DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Did they release today's newsletter? If so can someone provide a link. I don't see it under news.

F/A-18C | F-16C | JF-17 | F-14 | FC3 | AV-8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | M-2000C | Mig 15bis | C-101 | F-86 | A-10C | P-51D | Fw 190 A-8 | Christen Eagle II | Bf 109 K-4 |

Ryzen 5 2600 | MSI RTX 2070 Super | ASROCK B450m Pro | 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws 3200 DDR4 | 500GB WD Blue Internal SSD | 1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD | Logitech X56 HOTAS | PSEYE Track IR | Delan Clip | :joystick:

Newsletter doesn't say it's delayed, but also doesn't confirm it will release on the 15th...

As we have no other official information about a further delay and there are just five days left till the planned release, I am optimistic we get the supercarrier next Wednesday :thumbup:

• ED Team
Or not :)

There was news in the newsletter ;)

and more info will be coming as we get closer to the 15th.

Keep an eye on the FAQ.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There was news in the newsletter ;)

and more info will be coming as we get closer to the 15th.

Keep an eye on the FAQ.

Thanks

I don't see the newsletter!

F/A-18C | F-16C | JF-17 | F-14 | FC3 | AV-8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | M-2000C | Mig 15bis | C-101 | F-86 | A-10C | P-51D | Fw 190 A-8 | Christen Eagle II | Bf 109 K-4 |

Ryzen 5 2600 | MSI RTX 2070 Super | ASROCK B450m Pro | 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws 3200 DDR4 | 500GB WD Blue Internal SSD | 1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD | Logitech X56 HOTAS | PSEYE Track IR | Delan Clip | :joystick:

• ED Team

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As we have no other official information about a further delay and there are just five days left till the planned release, I am optimistic we get the supercarrier next Wednesday :thumbup:

If we don't I'm going to crash into the fantail of the Stennis to show my displeasure.

If we do I'll crash into the faintail of the SC to show my lack of landing skills. I mean, the jet needs work, so I was just going to land in the hanger deck and save time shuffling it around. That's really what I'm doing.

• ED Team

Hi all

We are currently still planning for the 15th of April.

As we get closer the FAQ will be updated.

Thanks

They didn't confirm or deny about a delay but wouldn't they have confirmed it along with the sale extension announcement like they did with the initial delay? I am staying confident that it will be released on the 15th.

Edited by mmoccio

Hi all

We are currently still planning for the 15th of April.

As we get closer the FAQ will be updated.

Thanks

Thank you for that news. Good to know.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• ED Team
They didn't confirm or deny about a delay but wouldn't they have confirmed it along with the sale extension announcement like they did with the initial delay? I am staying confident that it will be released on the 15th.

I'm loving the positive vibes, always stay positive :)

...Keep an eye on the FAQ...

neh! I'm more interested in the Mini-Updates. ;)

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

If the F14 is not compatible for the output, would it be possible to have the F18 while waiting to be able to take advantage of the module?

INTEL Core i7-10700K 3.8Ghz - MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO 8G - CORSAIR VENGEANCE LED DDR4 - 3200 Mhz 4x8go - Be Quiet ! 850W - Hotas Warthog - Fox Spirit PGM 340 - Oculus rift S

I, like most, don't have a problem with a delay if it is to make sure they release the best product they can. However, I do mind all the jumping around. BN said a few days ago there would be more info in the newsletter, newsletter is pretty bare bones other then the crew night jerseys. Then you ask about it an they say look at the FAQ, it's get regular updates. Get you stuff together guys, stop making us jump through hopes to get some info. If you have info to share they freaking share it, if not say you don't at this time but stop playing a shell game.

I, like most, don't have a problem with a delay if it is to make sure they release the best product they can. However, I do mind all the jumping around. BN said a few days ago there would be more info in the newsletter, newsletter is pretty bare bones other then the crew night jerseys. Then you ask about it an they say look at the FAQ, it's get regular updates. Get you stuff together guys, stop making us jump through hopes to get some info. If you have info to share they freaking share it, if not say you don't at this time but stop playing a shell game.

x1000. Seriously. Comms on this have been worse than with the Viper. Seems like communication is going backwards once again. The module is supposedly less than a week out and there are still tons of questions unanswered questions by actual ED staff.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

But they DONT have infos to chair. Whats so hard to understand. They still focus on the 15. There is nothing to change or inform.

They want to release it on the 15. and they have some bugs in critical or blocker state which prefend a release until its fixxed. They dont know if they can fix it until 15. So they cant say something new about it. They target the 15th.

Oh and ED never said to me that there are bugs or something else. But im Developer too. Not in the gaming area but i know what it means to have a deadline and a board with high prio bugs.

But they DONT have infos to chair. Whats so hard to understand. They still focus on the 15. There is nothing to change or inform.

They want to release it on the 15. and they have some bugs in critical or blocker state which prefend a release until its fixxed. They dont know if they can fix it until 15. So they cant say something new about it. They target the 15th.

Oh and ED never said to me that there are bugs or something else. But im Developer too. Not in the gaming area but i know what it means to have a deadline and a board with high prio bugs.

Please understand the context of what was mentioned yesterday:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=237890&page=104

Then why hype up the newsletter the way BigNewy did?? There was no reason to do it. People were asking about the release date of the 15th when he stated "More info in this weeks newsletter". Then people ask and 9L says "It's in the newsletter......WINK WINK". People ask again and BN starts jaw flapping about the FAQ, which mind you has not been updated since yesterday. Again, I don't care if it gets pushed back, would rather have in the best state possible. DO NOT CARE!! Just stop with the shell game. Also, you being a dev for anything doesn't really matter to this conversation, I am talking about then spewing info about nothing. If they don't have anything to say, then fine. I'm cool with that, but hey maybe I should go see if it's on Reddit as more news gets posted there then here anyway.:thumbup:

x1000. Seriously. Comms on this have been worse than with the Viper. Seems like communication is going backwards once again. The module is supposedly less than a week out and there are still tons of questions unanswered questions by actual ED staff.

What insanely crucial part of information about the SC are you lacking exactly? ED have provided a ton of information about what the SC module will and will not be. Wags even posted a list of issues to be adressed prior to release, something I've never seen before in DCS.We also have the price, a release date, a manual, several videos and a lot of written infos here on the forums. I really can't see anything else you would need to know other than maybe how the performance will be compared to the current stennis.

IMO ED has done pretty well this time. Todays newsletter not matching your expectations is really no reason to throw out everything else they gave us so far and accuse them of bad comminication because thats simply not true.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD