DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

What insanely crucial part of information about the SC are you lacking exactly? ED have provided a ton of information about what the SC module will and will not be. Wags even posted a list of issues to be adressed prior to release, something I've never seen before in DCS.We also have the price, a release date, a manual, several videos and a lot of written infos here on the forums. I really can't see anything else you would need to know other than maybe how the performance will be compared to the current stennis.

IMO ED has done pretty well this time. Todays newsletter not matching your expectations is really no reason to throw out everything else they gave us so far and accuse them of bad comminication because thats simply not true.

False. They've been extremely mum on details on this module until folks ask them over and over again then they act like they are doing us a favor by being as vague as possible providing very little details. This "newsletter" today was more of the same.

Edited by DBFlyguy

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

They're not just sitting around clipping their nails and laughing at our posts without answering. The only logical reason any of the developers and staff aren't constantly talking about every detail of Supercarrier like I'm sure they'd love to is because they're furiously working on it and somehow trying to fit a regular life in with it too. The amount of hours and dedication they spend on these things is incredible (hence I'm always thinking they're bargain priced at almost any price), hours they can't spend rubbing the tummies of everyone on the web about release and features every second day. Prepay purchase and go make a leggo death star or something, it'll probably be released by the time you're done, think about something else. The guys are doing awesome things for us as it is.

Have I thanked ED/DCS teams for this module in development enough yet? Man, thank you guys. I'm looking forward to this as much as I did the Hornet, Tomcat and MiG21, I was really happy with that one. This is just so awesome. Arleigh Burke and new Kuznetsov included, I'm in it for that just as much as more Top Gun stuff, loving it!

Edited by vanir

Jeez guys, take it easy. Nineline and Bignewy are doing a good job managing this toxic community. Anything they said that might have caused this was with the best intention. I don't think they'll appreciate all of this bla bla.

Stay safe

Threre's no point to take day off, I have 2 kids and wife at home 24/7, impossible to fly until night :D

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Threre's no point to take day off, I have 2 kids and wife at home 24/7, impossible to fly until night :D

Simple

I just tell 'em I'm working. "Please don't disturb daddy today, he's working very hard" :lookaround:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team

If you think we have not been giving you enough information I don't think any thing we do will help.

We have been giving you info via newsletters, Videos, FAQ's, Mini updates, discord, steam, social media and hoggit.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267661

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267461

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151478&page=25

https://www.youtube.com/user/eagledynamicstv/videos

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics

https://discord.gg/eagledynamics

https://steamcommunity.com/app/223750/discussions/0/2146469089540331890/

If we have not answered a specific question there is probably a reason, we may not know for sure yet, or we are waiting for a feature to be completed before we discuss it or we want it to be a surprise.

Take a deep breath we don't have long to wait.

Please stop with the name calling there is no need for it.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY Oh, don't worry. Even too much information couldn't possibly satisfy us!

But I believe some of us feel we were a little mislead to believe that there would more info and spesifics in regards to your posts and hints to the newsletter from the day before. At least I had the impression.

And then it was Wag's saying sale would last until May 19th on YT, and even confirming it in the comments. I'm still confused by that.

But anyway, please don't take offence by this. It's not even criticism, rather an observation.

Take care!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• ED Team

We did have info in the newsletter about the super carrier, I would have liked to have seen more myself, but that is what we got.

We are getting closer to the 15th which is the planned release date, so not long to go.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
@BIGNEWY, no pleasing some people, have a great weekend and be safe...

Thanks,

testing super carrier at the moment with team members ;)

Thanks,

tease!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi all

We are currently still planning for the 15th of April.

As we get closer the FAQ will be updated.

Thanks

:thumbup:

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

@BIGNEWY Oh, don't worry. Even too much information couldn't possibly satisfy us!

But I believe some of us feel we were a little mislead to believe that there would more info and spesifics in regards to your posts and hints to the newsletter from the day before. At least I had the impression.

And then it was Wag's saying sale would last until May 19th on YT, and even confirming it in the comments. I'm still confused by that.

But anyway, please don't take offence by this. It's not even criticism, rather an observation.

Take care!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I hope we get the best product we can. I don't know why I should have been surprised by the way @BIGNEWY worded his posts. Information they have, they can only share every third word :D. When they have no info to share, it's a "Wait till the Newsletter". I don't get it though, they have been really great about giving information on the SC the last month or so. We are so close to the "stated" release date and nothing has changed, discount/pre-order is up, we have gotten 1 vid from Wags showing how taxi and launch works and not much else. That is very inconsistent with previous releases. Those were the questions I had, but I guess we will all know for sure come the 15th if they are actually going to release it.

Everyone is in quarantine, I think we all have the day off:P

Having to work at home while trying to look after the kids at the same time... quarantine certainly does not mean having the day off :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thanks,

I hope GA is tweaking that release video too. I can't wait to see that. I know it's going to be great.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Everyone is in quarantine, I think we all have the day off:P

Still working...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Thanks,

Don't forget the armor on the fantail. 16" class B should do the trick. And tell Nineline to STOP flying that P-47 we don't have yet off the carrier we don't have yet.

He's just being mean.

<edit>

Forgot the whole tongue in cheek emoticon set there since none of this was meant as anything but humor

:thumbup: :joystick::pilotfly:

</edit>

Edited by Raisuli

Thanks,

:thumbup:

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1