Need help setting up SRS for the F14B

OnlyforDCS

Like the title says. Managed to get everything right up to the point where I actually need to transmit.

When checking the comms tab in the control settings there are like 25 binds there. Which specific function do I need to bind to a key? Im looking for a push to talk for the AM radio.

Thank you.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Ok this is really confusing. Can someone please explain this to me like Im a five year old? :)

I need to bind two buttons to transmit?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• 11 months later...
I believe you need to bind 'Mic button ICS' & 'Mic Button UHF 1 & 2'

One radio is to transmit between the pilot and RIO through SRS and the other is to transmit across the usual Radio network.

Sorry for being dumb but do you bind them to the same button

If you use SRS go to the F-14 controls settings and bind this from radio category:

Mic Button ICS - SRS Only / No Menu

Mic Button UHF1 (ARC-159) - SRS Only / No Menu

Mic Button UHF2 (ARC-182) - SRS Only / No Menu

You have to bind them to three separate buttons, and it will only trigger your SRS, no radio menu will open (make sure you have those buttons set in SRS also).

But, you will need additional keys set for radio menu if you want to use that.

You can leave that setting in a special tab at default, works for me.

Edited by Golo