DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

4 hours ago, Nealius said:

Why does everyon assume a complete 180 degrees, 100% in the opposite extreme? No one said anything about wanting stuff for free. We're talking about reasonable things here. In other words, moderation. In the middle. Not polar opposites like "charity." Likewise, "business" means product sustainment, not cash-grabbing. 

you can't help but feel like there is some money grab going on... Your words not mine. As for the cash grabbing by DCS,  I'm very sorry but I do not get that impression with them. If you want to see what real money grabbing looks like, check War Thunder forums.

Edited by Baltic Pirate

7 hours ago, Baltic Pirate said:

you can't help but feel like there is some money grab going on... Your words not mine.

Do you even pay attention to who you're replying to? I never said that. That was a different user.

It's hard having rational debates on this topic because it's littered with straw men fallacies and ad hominems typically claiming that expecting product sustainment is "entitlement" when it's a basic duty of the business to maintain paid products. Especially when precedent for abandoment has been set with the Yak-52, which is reaching Hawk level abondonware. Yet the Hawk was the only module pulled from the store.   

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Uxi said:

Definitely get that dates can't be promised but why not in the Friday update show that ready room pic   disclaimer that it's a work in progress and currently targetted at say Winter 2021, Spring 2022, or Heaven forbid Summer 2022? Then the next month or two show the hangar picture, etc.  Nothing would have changed but we'd have seen something at least. 

They do exactly that.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/203452-dcs-carrier-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=4769692

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

5 hours ago, Nealius said:

Do you even pay attention to who you're replying to? I never said that. That was a different user.

It's hard having rational debates on this topic because it's littered with straw men fallacies and ad hominems typically claiming that expecting product sustainment is "entitlement" when it's a basic duty of the business to maintain paid products. Especially when precedent for abandoment has been set with the Yak-52, which is reaching Hawk level abondonware. Yet the Hawk was the only module pulled from the store.   

Frankly I didn't see that. However your attitude being what it is, you have the honor to be the first snowflake I block on DCS. Ta Ta now.

Frankly I didn't see that. However your attitude being what it is, you have the honor to be the first snowflake I block on DCS. Ta Ta now.
In all fairness Nealius didn't say that in the first place which you accused him of, no wonder why he reacted that way. And now you just proved his other points.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Jesus Christ there a bunch of school girls on this thread complaining.  So far we have had the new cloud system pushed out this year, the Hind, the Mossie, a slew of updates to the F-18 and F-16, along with the progress and updates on the Apache.  To insinuate these gents are not getting updates out to your speed or time frame is an insult to the hard work they do on a daily basis for us.  Everyone wants everything now, get that, but its not like they have not been transparent with the community.  Photos and info have been provided in videos and updates.  The one thing a handful of you on here need to practice is patience.  This boils down to things are not going your way so lets get on the forum and kick the hornets nest.  Go enjoy what is already out and the rest will be here soon.  It not like the SC is not functional and fun to use in its current state.

Edited by Devil 505
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nealius said:

About "abandonwares"

Jesus Christ there a bunch of school girls on this thread complaining.  So far we have had the new cloud system pushed out this year, the Hind, the Mossie, a slew of updates to the F-18 and F-16, along with the progress and updates on the Apache.  To insinuate these gents are not getting updates out to your speed or time frame is an insult to the hard work they do on a daily basis for us.  Everyone wants everything now, get that, but its not like they have not been transparent with the community.  Photos and info have been provided in videos and updates.  The one thing a handful of you on here need to practice is patience.  This boils down to things are not going your way so lets get on the forum and kick the hornets nest.  Go enjoy what is already out and the rest will be here soon.  It not like the SC is not functional and fun to use in its current state.

Absolutely this
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

Maybe they shoudn`t get involved in so many projects to still have the 90% of their products in early access, some after more than 3 years... it´s like they are gonna be like that forever.

3 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

....and the rest will be here soon.  

That´s the problem, that they wont be here soon.... They will come eventually, of course, but not soon.

And nobody is saying they don´t work hard, that´s directly an invention of yours, we are criticising the lack of updates in the SC module after almost two years.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

And nobody is saying they don´t work hard, that´s directly an invention of yours, we are criticising the lack of updates in the SC module after almost two years.

So much this. There are words being put in our mouths that were never even remotely said or implied. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

Jesus Christ there a bunch of school girls on this thread complaining.  So far we have had the new cloud system pushed out this year, the Hind, the Mossie, a slew of updates to the F-18 and F-16, along with the progress and updates on the Apache.

Notice how none of these are the Supercarrier, so not sure what the relevance here is?

And no, good progress and hard work on modules that aren't the supercarrier, don't suddenly mean that complaints about progress on the supercarrier get negated or aren't warranted.

ED and the developers absolutely deserve tonnes of praise for the hard work they put in, and they deserve criticism and complaint when things don't turn out so well. One thing doesn't negate the other.

To insinuate these gents are not getting updates out to your speed or time frame is an insult to the hard work they do on a daily basis for us.

Nobody is implying devs don't work hard...

People are sharing their frustrations about this module and it's progress, something they have every right to do. The same goes for you, for whatever you find to be a frustration.

Everyone wants everything now, get that, but its not like they have not been transparent with the community.  Photos and info have been provided in videos and updates.  The one thing a handful of you on here need to practice is patience. 

I don't know about you, but I doubt people waiting 16 months so far for some of these features (even basic ones like light wands, corrected callsigns, as well as the tower, LSO and marshall being on different frequencies etc) have a problem with being patient...

So far, in that time, we've had some optimisations (essentially an adjusted LOD) for the personell, and the IFLOLS indicator can now be turned off.

We've had some WIP shots and 3D models (which are fantastic) of the hangar and briefing room, but these are arguably secondary features.

This boils down to things are not going your way so lets get on the forum and kick the hornets nest.

I'm sure when something doesn't go your way, or you find something that rubs you the wrong way, you'll do exactly the same thing...

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 7

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I totally agree, 16 months without any siginificant additions ( other than some animation and rigging tweaks for characters and CVN75 model variation) is a bit too much. Maybe some easy wins like night wands or something similar would have made the wait easier... I can't think of any other module that after release didn't receive any new content in 16 months...

Edited by Jafergon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

SC was released May last year, wasn't it? It was "long" after Covid was a thing anyway, so stop spreading lies about "almost two years". None of you have been in lock down for two years. emoji2361.png
Cheers!

It was released January 2020. That's 1.7 years from today.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

No it wasn't. It was a rhetorical question as I of course knew the answer. Where the hell were you during the grief of delays? emoji1.png

1af5843071924a16bfde988204e9a371.jpg

Yes, I was wrong, mixed it up with Pre-order. TBH it felt like more than two years it was released though 😉

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

8 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

I'm sure when something doesn't go your way, or you find something that rubs you the wrong way, you'll do exactly the same thing...

Nope, I am not a pussy. I enjoy what I have and wait for updates because me getting on here and getting frustrated with the Devs moves progress no faster than it is right now.  If they were running silent and not saying anything, I would simply ask for a status update. The problem is, when the Devs give people an answer, it never satisfies everyone's frustration which leads to a slew of more comments and opinions that rarely have any thought put into them.

I am not suggesting constructive criticism is not needed for the devs, or the customer should not speak up about issues with a module. What is not needed is smart ass remarks back to the devs when they actually take the time to get on this forum and converse with their customers.  You dont call someone a sh_t bag and then ask them to fix something for you.     

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Devil 505 said:

I am not suggesting constructive criticism is not needed for the devs, or the customer should not speak up about issues with a module.

Well, seeing as that's exactly what's going on here, what's your problem?

37 minutes ago, Devil 505 said:

What is not needed is smart ass remarks back to the devs when they actually take the time to get on this forum and converse with their customers.  You dont call someone a sh_t bag and then ask them to fix something for you.     

Well, again, seeing as that's not going on here, I once again fail to see what your problem is.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 9/25/2021 at 6:08 AM, Weasel said:

Absolutely this emoji1303.pngemoji1303.png

This is a wrong take.  Most software companies release one early access product at a time.  Here we have multiple early access products with new ones being released constantly.  While others that have been released and payed for receive no updates over many, many months.  It's not complaining, it's simply looks bad and I don't know if I feel great about it.  I get that it takes time, but you're releasing products and people should expect updates and supports and not years later especially if considered early access.  

On 9/25/2021 at 4:16 AM, Devil 505 said:

I disagree, when you have new early access products planned and others still not finished it does seem like not the best business practice.  I support ED, but people have a right to complain if you purchased a product in early access and no updates have occurred since release in almost a year.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jwflowersii said:

This is a wrong take.  Most software companies release one early access product at a time.  Here we have multiple early access products with new ones being released constantly.  While others that have been released and payed for receive no updates over many, many months.  It's not complaining, it's simply looks bad and I don't know if I feel great about it.  I get that it takes time, but you're releasing products and people should expect updates and supports and not years later especially if considered early access.  

I disagree, when you have new early access products planned and others still not finished it does seem like not the best business practice.  I support ED, but people have a right to complain if you purchased a product in early access and no updates have occurred since release in almost a year.  

Just wanted to make sure you actually read my follow on post stating exactly this.  It would appear you did not continue to read after the fact. 

On 9/26/2021 at 12:52 PM, Devil 505 said:

I am not suggesting constructive criticism is not needed for the devs, or the customer should not speak up about issues with a module. What is not needed is smart ass remarks back to the devs when they actually take the time to get on this forum and converse with their customers.  You dont call someone a sh_t bag and then ask them to fix something for you. 

2 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

Just wanted to make sure you actually read my follow on post stating exactly this.  It would appear you did not continue to read after the fact. 

Yes and your post was overblown, inaccurate and no one even remotely said or acted in a manner which you described. Also, last time I checked the actual developers are in fact not reading the forums, let alone the english section. All people were asking for was a Wags style "mini-update" on what is currently being worked on and when the laundry list of advertised features can be expected to be fulfilled. Only getting the same answer for over a year of "the team is working on it" or "ready room and hangar are being worked on" - while people in here were asking for compelely different features which are much more relevant to flight ops and base functionality. Imagine you send in your car to the shop to be tuned and fitted with a new sound system, you then call them up to ask how said things are going and they start talking about LED lights and new tires. Clearly we aren't on the same page here.  I personally bought the Super Carrier module after seeing the relatively short "during EA" laundry list of features and thinking "surely this EA period will be short as there isn't a whole lot left to finish after initial release". Clearly I was wrong. 

Edited by Airhunter
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
36 minutes ago, Airhunter said:

Imagine you send in your car to the shop

Soon as Airhunter starts sending cars to the shop, I know the thread is done. 

I will ask for an update, but as I have said, there is lots of boring coding going on right now, so most of what we could 'show' would be redundant at this point.

Thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• NineLine locked and unpinned this topic