DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

So, the 75 was added with yesterday's patch. Any hints how it is different from 73 (besides the number)?

I am bad at playing spot 5 differences :dunno:

Look at the radar/antennas and their covers.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 1 month later...

It would be highly appreciated if ED could give us a status update on the Super Carrier and what is still planned to be delivered this year. Mostly the various adressed bugs and feature wishes (like removing the IFLOLS overlay, incresing the physical IFLOLS visibility, longer and more visible ship wake and ACLS, to name a few). Thanks.

• Like 1

The LSO/ATC logic needs work also. I would like to do a Touch and go and just re-enter the pattern without going back to Marshall.

It would also be nice if ARM/De-ARM was implemented!

Agree. Would like both shore and CV possibility to call touch and go or full stop.

• Like 1

System slow down

Ever since updating with stable 2.5.6 and getting SC, my system is crazy slow to load and now crashes about every second or third mission I try. Anyone else experiencing this change in performance after updating to stable 2.5.6?

Same. No crashes but crazy slow to start and slow loading missions

As I get it right the Stennis is alo coming as Super Carrier Module, right?

Does anybody now when this is planned?

And does anybody know what happens to the actual old Stennis, with the uncorrect size?

Any chance, it is removed with one of the next patches?

I know, now youre gonna say, what about the players, which didn't buy the SC. Its not fair to remove the Stennis for them, due to the fact they have none then.

Youre right.

But please dont forget we still have one free-to-play-carrier: the Carl Vinson.

I know, now youre gonna say, but its out of support and graphics looks like Nintendo 64 graphics.

Youre right.

But please think about this: Its an better option to upgrade the actual free-to-play Cars Vinson with Super Carrier-like graphic, but without the SC features like deck crew, LSO and so on. Just a blanc, good looking Carl Vinson.

We then get rid of something unaccurate like the Mini-Stennis and we have 6 Carriers (70 to 75) instead of just 5 (71 to 75) with 74 doubled.

Please ED, go ahead with this suggestion. Remove the small unaccurate fake Stennis and update the actual Car Vinsion with besster graphic for free-to-play-use.

Thanks

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

Then remove the stennis from the missions and replace it by a diffrent carrier.

Its not accurate size.

It feels not right.

Im not sure about you, but i love DCS for its high detail level and accurate standards.

I love this for getting close to a 1:1 simuation.

Having an unaccurate carrier didn't feel right, and is taking DCS a little step away from this hardcore accurate, love in every detail simulation.

Were gonna get a SC Stennis and to keep a free to play carrier, the Carl Vinson could have an graphic update. This will give us also the CVN 70 number for out sandbox.

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

For those suggesting assignable parking spots on the deck of the SC, I see nothing but problems. In larger organized groups, that severely limits how many jets you can place on the carrier. Similar to a small airfield where there might only be 4 parking spots, you cannot place additional aircraft on top of those parking spots, just the 4 specific aircraft the mission maker designated. We fly in a wing of 40+ pilots. That requires some coordination on spawning to make sure we have some sort of order on the SC but we can continually spawn each individual pilots jet without hitting a hard limit based on assigned parking spots.

Well ideally there would be more "spots" in the hangar and as soon as the earlier spots were taken and launched, they would be carted to the elevator and then staged.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Well ideally there would be more "spots" in the hangar and as soon as the earlier spots were taken and launched, they would be carted to the elevator and then staged.

IRL, "down" (maintenance needy) aircraft are only kept in the hangar bay. All of your "up" jets are already on the flight deck. Most of the swapping of jets happens at night, after flight quarters are secured. The flights are laid out in events. The first event goes and comes back as the third event is launching. The aircraft are re-armed and refueled and another crew takes it up for another event. There is some overlap and it is very complex. That's why the thought of working elevators makes no sense. It would be a waste of resources and simply just corny.

• Like 1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

• ED Team
Is ED even reading this thread? Can we please get an update on the state of the SC development?

The team is hard at work on new features, as soon as we have some news we will share it.

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The team is hard at work on new features, as soon as we have some news we will share it.

thanks

Cool. But what about the IFLOLS overlay toggle option and visibility issues during day and night ops, ship's wake and ACLS? I see those as fundamentally critical issues that need to be addressed before any fancy new stuff comes in.

• Like 3

Do AI aircraft slot in at assigned times for a CASE 3 recovery? I just finished mission 10 in Raven One. Kissed off my wingmen about 60nm from the ship for a night Case 3 recovery. Commenced my decent within about 3 seconds of the allocated time. Landed and 4 seconds later an AI traps and goes right into the back of me...

IRL, "down" (maintenance needy) aircraft are only kept in the hangar bay. All of your "up" jets are already on the flight deck. Most of the swapping of jets happens at night, after flight quarters are secured. The flights are laid out in events. The first event goes and comes back as the third event is launching. The aircraft are re-armed and refueled and another crew takes it up for another event. There is some overlap and it is very complex. That's why the thought of working elevators makes no sense. It would be a waste of resources and simply just corny.

I'm all for historical and accuracy in the layouts, especially for specific missions and campaigns and easy to to control in single player. Ultimately though in multiplayer, it is a game as much a simulation.

People are not going to sit at their computer for Alert 5 and Alert 15, and most won't be on standby during missions. Thank God, but we don't actually have to do do all the paperwork, or administrative sides of the squadron, either and there effectively is no maintenance (though a nice touch, don't suspect many would deplane and watch their ground crew take the bird below for repairs). Rightly or wrongly, they invested some effort in the hangar bay which would otherwise never be seen, and it does make sense as an 'overflow' area especially for crowded MP servers. Few if any servers go 24 hours either usually rebooting every 8 to 12 hours, and while an epic campaign simulating that would be nice, we'll probably never see actual layout changes, either, so barring something like Red Kite's system built in for flavor on an individual mission are probably never going to see that.

I definitely would hope we can get some tractors and ground crew animations, let the AI handle if a player selects the option to deplane, have the animated pilot come down the ladder and then let him walk around as after an ejection. Or for those not interested, just select the ready room option from the menu and poof. De-arm area with the ordinance guys and some generic weapons animations, grapes hooking up hoses when we select to refuel. All should be doable.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I'm all for historical and accuracy in the layouts, especially for specific missions and campaigns and easy to to control in single player. Ultimately though in multiplayer, it is a game as much a simulation.

People are not going to sit at their computer for Alert 5 and Alert 15, and most won't be on standby during missions. Thank God, but we don't actually have to do do all the paperwork, or administrative sides of the squadron, either and there effectively is no maintenance (though a nice touch, don't suspect many would deplane and watch their ground crew take the bird below for repairs). Rightly or wrongly, they invested some effort in the hangar bay which would otherwise never be seen, and it does make sense as an 'overflow' area especially for crowded MP servers. Few if any servers go 24 hours either usually rebooting every 8 to 12 hours, and while an epic campaign simulating that would be nice, we'll probably never see actual layout changes, either, so barring something like Red Kite's system built in for flavor on an individual mission are probably never going to see that.

I definitely would hope we can get some tractors and ground crew animations, let the AI handle if a player selects the option to deplane, have the animated pilot come down the ladder and then let him walk around as after an ejection. Or for those not interested, just select the ready room option from the menu and poof. De-arm area with the ordinance guys and some generic weapons animations, grapes hooking up hoses when we select to refuel. All should be doable.

I concur!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

On 11/23/2020 at 8:57 AM, Skysurfer said:

Cool. But what about the IFLOLS overlay toggle option and visibility issues during day and night ops, ship's wake and ACLS? I see those as fundamentally critical issues that need to be addressed before any fancy new stuff comes in.

I have to agree and night ops with the deck lights from more than .5 miles is non-existent still but so are the collision lights on tankers at the same distance. Lights dont pop up until .5 miles.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

What comms are available from the CV? (no easy comm)

request start up?

request taxi?

request TO ?

when in case I and "call see me" at 10nm, and instructed to contact tower, do I remain on same freq, or is there another?( same with contacting LSO)

For now you don`t change frequency from inbound call to LSO (landing).

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet