DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Hello everyone!

Any news from ED about something related from Super Carrier?? Last time I read something was that they were working hard, but no more update or info.
Hope we can get any news or status. The hornet moved fast from the begin of the year...the Super Carrier seems to be on hold even from the news.

Best regards

• Like 1

Tbh, I'd just be happy to get wands for night time ops (hand signals are impossible to see) and fixed MP comms... I can wait for the rest. An update, any update, would be nice.

• Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 4:57 PM, Skysurfer said:

Cool. But what about the IFLOLS overlay toggle option and visibility issues during day and night ops, ship's wake and ACLS? I see those as fundamentally critical issues that need to be addressed before any fancy new stuff comes in.

End of the year and still nothing? Not even a development state update? Nice one.

• Like 3

Would be nice if they added wands to the ground crew for night operations. 😄

• Like 3

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

We are starting to get stuck with too many incomplete modules and it is beginning to be the standard in DCS. New modules come in and the ones that are incomplete remain that way.

I understand how the profits work, but this path they are choosing will make DCS very difficult to enjoy in a couple of years.

I hope 2021 they can sort all these things out and make our deepest simmers dreams come true.

• Like 4

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

In the new 2021 beyond trailer there were a few shots of the carrier interior.  Looks pretty amazing.  I am sure there will be an update soon enough.  Looks like they have been really hard at work on a lot of stuff after seeing that trailer.  I have nothing to complain about.  Looks like amazing stuff is coming, we just need patience, as much as we want it now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, robert.clark251 said:

In the new 2021 beyond trailer there were a few shots of the carrier interior.  Looks pretty amazing.  I am sure there will be an update soon enough.  Looks like they have been really hard at work on a lot of stuff after seeing that trailer.  I have nothing to complain about.  Looks like amazing stuff is coming, we just need patience, as much as we want it now.

Sure, but how many people actually want that? This doesn't add anything to core functionality. Most people want a proper working and visible IFLOLS, longer more visible wake as well as working ACLS, just to name a few thing.

7 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

Sure, but how many people actually want that? This doesn't add anything to core functionality. Most people want a proper working and visible IFLOLS, longer more visible wake as well as working ACLS, just to name a few thing.

I think we all have a lot of "wants" but what I was getting at is it appears ED is working in that direction.  One could also argue, what does a longer wake add to the core functionality of the super carrier besides another aesthetic.  Most would not debate IFLOLS needs some work for sure, but the trailer clearly shows the carrier is not being ignored.  ED has a clear track record of providing what the customer wants so I do not see these being ignored.  You could take 10 DCS pilots and ask them what they want on the super carrier and you would get 10 different answers, all explaining why theirs is the most important.  I think the primary focus to take away from that trailer is work is being done and it looks good.  I think its safe to say, at some point most if not all of what we want will work its way into the Super Carrier, you just have to exercise patience and enjoy what we have now.  If you can direct me to another sim that even comes close to beating what we have now with the Super Carrier, I am all ears.  Last I checked, nothing comes within 3/4 of a mile.  So call your ball and quit complaining.  

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

is there any way that the yellow shirt that taxis's one to the catapult can have white gloves if no flash lights are yet released?  I know it wounds silly but its a livery detail and would help tons at night carrier ops.  I find that gamma corrections are not the best, but work.  just a suggestion as all.

On 12/23/2020 at 1:55 PM, robert.clark251 said:

ANy interior of the carrier is time wasted! .....You can't fly inside a carrier. This is pure stupidity. We have so many more important needs. No one wants to add any more GB to the DCS World DL because of "interior of the carrier" as other such nonsense. Not to mention the extra RAM and FPS problems it would cause.

• Like 1

I mean things like the ready room and such aren't really worth the time. There is an excellent free mod by VNAO out their that delivers an awesome ready room free of charge. Id rather some more function aspects such as what Skysurfer listed off. Also parking assistance especially in MP is something I should really be implemented, have the yellow shirts guide you back to the spot of the carrier you started on, that way you're not sitting on someone else's slot.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dallenbach said:

Narrow-minded and selfishly thought, you forget the "Combined Arms" people who might be interested in the supercarrier.

I did not forget anything. I have no idea who you are talking about.  I don't know what "combined arms people " are. But if DCS is leaning towards making little people run around like Call of Duty and Battlefield now, then I'm out.  I need a real flight sim not some harebrained operation that tries to capitalize on all the fads and offer a slice of pie to whoever whines the loudest and which goes after all the fads. Almost everyone who started with DCS came to fly! ...Is this where flight sims go to die?

Edited by Cpt Cuckoo
  • Thanks 1

I did not forget anything. I have no idea who you are talking about.  I don't know what "combined arms people " are. But if DCS is leaning towards making little people run around like Call of Duty and Battlefield now, then I'm out.  I need a real flight sim not some harebrained operation that tries to capitalize on all the fads and offer a slice of pie to whoever whines the loudest and which goes after all the fads. Almost everyone who started with DCS came to fly! ...Is this where flight sims go to die?

DCS World has a Air / Land / Sea simulator from 2012...Carrier interior and associated funtionality was planned before release. Simon, Nick Grey and others has talk the environment "outside" aircrafts has required by military for training.

During the early access period, the following additional features will be added:

• Air Boss station.
  • Briefing room.
  • Occupy the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera, including VR support.
  • More LSO station interactions.
  • Combined Arms integration.
  • "Burble" effect.
  • Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages.
  • Functional barricade net.

•  

2021 roadmap:

DCS: Supercarrier

Most of our effort on the Supercarrier has been focused on creating the 3D environments for the Ready Room, Air Boss Station (PriFly), and the hangar deck. Other tasks for 2021 include plane directors to marshal aircraft to the catapults and off the landing area, the “burble”, deck crew light wands for night operations, unique radio channels for different controllers, and manual LSO control.

Longer more visible wake has not a supercarrier feature, has a "core" feature with affect to all DCS AI ships.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Cpt Cuckoo said:

My question is, what would make you think Eagle Dynamics would remotely let DCS turn into COD or Battlefield?  I hear this over and over again by people who cannot substantiate those claims.  Just because someone mentions ground crew, armored units, or infantry does not = the above two "Games."  ED is aiming for the most realistic representation of our armed forces in a simulator, including ground and sea assets.  This includes operations on deck and below deck of the carrier.  Being former Navy myself and still working for the DOD, I find it insulting you would even think the above two games could be classified as a realistic sim or representation of our armed forces.  They are at best a half ass recruiting tool for kids who know nothing about the military, firearms, or what actually happens in combat. 

I have and continue to work with former Airforce, Navy, Marine and even Army pilots who say DCS in VR is as close as they will ever be to sitting back in the cockpit again.  This includes RIO's from F-14's.  If ground units and "Little people", an insult to those who have served and are currently serving, offend you in DCS, then punch out and take your shit comments with you.  Those little people play a big role in real life and could have the same impact with gameplay in the near future.  No one said you had to buy it or take on the role of any ground asset if it were to come out.  And dont even come back with some half ass remark about taking away time from more important modules.  Not going to happen.  You being born in 76, I would expect a little more educated response.  Roping horses and shooting guns in Nevada has not really helped out though I see.  And for the record, "Combined Arms" is a module within DCS for those of us who respect the little people running around on the ground and fighting for this country.         

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Grater Tovakia said:

I mean things like the ready room and such aren't really worth the time. There is an excellent free mod by VNAO out their that delivers an awesome ready room free of charge. Id rather some more function aspects such as what Skysurfer listed off. Also parking assistance especially in MP is something I should really be implemented, have the yellow shirts guide you back to the spot of the carrier you started on, that way you're not sitting on someone else's slot.  

That is not only a funny module, will can open to other 3rd parties build your propper ships "pilotable" sitesand "clickable" cockpits, not only on a carrier, meanwhile Briefing room was planned from initial concept.

Yellow shirts to guide to spot after landing or catapult when start or rearm refuel, coming later.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

On 1/18/2021 at 6:31 AM, Silver_Dragon said:

That is not only a funny module, will can open to other 3rd parties build your propper ships "pilotable" sitesand "clickable" cockpits, not only on a carrier, meanwhile Briefing room was planned from initial concept.

Yellow shirts to guide to spot after landing or catapult when start or rearm refuel, coming later.

I'm gonna try and interpret the broken english here as meaning you decided to take my comment on priorities and get hurt by it. Why when there are free alternatives would ED focus on those aspects? esp when there is little to no extra functionality one can add than being in a ready room maybe with some ambience its not worth their time. Give us true functionality and then they can do the ready room.

• Like 1

• ED Team
28 minutes ago, Grater Tovakia said:

I'm gonna try and interpret the broken english here as meaning you decided to take my comment on priorities and get hurt by it. Why when there are free alternatives would ED focus on those aspects? esp when there is little to no extra functionality one can add than being in a ready room maybe with some ambience its not worth their time. Give us true functionality and then they can do the ready room.

The work we are doing with the ready room is bringing new features to DCS, we feel it will bring a lot of immersion to the carrier and is worth the effort.  

but thank you for the feedback. 

• Like 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

10 hours ago, robert.clark251 said:

I love it when BIGNEWY comes in with CAS an strafes these silly ass comments! 

Only silly ass comment here is yours. Instead of bringing new features, it would be in my humble opinion better if they fixed IFLOLS H/E for F-14s, non functioning ACLS, LSO slow calls for F-14 (that gets on my fkn nerves), ball overlay show/hide options, made ATC actually realistic, added taxi dirrectors, wands for night ops, longer wake behind ships. That would bring lot more immersion for me than stupid ready room/hangar deck update. Their priorities of whats important have been, again in my humble opinion totally off for long while now.   

Edited by Golo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

Our priorities may seem strange to some, but the team have their reasons. In time it will all come together nicely, we just need to be patient as with all early access modules.

lets keep the comments friendly. 

thank you 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

My only real concern is the performance impact that additional detailed areas will have. The SC is already heavy on performance as it is, I just hope that, if hangars etc come, optimization will be at the center of their implementation. I get that there are people who want to go below deck with their aircraft for some reason, but maybe some high-detail areas and/or scripts would only load and run if you a trigger something, like go on the elevator and start it or if you spawn below deck (if that'd be possible at all). That way, performance impact for flight deck ops will be minimized, while enabling a detailed below-deck environment. Same goes for the ready room, airboss station etc.

• Like 3

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

On 1/19/2021 at 3:31 PM, BIGNEWY said:

The work we are doing with the ready room is bringing new features to DCS, we feel it will bring a lot of immersion to the carrier and is worth the effort.  

but thank you for the feedback. 

You mean you don't listen to community feedback and stick to your internal "roadmap"? Got you. 😉 

• Like 5