DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

.. and if they had included your suggested single line, there would probably have been complaints that they needn't have bothered.

I've also ordered the SC module and believe me, i would really love to see it activated in my account by now, but them adding a nothing update in the weekly newsletter is not going to make it arrive any quicker.

My only complaint with ED, which clearly remains, has been about the manner in which information is conveyed, or in most cases, not conveyed. I have never faulted ED for bugs, glitches, technical issues and the like. If its broke, I get it, but to not include any official word or comment in the weekend updates is patently ridiculous. Its just another missed opportunity to communicate effectively with your customer base. It almost feels spiteful...although, I'm certain it is not.

We have a new volunteer Closed Beta Test group that is now testing and running the SC through its paces, but when we have more solid news to share, we will share it with you all.

Thank you! That is fantastic news and all I'm talking about. If that simple piece of information had been shared in the official weekend news, you wouldn't have had to bother here. I just don't get it.

In any event, thanks again NineLine.

• ED Team
Thank you! That is fantastic news and all I'm talking about. If that simple piece of information had been shared in the official weekend news, you wouldn't have had to bother here. I just don't get it.

In any event, thanks again NineLine.

SC is pretty dynamic in developments right now, and the newsletter is written a few days ago, so might be that. Thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

.. and if they had included your suggested single line, there would probably have been complaints that they needn't have bothered.

I've also ordered the SC module and believe me, i would really love to see it activated in my account by now, but them adding a nothing update in the weekly newsletter is not going to make it arrive any quicker.

.... but a NineLine post in this thread just might :)

We have a new volunteer Closed Beta Test group that is now testing and running the SC through its paces, but when we have more solid news to share, we will share it with you all.

Soooooo..... where do i sign up for said super beta? :pilotfly:

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

Application process closed last week.

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

thanks Nineline for the update i usually dont pay to much mind to the argument about broken things or things not being releaced yet but there has been a weird lack of news or teasers since 4/15 and that was handled oddly to im used to someone coming out days before saying the project didnt pass beta and is going to be delayed days before the intended release date it just seems kinda odd with this module

but hey best of luck and i hope everyone is safe during this pandemic and i would understand if this is because of that and not the new direction with comms. i appreciate you nineline but usually you answer the addition questions and are not the full story out, outside of the newsletters.

Application process closed last week.

Oh, I forgot to mention everyone migrated over there and all the servers as well. If your not in the closed beta well....

We’re having a blast with the super carrier. Works incredible.

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Oh, I forgot to mention everyone migrated over there and all the servers as well. If your not in the closed beta well....

We’re having a blast with the super carrier. Works incredible.

Make sure somebody's testing it on a 1070, 8700K rig at full 4K, will ya? :smilewink:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Well let just hope the Tester are doing what they should be .. and testing it.

I do hope there is a broader spectrum of System's and knowledge.. Even the noobest person in the world can find something the legends of the brains trust miss..

They look too tech.. and sometimes that logical thinking will break shit..

Find them bugs, before I die..

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

Good luck with that regardless. I been with ED products for 25 years. Never been invited nor had my volunteering acknowledged.

Edited by Mower

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Hey fellow pilots.... I understand being frustrated by the delays. However, ED is doing their best to release a product that they are proud of and that 'us' the users enjoy. Too often in today's development (agile) world, everyone focuses on the date as the most important part. If software is not ready, it shouldn't be release just because a date was decided on. Anyway, my 2 cents :).

Happy flying... I also am very excited to use the SC.

yeah but we all been stuck at home with this virus shit and nothing much to do would not have been a great time to explore a new module...

now where I live it looks like things are starting to recover and I'll be off to work again with no time to myself.. at all...

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

Well.... at least some updates in the Newsletter where it is, where it's going etc. would be nice.

I mean, it was supposed to be released half a month ago and the information about the new "release date" (somewhere between end of April and end of May) is "somewhere" on the forums.

I can't even find it very quickly. It was some reply to some thread, somewhere (was it in the Super Carrier, or the official News Thread?)

I don't care if I have to wait, but the least thing they could do is keep us updated on the official channels. Instead we get "Hey, we still have the free flight!" Oh really? Haven't noticed that thing that's going on for nearly 2 months (which is awesome, so thanks for that ED).

But we don't need a reminder every week about that.

• ED Team
Good luck with that regardless. I been with ED products for 25 years. Never been invited nor had my volunteering acknowledged.

Your passion and support is appreciated, and if you check the MISC and credits in the editor we do thank all open beta testers. :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Your passion and support is appreciated, and if you check the MISC and credits in the editor we do thank all open beta testers. :thumbup:

You do..? Damn, I got to pay more attention here, haven't my Callsign yet :lol:

Just kidding...! :thumbup:

But on the subject, IMHO, ANY little update would work wonders for us loyal peasants, muggles and mortals here... and, another video teaser or two... Landng Tutorial, perhaps? It will make the wait worth while, especially since many of us are now under lock and key, voluntary and not... :smilewink:

Edited by EagleA25

Well with them having the testers running it through it’s paces, I’m hoping it’ll come out in the near future. As bummed out as I was about it’s delay, I totally understand it and don’t fault ED. Really looking forward to this module and know ED will deliver.

They'll get to it when they get to it just like the 2yr old Hornet, so quit nagging!

Dear Community and Hornet Pilots,

Today I would like to discuss with you our DCS: F/A-18C Hornet roadmap. We look forward to working with you in a constructive and efficient manner to create an achievable and transparent roadmap that covers the features to be delivered by the end of 2020 that will bring the Hornet out of Early Access.

I have also included the features that we plan to work on in 2021 to sustain the Hornet after Early Access completion.

DCS: F/A-18C Out of Early Access Features:

1. Completion of the Litening Targeting Pod (to be delivered with next update)

2. Dynamic launch zone, AUTO mode for JDAM (to be delivered with next update)

3. AG radar. MAP + Fixed Target Track (FTT) (to be delivered with next update)

4. SLAM air-to-surface missile (to be delivered in next update)

5. [ complex ] AG radar. EXP modes (1-2-3), GMT and GMTT modes, and SEA search mode

6. [ difficult ] Azimuth / Elevation air-to-air radar mode with AUTO IFF modes

7. [ difficult ] Coupled autopilot modes

8. [ difficult ] ACLS mode

9. [ difficult ] Datalink symbols, EW symbols, and AG mode for JHMCS

10. [ normal ] Correct possible flare number loaded

11. [ normal ] ASPJ ECM jammer

12. [ normal ] Adjust countermeasure programs when on ground

13. [ normal ] Mark points

14. [ normal ] Offset waypoints

15. [ difficult ] SLAM-ER air-to-surface missile

16. [ difficult ] Harpoon, SEA radar directed mode (FTT)

17. [ iterations during 2020 until completed] Update flight model for ground effect, takeoff pitch effects, auto-pilot based on FPM, touch and go handling, and other remaining flight model issues

Complex - 12-20 weeks of development

Difficult - 4-8 weeks of development

Normal - 2-3 weeks of development

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Improvements in 2021:

1. Jamming targets not displayed on radar, should be in dugout

2. Aircraft Setup Card in Options

3. Mission Card for 60 waypoints with properties (Sequence 1, 2, 3, PP, PB, Initial, etc.)

4. RWS RAID air-to-air radar sub-mode missing

5. Radar SPOT mode

6. AG radar interleaved mode (SEA and GMT)

7. AG radar. AGR (air to ground ranging) mode

8. HARM Pre-Briefed mode

9. GBU-32 JDAM

10. Select AA and AG on ground

11. TALD decoy

12. AIM-7P

13. Mk-77 firebomb

14. GBU-24 Paveway III LGB

15. IN LAR cue is missing

16. The missing function of WIDE radar auto acquisition mode, cannot slew it

17. UFC BU page

18. Flight member TGT ground target SA page symbol missing

19. Fuel BIT (FLBIT) Page

20. MUMI Page

21. Gun sparks at night

22. INS / GPS full simulation and alignment (carrier and ground)

23. LOFT modes, ARM, JPF, and other JDAM and JSOW remaining functions

24. BDU-45 Training Bomb

25. GEN-X decoy

26. S/A and AUTO countermeasure modes

27. ATFLIR

Sincerely,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

Edited by Caffeine_High

***HEY LOOK HERE***

Nagging? Who? The dudes just wants some vids to drool over. I find that pretty fair.

Apart from that, you lost me after two senteces. Pretty hard to read.

Might ease on the caffeine intake?

Sorry, just had to!

EDIT:

Thanks Caffeine! Now that I re-read it, makes sense!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Edited by MAXsenna

An update on Closed Beta Testing progress this week would be Nice.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Since the announcement that the Super Carrier will be delayed, I have not opened DCS on my gaming computer. It's weird. Without the Carrier, I have no desire to play.

Me too. I'm in the same boat. No pun intended. :)

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals