DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

...remove any time frames...

Once it became obvious the initial release date wouldn't be met, yeah that might have been a good idea. If you're asking for people's money in advance with no date what so ever... that's probably not an option.

Those who've been here some time understand the challenges ED have, but if they don't sort out their PR more casual customers are just going to give up. The fact that mods on here allow people to call those who suggest things could be done better people 'whiners' and 'manbabies' doesn't help either.

Just like that, the single player crowd gets the shaft. I don’t really follow the logic. If the cause of the delay is true, and it functions acceptably in single player, why not release. Isn’t giving everyone something on time better than giving nothing to no one? It would at least let both the SP and the MP crowd learn how to use the module while waiting for full functionality.

My personal hunch is that the problems are deeper and more complicated. Where is Wags, for instance? Why no videos?

We won't see the Supercarrier today - it's sad. Will we see any other patch? DCS is not only a Supercarrier.

Tomorrow hopefully:

We plan to have the update tomorrow, April 16.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I dont think she was referring to SuperCarrier when she mentioned an update Tomorrow guys!

Me neither. I was answering his question about a DCS patch:

Me neither. I mean DCS patch, for example F-18, F-16, there are some of these modules, there is a lot to improve.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just like that, the single player crowd gets the shaft. I don’t really follow the logic. If the cause of the delay is true, and it functions acceptably in single player, why not release. Isn’t giving everyone something on time better than giving nothing to no one? It would at least let both the SP and the MP crowd learn how to use the module while waiting for full functionality.

My personal hunch is that the problems are deeper and more complicated. Where is Wags, for instance? Why no videos?

That is THE (real) question !

And for us who only forked out the dough to get our hands on the updated Admiral Kuznetsov model?

What's the excuse for withholding that from us?

Ah fk it. So tired of this

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

And for us who only forked out the dough to get our hands on the updated Admiral Kuznetsov model?

What's the excuse for withholding that from us?

Ah fk it. So tired of this

I presume its all on one supercarrier-branch

i

I have to agree with this, theres a lot of people that only play single player

THIS.

I appreciate all the hard work going on, in the middle of a world-wide-pandemic, but i am also wondering, if there are some deeper problems involved...because:

Why can´t you release the Carrier for SP in some form of beta testing? We all paid for this product, we all hopefully know what Alpha,beta, Early Access means, and we could provide usefull data while testing out the Carrier in SP in the meantime. I know that some guys are in the beta-Test program, so why not do a public beta test in the meantime?

And thats why i am afraid there is something more broken than what we know, thats why there are no more vids of Recovery operations, or even CATIII....

I dont await for some kind of wonder, but as many of you stated here:

Please be more specific, more clear on WHAT is really going on. We deserve to get the information, we are (mostly) matured simmers and can handle that, AND we paid and BELIEVE in your products, so please be fair to us as well.

Again, don´t get me wrong, i LOVE your work, i love this Sim, but it´s a dissappointment that you get such news directly on the planned release date and not earlier... :cry:

+1 for the SP release if at all possible.

What Crimson Ghost said above about extra testing data from a wider range of users on a Single Player only release may be really helpful to ED in the long run.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I am disappointed. My payement wasn't delayed. such an announcement the day before the planned release is bad communication..

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Just glad to get some communication on what is going on. Don't care if it is delayed, as long as you guys are working through it and trying to release in the best state possible that is all I need to know at this point.

Those asking for refunds because it missed the date today should be given their refund and also banned from ALL EA going forward

If SP flyers are in the majority, and the product the SP flyers bought and paid for works for them, I don't see why we have to wait for what we bought simply because the other guy - who holds the minority view - can't use it exactly the way he wants.

It would have been better to have just said there were bugs than to say there were MP bugs.

I try not to ***** too much because DCS is a lot of fun, but this was not a well thought out delay.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

This failure for me goes beyond just a delay. ED sold me a product that was in the final weeks before release on early access where in fact it has so far needed 4 months of further development to just get it out to beta testing. I spent $74.98 on SC and Hornet to use with it, which is not an insignificant amount of money. As a new player to DCS this leaves a very bitter taste and now I'm very much thinking of holding onto my sim bucks for FS2020.

"Good Gentles rant ye not." as Shakespeare would have said. First the code maybe, as already highlighted, on a separate branch. Second, although working fine in single player the code may break multiplayer even if the carrier is not used. There maybe performance enhancements in the patch that are linked to the carrier but not part of the carrier. I have no access to their bug repository so I don't know that for sure. You would all be really angry if this was unstable or stopped you playing online completely.

I am sure there will be a release soon. Bitching and ranting won't help them and we are talking about the open beta release. ED will not release this with a show stopper bug that they know about. So when this does come out we will have plenty bugs to find and give the developers to fix. Yes they have taken your cash and mine, but that has paid for this development to be carried out and eventually completed. If we didn't help with the cashflow then it would never have been developed. No one is putting out their hand asking for more money. Just time to get it right. That time is costing them money in pay and resources not us. ED is not a charity or open source doing this just for fun. Managers hate this sort of thing as these sort of issues cost.

So it is better to call off even at this late hour than release a bug into the master branch. The developers have burnt the midnight oil and eaten pizza, there fingers are sore from typing and the grey matter is aching from debugging all this. Going through logs when it says it is working an it is not. Looking for a needle in a haystack to crush the bug. If they release now then more panic getting a hotfix out. Long hours makes Johnny developer not so sharp. They do have to sleep and eat something other than pizza and Pepsi.

Remember COVID-19 can be fatal, patch fever is not. So chill, grab your ride of choice and BOMB the heck out of your chosen enemy. Or if you prefer select some poor unfortunate victim in the air and let him discover the joys of parachuting while saving just the furniture from his stricken plane.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE!

Edited by jester224