DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

• ED Team
Thanks. That makes more sense, but Kate's message comes across as meaning that SP could be released in 2 weeks without too much trouble if acceptable progress on MP has not been made. If that's not the case then I'm with you. I can see why precious resources shouldn't be diverted for something temporary like that.

She might have a better grasp on how hard it would be or not, but I do know its not something they could just whip out right now, thanks for the question though.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Dear Harlikwin,

Thank you for the feedback. A week ago we were deep into testing and a release on the 15th was feasible. Over the weekend and the early this week, the team and testers put in a great deal of overtime, and it was judged a couple of days ago that the 15th would not be possible for a solid release. At that time, Kate, Nick, and myself started drafting the announcement that was released today. This took a couple of days given the scope of what was relayed.

I hope this makes the timelines a bit more clear.

Kind regards,

Matt

Thanks for clarifying Matt. I realize that you guys were probably pushing hard to make the release date, which resulted in this. But maybe consider having go/no-go at an earlier point (like a week earlier or something). From the sound of the issue, it doesn't seem like its a "minor" thing either.

I think a lot of people were hyped that it was happening, and then to hear the day-of that it isn't happening was more frustrating than another delay announced earlier wold have been, at least based on comments I read.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team
Thanks for clarifying Matt. I realize that you guys were probably pushing hard to make the release date, which resulted in this. But maybe consider having go/no-go at an earlier point (like a week earlier or something). From the sound of the issue, it doesn't seem like its a "minor" thing either.

I think a lot of people were hyped that it was happening, and then to hear the day-of that it isn't happening was more frustrating than another delay announced earlier wold have been, at least based on comments I read.

Hey Harli,

Not to make excuses, I think it was the perfect storm as well, the team had a forced week off due to the COVID stuff, we had Easter weekend, everyone wants to hit the date, we probably held on longer than we should have in the hopes it would work out, I know that everyone at ED is super disappointed by this for sure, thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Now this just pisses me off and I really have to call BS on the excuse given for today's delay.

If you're prepared to do this in 2 weeks, why the hell not just do it now. WTF?

Possibly because it will take 2 weeks to yank out the bugged MP code from the module.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hey Harli,

Not to make excuses, I think it was the perfect storm as well, the team had a forced week off due to the COVID stuff, we had Easter weekend, everyone wants to hit the date, we probably held on longer than we should have in the hopes it would work out, I know that everyone at ED is super disappointed by this for sure, thanks.

That totally makes sense! Thanks!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

It should have been announced in early. Announcing the acting on the release date is not really qualified as a corporation, with a 0% TRUST, i will not see any ED roadmap in the future

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

Hey Harli,

That's honestly what it sounded like. Well, here's hoping you guys can fix whatever is broken quickly.

Dear NRG,

Sorry, but from her post:

[ April-May 2020 ] Supercarrier EA

Kind regards,

Matt

I will take this as, by 05/31/2020. Anytime before that will be a nice surprise. Thanks for the clarification.

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

With DCS World, Beta is a much looser term than other software. At the current time the Open Beta version 2.5.6.45915 is so far ahead of the current stable version of 2.5.5.41371. Particularly lighting and reflections but generally better looking and more detailed than the stable version. I rarely run the stable version myself, as any bugs are no where close to show stoppers. Also there is no requirement for submitting bug reports when using the Open Beta version. I am certain the the Super Carrier will be a huge improvement over the current U.S.S Stennis model and therefore beta or not it will be good!

Pretty much this... if compared to the OS we have to run it on, every single beta version is a valid gold master. But at least in VR, I can just quote Laobi as he's been dead on, even if he made the statement for another product that shall not be mentioned:

In some versions of [DCS], playing in Vee Or was like entering a whole new minigame called "There's a f***en psychopath hiding in the back of your plane". I'll explain what I mean: It was like waking up in the cockpit with a hangover, only to be suddenly cracked across the head with a baseball bat - and just as soon as you regain consciousness, the same thing happens again. About thirty or fourty times a minute!

Still can't stop laughing about this rdlaugh.png

And TBH this is something one might have to expect running a beta, and issues like these occur very rarely in DCS which I'm glad about still, even while hoping to get my frames back up with the next update possibly. I can still do some free flights and learn the machines without going into full action. And please don't even quote me on multiplayer which is a completely different ballpark. I would, but I simply can't, in a nutshell.

It was such a nice place until AOL happened. Really.

I miss those times where you'd get a free beermat in the mail every other day though...

aol-promo-cd.jpg

Someone did make a nice user manual too.

TBH I almost had the feeling Bunyap somehow left the com since the last life sign I've seen from him was over 3 years ago (some Viggen tutorials), I mean he just was gone... and then cometh Wags to announce that he made a manual for the "Supper Carrier" applejackshocked.png

People post faster than I read and refresh!

I know, binging these thread is a full time job with tight crunch times, but worth the popcorn eaten rdlaugh.png

Covid-19 takes priority over our favourite game. Almost every industry in the West and East has been heavily affected by it so wouldn't be suprised if there is a delay. Personally there are bigger things to worry about than the release of Super Carrier.

Definately. I've got toilet paper for three weeks, but haven't been able to get new ones for about 2 months now. And since you can't wash your hands with water alone as you can't get anything to wash things with either... imagine the Unforeseen Consequences by yourself. See y'all in that toilet paper apocalypse getting very real soon with sewers clogged worldwide with papers that mustn't go into into the Shock Potty - we might be seeing pandemics MUCH worse than Covid 19 that we've read about in the medieval chapters of our history books back in school icon_redface.gif

The situation hasn't been alleviated in the last months, so it won't in the next few weeks either...

I work in a ICU 15hrs a day with stuff more important going on in the world then a carrier that might be delayed little to make it better.

A true hero, especially these days salute.png

Just look at HeatBlur's situation right now with Cobra having to go deal with a personal issue.

You just made me curious... icon_question.gif

Keep calm and drink a beer. Cheers! :-)

corona-extra.thumb.jpg.09b9057bbd9af913006d8382b32e4b53.jpg

Cheers! ajmug.png

[ April-May 2020 ] Supercarrier EAcry.gif

If you really want to have an absolutely safe bet: June 10 or 24 fsgrin.png

Honestly dates are a part of the software business and if you can’t make then your process is flawed. Missing dates in business software is not tolerated and is a good way to lose your business but for some reason it’s tolerated in the game world.

That and being open, communicating the customer is very much a rock solid guarantee to get you fired quicker that Cap can say "GITSUM" in business outside of the game industry. I've been there so I know what I'm talking. The business is VERY toxic. We can be glad about every little bit of communication and openness we get here, and it's LOTS, very much appreciated pinkie-approved.png

I hope this weekend. While in the hands of our valuable external testers, we've been tuning a lot of fine-line up LSO commands. I think we are pretty close now and to the point I can make a much more representative video.

We've also adjusted the PLAT camera quite a bit during the testing stage, and I plan to create a video of that too.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Matt

Can't wait to see this. I'm sure this is going to get a very big step forward, well worth the wait. We have to thank you for making all this real twilightsmile.png

the team had a forced week off due to the COVID stuff

Glad it was just one week. I heard this had been extended over the course of May, so I guess things are kept running from home offices now... hope they all and their families stay safe as these times can get very hard dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Dear all,

Thank you for your patience, and no one is more disappointed than us that we were unable to meet our planned release date. Although the Single Player experience is quite solid for the Early Access version, we discovered significant network issues during extensive testing over the past week. In good consciousness, we cannot release it in its current multiplayer state.

Considering the disappointing F-16C state at Early Access release, we will not repeat the same mistakes for Supercarrier.

We are sincerely sorry for this delay, and we thank you for your continued patience as we bring Supercarrier to a state that we can all be proud of.

Kind regards,

Matt

I prefer to wait than to deal with bugs :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

They honestly said the super carrier is ready to go but we don’t release EA products during a sale. I know people that were preordering as late as yesterday because we were told it’s ready to go and then today at the 11th hour we get a pretty weak statement. Hey it’s not done, but look over here at all this other stuff we have planned.

Yup, this really didn't sit well with me either.

How do we return the module we pre-ordered?

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I on the other hand will continue to purchase early access modules for 2 simple reasons.

1. Purchasing early access modules helps fund the development of the module.

2. I save money!

DCS World is the best thing going for flight sims and I refuse to give up on it because of missed release dates.

Keep up the good work ED!

+1

Well said!

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

Heh. I just had a thought (that's pretty unusual, I like to make sure everyone knows it happened).

My wife is Russian; lived in Russia for 36 years, still has that cute accent, still keeps up with the news from the old country and isn't shy about telling me what's going on with "Regional Governors" running n-COV response and utility bills and "HOAs" taking over the big apartment blocks and food prices and all that.

I'll bet Kate and Chiz and Rik and the other people who live on that side of the curtain are laughing their popkas off at the angst shown by the couple dozen people here who's lives are apparently over since a new game module didn't get released when they wanted it. They're going to take their toys and go home. Hold their breaths 'till they turn blue.

And those guys are wondering what you would do with a real problem. Your first world problems don't register; they know what problems are, and still they bust their butts for you.

I'm pretty hard to perturb, but she reminds me that even the things that annoy me are good problems to have.

I'll try not to have any more thoughts for a while. Probably time to crash into the back of a less-than-super carrier. It's fun watching the LSOs dive for cover every time I make a pass.

And those guys are wondering what you would do with a real problem. Your first world problems don't register; they know what problems are, and still they bust their butts for you.

Up until this moment we all thought they were being paid as part of a profitable enterprise. Didn't know the SC was just a labour of love for our benefit.

Thank you for enlightening us, and for explaining that none of us know what problems are.

Good thing you're here. We're all the better for it. clap_2.gif

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

Heh. I just had a thought (that's pretty unusual, I like to make sure everyone knows it happened).

My wife is Russian; lived in Russia for 36 years, still has that cute accent, still keeps up with the news from the old country and isn't shy about telling me what's going on with "Regional Governors" running n-COV response and utility bills and "HOAs" taking over the big apartment blocks and food prices and all that.

I'll bet Kate and Chiz and Rik and the other people who live on that side of the curtain are laughing their popkas off at the angst shown by the couple dozen people here who's lives are apparently over since a new game module didn't get released when they wanted it. They're going to take their toys and go home. Hold their breaths 'till they turn blue.

I'm pretty hard to perturb, but she reminds me that even the things that annoy me are good problems to have.

I'll try not to have any more thoughts for a while. Probably time to crash into the back of a less-than-super carrier. It's fun watching the LSOs dive for cover every time I make a pass.

The fact that you and people like you can’t fathom that people are upset and continue to try and big d!ck is with your stories about how soft we are really show your true character. People are entitled to their opinions even if you don’t like it. Spare me your tales of adversity both my wife and I are disabled combat veterans and I find your boo boo story about utility bills and adversity laughable but by all means keep lecturing me on how soft I am.

Edited by fmedges

Plan B.... how do I get a refund for the pre-order I no longer wish to support? I'll buy it when it is working.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]