DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

In Russian forum, USSR_Rik --

It's a shame one needs to browse forums to find interesting comments - this should be part of the SC update in weekly news I think.

I couldn't agree more!! This subtle insight helps put things in perspective.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It's a shame one needs to browse forums to find interesting comments - this should be part of the SC update in weekly news I think.

So... each ED employee that posts on the forum should search the forum to find out if anyone else has posted a similar bit of info... then, if not... They should copy their comment to some "repository of comments made" that should be placed in a weekly report of some type that will be handled likely by some other employee? OR... Should that other employee take the time to search the forum and find all "new" comments by employees and create said database on their own... All while making sure they read ALL of the ED comments and make sure they weren't just repeating things in the weekly update?

I mean... I feel like we could just be appreciative of new information when we get it... Whether it comes from the weekly update, some rando forum post or some other grapevine all together.

It amazes me how much people think everything should be served up on a silver platter for them. Just MHO... No offense :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

So... each ED employee that posts on the forum should search the forum to find out if anyone else has posted a similar bit of info... then, if not... They should copy their comment to some "repository of comments made" that should be placed in a weekly report of some type that will be handled likely by some other employee? OR... Should that other employee take the time to search the forum and find all "new" comments by employees and create said database on their own... All while making sure they read ALL of the ED comments and make sure they weren't just repeating things in the weekly update?

I mean... I feel like we could just be appreciative of new information when we get it... Whether it comes from the weekly update, some rando forum post or some other grapevine all together.

It amazes me how much people think everything should be served up on a silver platter for them. Just MHO... No offense :).

Maybe this "repository of comments made" could be placed in the module subforum and called a "Module News" thread, and employees who provide new information could do so there instead of in random places on and beyond this forum.
Edited by Horns
Added location of News Thread

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Yeah, I was wondering if that was going to be a problem. Design a system to work "like it should" if everyone "does their part". Then let loose a bunch of MP noobs with 30 minutes time in the jet and "hilarity" ensues. And no, it doesn't sound like an "easy thing to fix" so I'm glad they seem to have it mostly down.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING" indeed.... :megalol:

Maybe if you screw up too much, the crew chief just pulls you out of the jet and it despawns…

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Maybe this "repository of comments made" could be placed in the module subforum and called a "Module News" thread, and employees who provide new information could do so there instead of in random places on and beyond this forum.

I mean... seems like a reasonable request until you put yourself in the shoes of those working a job.

They need to be efficient...and you don't actually need the info. You want it.

I get it :)... there needs to be a balance. I'm not advocating that ED stop giving us info :).

On one forum I'm a member of there is a USER who goes through each day/week and searches posts made by employees who make interesting comments (it's easy to search)... then the USER keeps a thread with all of the interesting posts and links to where they're said in one neat and tidy place.

I like that method. I'm not interested in it enough to do it myself... Which is why I don't.

But... the fact that some people ARE interested enough in having the information to suggest that someone ELSE do it while also NOT being interested enough to do it THEMSELVES brings me, again, to the second part of my post.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Yeah, I was wondering if that was going to be a problem. Design a system to work "like it should" if everyone "does their part". Then let loose a bunch of MP noobs with 30 minutes time in the jet and "hilarity" ensues. And no, it doesn't sound like an "easy thing to fix" so I'm glad they seem to have it mostly down.

Maybe if you screw up too much, the crew chief just pulls you out of the jet and it despawns…

That would be funny as hell to see from a spectator standpoint. As a former enlisted service member, it's not like we haven't thought about it.

Well for headline items, shouldn't it?!

The SC has been delayed. Twice. The second time with only a rough time scale for a release.

I'm very sympathetic to your view that ED shouldn't spend lots of time collating every last bit of info for everyone and indeed that they're under no obligation to do so.

But the only announcement here is from Wags, taking about the initial delay to the 15th of April. Anyone stumbling across this forum might well be confused as to why it isn't already out.

10mins spent to post an updated announcement that people can find easily (instead of trawling through this 200+ page thread) isn't too much to ask.

I mean... seems like a reasonable request until you put yourself in the shoes of those working a job.

They need to be efficient...and you don't actually need the info. You want it.

I get it :)... there needs to be a balance. I'm not advocating that ED stop giving us info :).

On one forum I'm a member of there is a USER who goes through each day/week and searches posts made by employees who make interesting comments (it's easy to search)... then the USER keeps a thread with all of the interesting posts and links to where they're said in one neat and tidy place.

I like that method. I'm not interested in it enough to do it myself... Which is why I don't.

But... the fact that some people ARE interested enough in having the information to suggest that someone ELSE do it while also NOT being interested enough to do it THEMSELVES brings me, again, to the second part of my post.

If we were pre-launch here I'd agree that info would simply be desired and the quantity of same up to ED. At the point they set a release date two months after the first for indeterminate reasons I think informing the owners of progress on the official site became a responsibility.

I found that BIGNEWY and Nineline's Reddit profiles didn't display their posts. Now my reddit foo isn't that tight so if I'm missing something let me know, but that means someone running the thread you suggest would need to go through and find their posts in situ, which seems like a daunting task for a volunteer.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• ED Team
Hopefully Wags will put that in Mini Updates

Just posted, we are working through the various media channels now.

Purpose of the video is for beginners who are not familiar with DCS.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

"Snip"

Now that I would love to see... :thumbup: Wonder what an "Air-Quaker" would think?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I assume a partial refund is coming to all the early pre-release purchasers who tried to support ED, only to then sell it with 50% discount right before release...?

It's not even like we have been able to use it in the meantime so actually gained any benefit whatsoever, so very different to a module going on sale later after release.

ED are really going all-out to try and dissuade pre-purchase decisions lately..

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just posted, we are working through the various media channels now.

Purpose of the video is for beginners who are not familiar with DCS.

thanks

Who know that there was so many new players

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Who know that there was so many new players

Why would you say that when "they" specifically stated in a newsletter that the free-to-play month has been very successful in bringing in a large number of new-to-DCS players.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

If anyone watched the video, did you notice the OB version # - 2.6? I hope there have been some major performance fixes.

I believe it says 2.6.0.48660

Does the yellow shirt give a hand signal to wipe the controls? If so, when in the sequence?

Edited by MonnieRock

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Why would you say that when "they" specifically stated in a newsletter that the free-to-play month has been very successful in bringing in a large number of new-to-DCS players.

Believe what you will

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
If anyone watched the video, did you notice the OB version # - 2.6? I hope there have been some major performance fixes.

Its a development build, well ahead of release versions, we won't see a 2.6.0 release for some time. Things get taken out of that build and moved down the line towards Open Beta and a number related more to where we are at.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yea but when they made that stupid last minute announcement on the 15th that is wasn't going to be ready, that kinda scratched the post you shared. Now their saying sometime around the end of May to the start of 2021 (being sarcastic with that last bit). Not super happy with EDs comms on this issue but they did say it was postponed on the 15th, therefore we have to move on from that date.

As I mentioned before multiple times. I don't have an issue with the delay. I have (or had, depending on how they decide to move forward) a problem with the form of communication (or lack thereof).

If it takes another month and it will be out at the end of June or even the end of the year, no problem for me. I'll happily wait when I get the information on time and more then just "we're working on it"

They have to rebuild my/our trust and then we'll see.

I assume a partial refund is coming to all the early pre-release purchasers who tried to support ED, only to then sell it with 50% discount right before release...?

It's not even like we have been able to use it in the meantime so actually gained any benefit whatsoever, so very different to a module going on sale later after release.

ED are really going all-out to try and dissuade pre-purchase decisions lately..

Hear, hear - totally agree.