DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Just posted, we are working through the various media channels now.

Purpose of the video is for beginners who are not familiar with DCS.

thanks

Beginners will be disappointed when they see the module is not available. They will be very disappointed to see that you do not know when it will be released. They will also know that ED never makes promises and that it is only plans (everything is subject to change). The initial plan was to released one month ago....

I wonder why it was so urgent to make this video except to talk about a new EA with the P47

I assume a partial refund is coming to all the early pre-release purchasers who tried to support ED, only to then sell it with 50% discount right before release...?

It's not even like we have been able to use it in the meantime so actually gained any benefit whatsoever, so very different to a module going on sale later after release.

ED are really going all-out to try and dissuade pre-purchase decisions lately..

Eh? Its cheaper now than it was in January!!?? Really? How does that work with the additional hornet discount? I have been disappointed by the cancellations but, not really over bothered. Happy that it would come at some point. But it's on sale now?

Not going to lie, but that mini update was extremely disappointing and offered little substance to feel excited about, pretty much everyone knows how to download a module they paid for, come on Wags, you can do a lot better than that.

The only thing of any value in that update was that there's keystrokes that can be bound for the "salute" ..

3/10 for effort.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Eh? Its cheaper now than it was in January!!?? Really? How does that work with the additional hornet discount? I have been disappointed by the cancellations but, not really over bothered. Happy that it would come at some point. But it's on sale now?

Oh wow.

<deleted angry rant>

The current price is 24.99 which is the same as I paid for the preorder discount including the additional hornet discount.

So at least for me it's not cheaper, but for those who bought it without the hornet, it would have been cheaper to not try and support ED by preordering.

It is good of them to offer discounts...but think about things like this first!

I wish ED great success, but every time their PR reminds me of the phrase "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory".

Oh wow.

<deleted angry rant>

The current price is 24.99 which is the same as I paid for the preorder discount including the additional hornet discount.

So at least for me it's not cheaper, but for those who bought it without the hornet, it would have been cheaper to not try and support ED by preordering.

I wish ED great success, but every time their PR reminds me of the phrase "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory".

Not even surprised anymore. I love DCS but, the latest VIPER purchase was the last for me with pre-order sales. Receive a small discount to pre-order or wait a few months and get a 50% discount. Not a big deal with some games but these new modules sell for 103.00 Canadian on Steam. So a 50 dollar discount is huge! I can't justify a bad purchase like that.

Not going to lie, but that mini update was extremely disappointing and offered little substance to feel excited about, pretty much everyone knows how to download a module they paid for, come on Wags, you can do a lot better than that.

The only thing of any value in that update was that there's keystrokes that can be bound for the "salute" ..

3/10 for effort.

Agreed, it was painful, by the feel of it even for Wags...

On the positive side though, I think there was a hidden message in the video, when the 'Shooter' spins his hands around in tight circles I think that was a signal that the Super Carrier release is in two weeks.

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

Yeah, exciting news from the department of meh....

Could almost hear Wags cringing about that video. Either that or there's a pistol to his temple...

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

Agreed, it was painful, by the feel of it even for Wags...

On the positive side though, I think there was a hidden message in the video, when the 'Shooter' spins his hands around in tight circles I think that was a signal that the Super Carrier release is in two weeks.

giphy.gif

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

3/10 for effort.

So all those new players see the SC for about 30 seconds before they blast off into the ocean! Seems a waste if you hot start from the cat.....

Oh wow.

<deleted angry rant>

Yeah same for me, I'm assuming/hoping the hornet discount isn't being applied now. I.e cheaper still.....

So all those new players see the SC for about 30 seconds before they blast off into the ocean! Seems a waste if you hot start from the cat.....

I thought this too. Going to make cold and dark missions for myself where I get to watch 2-3 flights blast off while I start up. Its going to be awesome :)

• ED Team

Hi

The purpose of the video was to show new users how to install and access missions.

We will have more in depth videos soon, Wags is preparing them currently.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I paid 24.99 on the first day of EA and got the SU-33 as a bonus. Do I feel ripped off? NO! Sales are sales take what you get and be glad you saved some money. Don;t be upset because someone saved more than you, that is how sales work.

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

I paid 24.99 on the first day of EA and got the SU-33 as a bonus. Do I feel ripped off? NO! Sales are sales take what you get and be glad you saved some money. Don;t be upset because someone saved more than you, that is how sales work.

No

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

That is NOT how sales work before an item is even released! Roll the dice, might be even cheaper tomorrow. Nonsense.

Stop whining endlessly please

Unfortunately, that's the morale around here lately. It sucks for people that are actually looking for some info. Do like me and make yourself scarce, because that's the only way to avoid it. Someone is always complaining/whining about something, derailing threads off-topic. Currently it's over $24.:megalol:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Hi

The purpose of the video was to show new users how to install and access missions.

We will have more in depth videos soon, Wags is preparing them currently.

thanks

Thanks! We are eagerly waiting.

"In preparation for the release of Super Carrier later this month" - WAGS

That was my favorite part of the vid :thumbup:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

Unfortunately, that's the morale around here lately. It sucks for people that are actually looking for some info. Do like me and make yourself scarce, because that's the only way to avoid it. Someone is always complaining/whining about something, derailing threads off-topic. Currently it's over $24.:megalol:

So true. An unfortunate result of ED refusing to post stickies with the most pertinent information.

• ED Team
That is NOT how sales work before an item is even released! Roll the dice, might be even cheaper tomorrow. Nonsense.

This was not a planned sale, this was done as a little bit of a bright point in rather dark times for many people. No ill will was meant, nor was the price lower than anyone with the Hornet got it for before. We are sorry this has upset you, but it was not meant as a slight to anyone. Thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The buy-in from free trial to paid product has been very good indeed, but as you said, believe what you will. That said... let's keep the discussion on the Supercarrier. Thanks.

roger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This was not a planned sale, this was done as a little bit of a bright point in rather dark times for many people. No ill will was meant, nor was the price lower than anyone with the Hornet got it for before. We are sorry this has upset you, but it was not meant as a slight to anyone. Thanks.

So given it was an honest mistake and no ill was meant, those that paid more for the same pre-purchase of the product for absolutely no reason before it has been released will be getting an appropriate store credit.

Thanks! That is really big of you ED, I am sure your loyal customers who pre-purchase products to show their support will appreciate the kind gesture in these dark difficult times. :thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]