this should moderate and assuage anger and hope for the best news tomorrow.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

News is even delayed. They said today but meant tomorrow.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Do you guys remember when the Hornet and the Persian Gulf map was ready to release? We had pics, videos, and even live streams. Those were the days. SMH.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

My DCS just updated the updater.

Is that a positive sign or just wishful thinking?

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

• ED Team
My DCS just updated the updater.

Is that a positive sign or just wishful thinking?

Some house keeping for the updater.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2