DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Dude, honestly, please try reading what I post properly. I didn't say you called someone dumb, I said "Try figuring out what's being talked about before throwing words like 'dumb' around."

I'll try rephrasing - I'm not trying to start an argument, but I would like us to actually communicate on this.

The idea of releasing the SP was dependant on the multiplayer code being removed, and the bugs with it. If that can't be done then obviously it can't be released, but that's not a reason for them to explore it, as Kate suggested they will in circumstances such as those we find ourselves in.

The argument of "but what if it kills multiplayer anyway" can be attached to every single module. If the SP or anything else kills multiplayer, they should definitely not release it.

Believe it or not, I would rather they didn't release it piecemeal, I'd rather they use all available resources fixing the module and releasing it once that's done rather than trying to change plan at this point. All I've been saying since my first post in this thread is that Beirut expressed an idea that made sense and didn't deserve to be called "the dumbest idea".

Read back through your first comment in this exchange and tell me again how I fall below the line of showing respect. If you don't like participating in the thread feel free not to, but I won't be vacating to suit you.

Read it, understand it. Moving on, have a good one and stay safe man.

Read it, understand it. Moving on, have a good one and stay safe man.
Sure, you too

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

While the module itself is delayed until ??? is there any more info on the included new Kuznetsov aircraft carrier and Arleigh Burke destroyer? Some photos? What will actually be included? Is Combined Arms a requirement? etc....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

I hope ED will be able to rebuild the hype for the SC again, because that Launch Operations video Wags made drew a lot of attention and not just from this community. With that video plus having a release date attached to it and for the SC to be delayed killed the vibe for any potential newcomers, IMO. People's attention span is like gnats. Got to grab it when you can.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I hope ED will be able to rebuild the hype for the SC again, because that Launch Operations video Wags made drew a lot of attention and not just from this community. With that video plus having a release date attached to it and for the SC to be delayed killed the vibe for any potential newcomers, IMO. People's attention span is like gnats. Got to grab it when you can.

So true. I'm guilty as well. What would be nice though are some pictures/screenshots of not just the carrier but also of the other ships. Its something nice to see while we wait.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

I hope ED will be able to rebuild the hype for the SC again, . . .

Of course they will. Once the SC is out and people are posting shots and videos and reviews, the hype will be twofold at least. I'm going to buy the F-18 solely because of the SC.

The SC is in a league of its own. It's a ground breaking module.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Of course they will. Once the SC is out and people are posting shots and videos and reviews, the hype will be twofold at least. I'm going to buy the F-18 solely because of the SC.

The SC is in a league of its own. It's a ground breaking module.

I hope so. I've always said that this module has a lot of potential for future expansions.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

What is problem exactly?

I know MP problem. the desync. but what os exact problem? if it is hard to fix, I wanna to know.

what is exact problem? did you find the way to fix?

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

It’s a problem with the bypass valve. That and the filthy muck on the windows...

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Why I dont need to know? do you mean I dont understand the problem? I know desync problem on the deck sliding first reported when 10years ago more. LOMAC Su-33.

I wanna know to devs are can fix it from huge legacy codes. I think, they cant fix. if they can, bug not still exist during 10 years more.

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I’m interested in the "exact" technical issue(s) too.

The poor exhausted developers may be trying to solve an insoluble problem.

Sometimes it is just not possible to match the expectations set.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Also the question is, what SP content is actually ready? As both training missions and instant action missions need to be prepared by the devs and judging by the other EA releases lately and absence of all but one video, I have the suspicion that they are still working on those along the bugfixes. If they are working on them at all and won't provide us with video tutorials instead.

Danger zone!

Maybe some information in the newsletter this week? Hopefully, it isn't just about another sale.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Apr. 24 newsletter has been updated, but sadly, no mention about carrier...

Frustrating. Oh well.

Curious, does anyone still believe it was just multiplayer broken?

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals