DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

1M 40 for me. (Or 55 inches since I live in a country that decided to stick to Roman era measurements back in the 70s because logical measurement systems are discriminatory. Thanks, Jimmy.)

There are two types of countries...

Countries that have landed on the moon...

Countries that use the Metric system...:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

You would have made it easier with metric:D

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

You guys are just working yourselves into a tulmulutuous uproar and setting the stage for a huge letdown when/if the SC doesn't descend from the heavens above on the 15th. SETTLE DOWN Beavis!! :megalol:

Oh heavens no. If the SC doesn't make a splash on the 15th I'll just keep running into the one I have. I've thought seriously about crashing into the Kuznetsov, but when I tried to get it to 27 knots something broke and it ended up dead in the water.

In other naval news I keep hitting a Krivak with four harpoons and not only doesn't it sink it doesn't even slow down. Four harpoons midships waterline (read engineering spaces) would not be good for the propulsion system on a mortal ship; if the Kuznetsov had that engineering department the carrier itself could fly.

Oh heavens no. If the SC doesn't make a splash on the 15th I'll just keep running into the one I have. I've thought seriously about crashing into the Kuznetsov, but when I tried to get it to 27 knots something broke and it ended up dead in the water.

In other naval news I keep hitting a Krivak with four harpoons and not only doesn't it sink it doesn't even slow down. Four harpoons midships waterline (read engineering spaces) would not be good for the propulsion system on a mortal ship; if the Kuznetsov had that engineering department the carrier itself could fly.

Did Harpoons actually connect?

Countries that use the Metric system...:music_whistling:

Star Trek, an American show made in the 1960s, was using metric. The US military has been on metric for decades.:P

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

There are two types of countries...

Barbarians...

Countries that use the Metric system...

Fixed it for ya. Youre welcome

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Did Harpoons actually connect?

All four. Pretty impressive splashes, too. Got it to 78% damage or something like that, flames, big hole in the side. Keeps right on going.

By the time I get back to the CV and land (have to dodge the sea sparrows; the CO doesn't like me much) the flames are out. Heck of a DC department.

All four. Pretty impressive splashes, too. Got it to 78% damage or something like that, flames, big hole in the side. Keeps right on going.

By the time I get back to the CV and land (have to dodge the sea sparrows; the CO doesn't like me much) the flames are out. Heck of a DC department.

Cool, I getting some anti ship ops going probably later. It's gonna be fun. Single player + AI :glare: Can't do MP till next month. Oh, don't remind me of your CO (from another thread:smilewink:)

Cool, I getting some anti ship ops going probably later. It's gonna be fun. Single player + AI :glare: Can't do MP till next month. Oh, don't remind me of your CO (from another thread:smilewink:)

My cat in an undisclosed location. He's not my CO; she got carried off in a straight jacket after trying to counsel me on my flying technique. That's the boat's CO.

I'm hoping the SC skippers are a little more mentally stable.

no need to do that all you need to do is to download the dcs updator ultility and all done in a click you can switch between stable and open better with a simple click

Yes, easier way. Also possible with the steam version, if you are using this.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Wouldn't taking a day of Thursday make more sense? They might release it late in the evening on Wednesday, and then you wasted that day for vacation.

LOL. I've always thought of this. No sense taking off the day of. Always the day after. But for this, I don't really see the need to take off. I cant wait for the release though.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Just so happens, tomorrow is my first shift days off. Talk about fortunate timing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I would say more so as it's giving me something to look forward to.

What point are trying to make, that I shouldn't be playing DCS because of Coronavirus?

Get over yourself.

Actually i thought getting the vaccine out for the virus is more important than a simple carrier release

• ED Team

Hi all,

We will be sharing news soon about the super carrier.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Uh oh....that sounds like a delay announcement coming :(

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8,