DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Tried to re-use a Stennis mission with a fair amount of static objects but when I substitute in a Super Carrier they all get stuck in the center and I can't move them out. I can make new Static Objects and assign them and move them wherever but not the current ones.

Also appear to have the same issue with the active planes I had assigned to either ramp or cat starts with the ramp planes starting on cat 1 for some reason...

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Possible SC issue in the Mission Editor...

Tried to re-use a Stennis mission with a fair amount of static objects but when I substitute in a Super Carrier they all get stuck in the center and I can't move them out. I can make new Static Objects and assign them and move them wherever but not the current ones.

Also appear to have the same issue with the active planes I had assigned to either ramp or cat starts with the ramp planes starting on cat 1 for some reason...

I have seen a similar thing, I set up a new SC mission and when adding statics on the deck I noticed that the offset fixation checkbox is now gone. This seemed ok at first as all new statics where being added fine and linking them to the unit seemed to keep them all in place. However any static that I tried to place using the C&P keyboard commands (Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V) placed them in the centre only without any way to change this. I had to add all my statics as new objects which means changing liveries and linking units to every single one. Not the worst problem ever, but slightly annoying. Maybe I am doing something wrong??

Not actually flown any mission with it yet but looking great and well done to ED for this module. Its superb!!!:thumbup:

Tried landing on the TR in an MP server. Couldn't get a single trap. I'm assuming you can't land on the super carrier if you didn't purchase it.

Correct you can't trap a wire if you didn't buy it

Fantastic module. My old eyes would like the IFLOS on all the way down but i'm loving it.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

DCS SuperCarrier

My impressions after 5 hours of flight only in procedures on it yesterday.

Well my experience is that yes, SC brings a simulation of embedded operations like never before seen in any commercial flight simulator.

Graphically, it delivers models of carries and units to us that are extremely detailed and well modeled. The crew animations are sensational

The sound and another field that was sensational, occupying the position of LSO brings all the sounds that I see in videos for years, just fantastic the work of ED in this area.

Gameplay and systems, until I could test all the features were working, I could be directed by ATC to the right catapult, I was instructed correctly by the crew on the deck.

For landing the CASE I q I tested worked perfectly, in the LSO the tbm system was very well done and it is possible to perfectly follow the circuit for landing the aircraft.

And everything tends to get even better, ED promised more features for the carrier, such as a waiting room, possible use of elevators and other details, as well as a clickable LSO panel.

I believe that the module is worth every penny, and it will soon become mandatory due to the immersion it delivers.

Thanks ED

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

DCS SuperCarrier

My impressions after 5 hours of flight only in procedures on it yesterday.

Well my experience is that yes, SC brings a simulation of embedded operations like never before seen in any commercial flight simulator.

Graphically, it delivers models of carries and units to us that are extremely detailed and well modeled. The crew animations are sensational

The sound and another field that was sensational, occupying the position of LSO brings all the sounds that I see in videos for years, just fantastic the work of ED in this area.

Gameplay and systems, until I could test all the features were working, I could be directed by ATC to the right catapult, I was instructed correctly by the crew on the deck.

For landing the CASE I q I tested worked perfectly, in the LSO the tbm system was very well done and it is possible to perfectly follow the circuit for landing the aircraft.

And everything tends to get even better, ED promised more features for the carrier, such as a waiting room, possible use of elevators and other details, as well as a clickable LSO panel.

I believe that the module is worth every penny, and it will soon become mandatory due to the immersion it delivers.

Thanks ED

Thanks for sharing your impressions with us stable users :thumbup:

HELLO, I up day the game ,donw load the Super Carrier, I see then on editor, try to open the game, game crash, help please
What screen did you see when the game crashed - please could you attach the dcs log file to a post se we can have a look. The log file can be found in the logs folder inside your DCS saved games folder

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Interesting detail, review with Modelviewer, the LSO cabin has a "cockpit" as a heló or aircraft, present on Mods directory. That has the "screens" as a MFD and have animations on botons, rotaries and others, with connectors as a module cockpits. I think on "AirBoss" and "briefing room" has others cockpits. The start of "naval pilot-able" modules? I need to check the Supercarrier Luas.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

I was watching a replay to check LSO's view of my trapping attempts, but when i'm panning the view around with the mouse, radio menu actions from the mission track, stop and block camera panning, It won't respond to mouse movements.

Is it a bug? or does anyone know I to disable radio menu during replay?

Thank you.

I was watching a replay to check LSO's view of my trapping attempts, but when i'm panning the view around with the mouse, radio menu actions from the mission track, stop and block camera panning, It won't respond to mouse movements.

Is it a bug? or does anyone know I to disable radio menu during replay?

Thank you.

This is not a bug as far as I know. This was the same in the previous builds. If the comms menu is open, you can not use the mouse view or close the menu from the track as far as I know. It would be helpful since we are going to be using the comms menu a lot more now to interact with the carrier. This makes getting good replay shots difficult. If there is a way around this I would like to know as well.

F/A-18C | F-16C | JF-17 | F-14 | FC3 | AV-8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | M-2000C | Mig 15bis | C-101 | F-86 | A-10C | P-51D | Fw 190 A-8 | Christen Eagle II | Bf 109 K-4 |

Ryzen 5 2600 | MSI RTX 2070 Super | ASROCK B450m Pro | 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws 3200 DDR4 | 500GB WD Blue Internal SSD | 1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD | Logitech X56 HOTAS | PSEYE Track IR | Delan Clip | :joystick:

the game run fine but I try on editor to put the Super Carrier, the game crash, another mission try to open the game run fine, window 7, cpu 4 nucleos, 16gb Ram, 2gb video

Did you try placing it on a new empty mission? The log file seems to have the crash right after errors related to the Tarawa.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Question: does the SC module currently add the Su-33 to my account if i buy now, or was that a one time deal very early during the pre-purchase phase?

It´s included for free into the Super Carrier module, so you can try the reworked Adm Kutznesov :thumbup:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Thanks ED, excellent!

Win10, I7-7700K, 32GB, RTX-3080Ti, 3xSSD (System, DCS and one more), VKB Gunfighter MCG Pro, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar, Saitek X-55, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, MSFF2, G-940, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH MFP, TrackIR-5 + TrackClip Pro, DELL 21:9 Monitor

This is not a bug as far as I know. This was the same in the previous builds. If the comms menu is open, you can not use the mouse view or close the menu from the track as far as I know. It would be helpful since we are going to be using the comms menu a lot more now to interact with the carrier. This makes getting good replay shots difficult. If there is a way around this I would like to know as well.

Just got a reply from BIGNEWY, on another thread, and he said mouse is for radio menu interaction, witch during flight control it's perfectly acceptable, but on a replay ? it doesn't make any sense...

I hope some script wizard can make the radio interaction automatically disabled, on replays

Originally Posted by apolloace

I wasn't talking about an external mod, but something by ED themselves as part of the Super-Carrier module.

I am not interested in external mods, because they tend to break, as this simulator is constantly updated.

Originally Posted by William Blake

If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.

:clown_2:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=274099

Check the thread. How's that BONZO??

mods.thumb.jpg.75414c9a7a08556e815c303b9c0294c4.jpg

Edited by apolloace

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

I share them with hardlinks in Windows. They're not even in my saved games folders, on a different drive actually.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Max

Could you explain how to do that? I haven't had much luck. Sometimes the mouse doesn't work, then another try and the keyboard doesn't. Have yet to have the rudder pedals work

Sorry, for what has probably been asked before here, but..

Will we eventually be able to select certain specific parking spots, when selecting ramp start in the ME? (just like we can on airfields)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

How? I was using it last night, seemed to be working OK.

Select gun and it goes to "5B", select Amraam and it changes to the Amraam radar mode, but remains in 5B.

Cycling the Bar setting increases it +2. Got it up to 103 before I got bored.

Also the scan width gets screwy, 1122 degrees wide at one point I think.

If you select Sparrow it sometimes resets to 4B, which then is retained if you select Amraam.

Edit. Reverted to 2.5.5 - normal behaviour. 4B is reset when selecting Amraam.

Edited by Wihglah

9900K / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 980ti FE.

Valve Index

ED Congrats on the SC Release. I think it is wonderful and adds to the immersion of flying Naval aircraft. Please keep up the honest communication and hard work. Your efforts are recognized.

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals