[RESOLVED] Jettison Drop Tanks - Still refuel to 20k

Deano87

Hey, just experienced something weird.

Fully laden lone bombcat onroute to target, got bounced by multiple bandits, decided “eff this noise” punched the emergency jettison button, selected warp factor 5 and buggered off back to friendly territory. Got to the tanker with 2000lb left, extended the probe (inadvertently left it in ALL position, top position) and proceeded to tank, went straight past 16000lb and continued up to 20000lb as per normal for external tanks. Hit F2 to confirm that I had indeed jettisoned them, and sure enough I was fully clean except for the two sidewinders on the outer pylons.

Huh. Weird.

Just out of interest I actually burned around at low level wasting fuel to see if I could actually use that fuel and sure enough burned all the way back down to 1500lb before I decided to land, so the fuel seemed to be there and useable. I’ll do s few tests to see if I can replicate it, but I’m pretty sure it comes from the pilot using the emergency jettison, not sure though. Can’t post track as it’s too long

Edited by IronMike

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Ok Peeps (I'm down with the kids, yo.)

I've just been testing this issue and here are my results. I could post a track but honestly it fails quite quickly during playback so wouldn't really show anything.

Test 1:

Test condition: Airstart spawn, With droptanks. 50% internal fuel, near tanker.

Test operation: Ask Jester to jettison droptanks, Jester complies. Approach tanker, set refueling probe to ALL (top position) and commence tanking.

Expected Results: Jet should stop taking on fuel at around 16k lb because without tanks it cannot hold any more.

Actual Results: Jet continues to take on fuel up to 20k lb. After finishing tanking Jet can use all that fuel, but does not seem to suffer the drag or handling penalties of the droptanks.

Test 2:

Test condition: Airstart spawn, Without droptanks. 50% internal fuel, near tanker.

Test operation: Approach tanker, set refueling probe to ALL (top position) and commence tanking.

Expected Results: Jet should stop taking on fuel at around 16k lb because without tanks it cannot hold any more.

Actual Results: Jet refuels up to the expected 16k lb. - No Bug -

This also seems to happen to Aircraft spawned on the ramp with tanks, don't know about with an aircraft that spawns clean and then the user rearms with tanks. Will check that later.

Can somebody else please test this to confirm I'm not going crazy?

Thanks

D

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Confirmed here also - took off with tanks and got Jester to drop them, then hit the KC-130 tanker and filled up to 20,100k. Checked and had 2,200 in LH external and 1,800 in RH. Confirmed had no tanks fitted.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys!

Its not just me then!

guns-replaced-thumbs-up-6.jpg

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

Confirmed here also - took off with tanks and got Jester to drop them, then hit the KC-130 tanker and filled up to 20,100k. Checked and had 2,200 in LH external and 1,800 in RH. Confirmed had no tanks fitted.

Can you remember, did the Jet spawn already with its loadout or was it clean and you re-armed it?

Proud owner of:

Can you remember, did the Jet spawn already with its loadout or was it clean and you re-armed it?

Custom mission - spawned jet with tanks fitted.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Custom mission - spawned jet with tanks fitted.

Thanks Vampire.

@Cobra847 Can we get a confirmation that this has been reported?

Proud owner of:

;3872423']The team knows about it champs' date=' it’s on the to do list :thumbup:[/quote']

Excellent! :thumbup:

Proud owner of: