FLAT spins almost impossible now ?

FZG_Immel

Not sure how the author of this got that info....I was flat spinning it just last night seeing if Hoser's recovery technique worked as well as it did for him...

Joe was never in a flat spin in his life. Where do you get this stuff?

AFAIK, everyone who ended up in an established flat spin either ejected or died.

Viewpoints are my own.

A misunderstanding of his own words, perhaps?

Owe, my neck. But interesting point, I might have to try sweeping the wings back and see what it does.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Owe, my neck.

It's not meant like that.

The Hoser spin thing has been out there for like a decade. I see JData, who if I recall, worked on sims (if not sims for Navair, no less) mentioning it. The technique was built into Aerosoft's F-14X, which went through multiple SME review. It's an anecdote that's out there, and like I say- may stem from a lot of people not fully understanding what was said.

By the same token, a lot of knowing people didn't reject the idea up till now. So it's an oddity.

Like I said- people misunderstood, and opportunities to rectify that weren't taken by other people in the know previously when they had them, for whatever reason. That it's being corrected now is good, especially in as public a fashion with the exposure HB's F-14 has gotten.

Unfortunately, its going to take as much time for the clarity to be acknowledged as it did for the original misreading to make it out there. So it's a thing that will likely be mentioned for a while to come.

FTR, I'm not disagreeing with you, or your instruction. You asked where it came from, the public not properly understanding those passages seem to be it.

Cobra and IronMike should put all of your handling notes in the HB manual in its next version so it gets even wider distribution. That'll help move the correct gouge forward, since a lot of people involved in DCS don't browse here.

FTR, I'm not disagreeing with you, or your instruction. You asked where it came from, the public not properly understanding those passages seem to be it.

Cobra and IronMike should put all of your handling notes in the HB manual in its next version so it gets even wider distribution. That'll help move the correct gouge forward, since a lot of people involved in DCS don't browse here.

They were talking about it, but until then, I encourage members here to link to those papers. They were written to mitigate the challenges of flying the F14A and B.

The A will be more challenging, and updates to the FM will likely make shortcuts unworkable.

Guys landing at 180 knots on the boat will be in for a rude awakening.

Viewpoints are my own.

A misunderstanding of his own words, perhaps?

Hi lunaticfringe. Would you please tell me the name of this book ?

Thanks.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

The conclusion I've come to, thanks to Victory, is that the B does not like to be power off anything. If you try to do crazy manuevers with power at MIL or better, you're going to have to work hard at departing it. If you take the power off, you will find yourself in an unrecoverable situation.

That makes me respect the GE engines even more, the idea that those things were apparently enough to save all but the dumbest of moves.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Guys landing at 180 knots on the boat will be in for a rude awakening.

Good! Drives me nuts we can land so overweight and fast with no consequences, in the 14 and 18.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Good! Drives me nuts we can land so overweight and fast with no consequences, in the 14 and 18.

+1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.