DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

All things being considered, I think we should feel lucky they told us what they did with the "MP Problems" answer. I personally could care less if they ever detail the problems, as a machinist, it isn't like I can offer them any help, just so long as they fix it in a timely fashion. Timely being a loosely used word for ED recently.
If they did give us a break down of what is and isn't working I am sure they would get lots of different advice of what to do and which bits should matter. Probably best to just get on with it IMHO!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

All things being considered, I think we should feel lucky they told us what they did with the "MP Problems" answer. I personally could care less if they ever detail the problems, as a machinist, it isn't like I can offer them any help, just so long as they fix it in a timely fashion. Timely being a loosely used word for ED recently.

If they did give us a break down of what is and isn't working I am sure they would get lots of different advice of what to do and which bits should matter. Probably best to just get on with it IMHO!

Exactly! Although I am curious, it's not necessary. Besides, there are already too many Project Managers on these forums. They're already telling ED how to handle the OB & stable versions, and now the SC. You give people an inch, they're going to take a mile.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Carrier No lights for Case III landings?

Anybody know why the Carrier isn't lighting up for Case III landings at night?

Thrustmaster A10 Warthog

Thrustmaster Rudder

Naturalpoint TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro

ACPI x64 PC

Corsair K70 RGB LUX

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

Intel i7-8700K@3.70GHz

GeFORCE GTX 1080 Ti

16GB DDR4 Corsair 3000 C15

Is it coming out today or Thursday? I hear it was initially delayed due to multiplayer issues, how about releasing it in its current state for single players?

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

I'm Thinking The Super Carrier Module is a lot more complicated due to the compatibility with The Heatblur Tomcat,which is a complex module in it's own right.

The recent Open Beta added these features to The F-14,And Ironically Broke using The Regular Stennis in Multi Player.

DCS F-14B by Heatblur Simulations

NEW! Introducing TWS-Auto for the AWG-9

Updated tutorial mission “Carrier based take off”

Added keybinds for seat adjustment

Added Jester keybinds for BVR

Disabled AI kneeling (for supercarrier)

Added holdback bar (for supercarrier)

Added salute command (for supercarrier)

Supercarrier compatibility added for client/player

WIP: F-14B AI compatibility for supercarrier

Fixed VIS FIX updating delta continuously

Fix VDI range bar scale value not being shown

Fixed Track Hold green light

Adjusted pitch rate damper

And this has been complicated even more so because [Cobra] Nick from Heatblur has had to rush to the aide of a family member suffering from the virus,So as you can see,It's a complicated situation that DCS possibly doesn't have full control over.

Heatblur didn't break the Stennis. The current state of the Stennis Carrier was a known issue when they released the patch. Go check the release notes again.

"Known issues

Torpedoes from U-boat or S-boat could be fired to unmoved targets only

MP: Ship speed calculated with errors and drifted, so aircraft can slide on the deck

PLAT camera view missing from the Stennis"

Is it coming out today or Thursday? I hear it was initially delayed due to multiplayer issues, how about releasing it in its current state for single players?
I think Kate from DCS said that it won't be in April.

No they wont release it just for single players as that has been asked multiple times and they have said NO!

Edited by DW2020

I think Kate from DCS said that it won't be in April.

No they wont release it just for single players as that has been asked multiple times and they have said NO!

Source, please.

I could've sworn she said that's their Plan B.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I now define 'timely' as meeting the 5/31 deadline. If they're not able to release at least the SP version by then, I'll take Kate up on her offer and request a refund on my pre-order. Not because I don't want to support ED, but because I think a missed 5/31 says volumes about the magnitude of problems still in SC. I don't mind giving ED an interest free loan (which is what buying pre-order technically is) for a few weeks, but missing 5/31 leads me to think it will be months before a release and I'll have to take a wait and see attitude before purchasing SC :(

That's reasonable. I prefer to have it the SC than not. And I don't think Steam would do a refund anyway, so I guess I'm stuck.

For the time being, I have been successfully bought off by the one-month free trial of all the modules. smilewink.gif

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Source, please.

I could've sworn she said that's their Plan B.

It is their plan B. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

For the time being, I have been successfully bought off by the one-month free trial of all the modules. smilewink.gif

It is a great move on their part to keep us happy...and the half off sale is great. I just bought the Normandy map and plan to check out the free Spitfire :thumbup:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

Loving the try and fly for a month. Today I flew a large amount of aircraft that I wouldnt of been able to fly if it wasnt for this.

High points of the day:

Flying a Spitfire over Normandy at low level flat out!

Flying an F-16 over Normandy during the D Day landings. Now that WAS cool!!!

It is a great move on their part to keep us happy...and the half off sale is great. I just bought the Normandy map and plan to check out the free Spitfire :thumbup:

I bought the Normany map a while back, I like it but it does hit my FPS. I'm still trying the Spitfire, and I have to admit I'm not crazy about it.

But whoever dreamed up the free trials earned DCS a lot of love. Probably the best and most generous promotion I've ever seen.

"You're stuck at home and you like flightsims? Here, have $1000 worth of stuff free stuff for a month."

I mean, seriously. It's beyond... pilotfly.gif

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Loving the try and fly for a month. Today I flew a large amount of aircraft that I wouldnt of been able to fly if it wasnt for this.

High points of the day:

Flying a Spitfire over Normandy at low level flat out!

Flying an F-16 over Normandy during the D Day landings. Now that WAS cool!!!

Cool. I'm planning to perform F18 and Su33 Carrier Ops in the English channel :pilotfly:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

Hope so. Every land based hop in the Viper I feel another brain cell dying. I don't have many left:idiot: Thank you ED for the free trails!

"Flaring is like squatting to take a piss"

Edited by Hamel

If artillery is the finger of God, then fast air is Gods hammer.

Hey guys,

I think Kate said today to not expect in April.

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Final post of DCS World roadmap update thread - Kate Perederko:

"[...]I have to admit that the release of the update last week didn't meet our expectations at all.

We still have a lot of work to do with performance issues before we will be able to release it to the Stable branch.

Please do not expect it to be released in April."

Generally if your product is months away from being beta ready at deadline, you need to seriously reevaluate your expectations ...

If ED can say now SC needs a boat load of work, why go through the pain of crashing deadlines you know you're not going to meet?

It's fair to say thanks for the offer of your back catalogue but I'd rather you were upfront with how you are going to deliver on my purchase.

I'm quite happy to accept this was a last minute bug that caught ED out. This is the first time I can remember ED missing a release date in 10 years.
Are you serious ? They missed a lot of release dates recently. F16, F18, where each pushed back 2-3 times. Persian gulf was pushed back several times, EDGE update as well. They are too many to count

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk