FLAT spins almost impossible now ?

FZG_Immel

Hi all.

Was the FM twicked in such manners that flat spins are now very difficult to achieve ? the only way for me to get into one, is to force myself into it with assymetric trust, and complete cross controls...

I remember when the F-14 came out it was much easier to fall into one.

did you dumb it down a little ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Maybe you fly it better now that you've spent time in it? I have to try my ass off to get a Huey to VRS after flying it for over 3 years, when I first started not so much lol......

not really the case when I try voluntarily to go into a flat spin and she doesn't go...

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

At medium altitude, start at 200 KIAS, pull the nose up 50 degrees, go to idle, and hold full lateral and aft stick. You can try opposite rudder if you like.

What happens?

Try it Roll SAS on and Roll SAS off. Report back.

Viewpoints are my own.

At medium altitude, start at 200 KIAS, pull the nose up 50 degrees, go to idle, and hold full lateral and aft stick. You can try opposite rudder if you like.

What happens?

ok, that did the trick but I really had to insist. I feel like it was much easier to get caught in one in the release version.

If Cobra says any changes they made are more realistic , fine with me !

ok, that did the trick but I really had to insist. I feel like it was much easier to get caught in one in the release version.

If Cobra says any changes they made are more realistic , fine with me !

There were no FM changes, it's all in your head. :)

That's what it took before to induce an intentional spin, and believe me, I've got more spin entries and recoveries than everyone here put together.

There are other, less repeatable ways to enter having to do with very dynamic control inputs at high transonic speeds, but they tend to OverG and cause other issues.

Edited by Victory205

Viewpoints are my own.

I've got more spin entries and recoveries than everyone here put together.

Ahaha! fortunately for us all you had an equal amount of both!

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Yeah...I quite successfully achieved a Flat Spin just this morning by pulling to much GEE while nose high and in a bank...

Gotta hand it to my RIO...He stuck with me till min safe altitude...before punching..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

What happens?

Haha, I did this and finally got the thing to flat spin on me.

Yank that stick back below 300 kts and she'll eventually depart... especially if you try to roll in the process. It's very easy to get into a flat spin, IMO.

nope its not. you really have to **** it up and then some more...

Got in one in an offline dogfight with a MiG-21 just last night. Speaking of which, is there a way for those of us with single throttle controllers to chop throttle on only one engine and not the other? (Short of killing the engine, of course. I want idle, not cutoff.)

nope its not. you really have to **** it up and then some more...

That's how the aircraft was with Roll SAS off, assuming that there was not asymmetric thrust. Wait for the A.

And the engines don't stall unless you do something stupid, meaning around here, guys will be stalling them all the time. ;)

Viewpoints are my own.

That's how the aircraft was with Roll SAS off, assuming that there was not asymmetric thrust. Wait for the A.

And the engines don't stall unless you do something stupid, meaning around here, guys will be stalling them all the time. ;)

I love when you talk dirty like that !

no homo :D

Not sure how the author of this got that info....I was flat spinning it just last night seeing if Hoser's recovery technique worked as well as it did for him.

Spoiler alert, I went 1 for 2, and the one I recovered I went from 23k to recovering UNDER some power lines lol......I'll keep at it.

Not sure how the author of this got that info....I was flat spinning it just last night seeing if Hoser's recovery technique worked as well as it did for him.

Spoiler alert, I went 1 for 2, and the one I recovered I went from 23k to recovering UNDER some power lines lol......I'll keep at it.

Recovery isn’t that hard for us sim pilots who aren’t getting 7G centrifugal force lol. Opposite rudder, full forward stick, IN SPIN aileron.

So for a left hand spin that’s FULL right rudder, full forward stick, FULL LEFT aileron... then wait. It will recover.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

How are you loaded?

I have no issue recovering. But I felt the release version was easier to get into one than now

For all the hooplah about the F-14's being prone to flat spins, I've only had ONE unintentional one, and only able to FORCE it twice. She's remarkably flat spin resistant for how big of a deal they made it out to be... maybe that's because the -B has better engines? I dunno...

For me, the biggest gripe I have with the F-14's handling isn't the departures, it's the complete lack of being able to do a hammerhead... she's REALLY content to just sit on those GE F-110's and burn gas... Makes some vertical fights hard to do when she doesn't want to nose left or right (hammerhead) or nose over or back at the top of a climb... I think I just need to practice more!

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --