[Video] Bounce breaks propeller/engine immediately upon repair finished

-0303-

Engine breaks immediately after repair because of bounce. This happens a lot. Every 3rd repair maybe (just a guess). I finally noticed more precisely what happens.

1) Start Repair. Spitfire is raised straight up.

2) Fuselage gets angled tail down, nose upwards

3) When Spitfire is lowered after repair, tail wheel goes underground

4) Because tail wheel is underground tail shoots up like a rocket.

5) Propeller hits ground and breaks, engine also broken.

If no 2), the fuselage re-angling tail down didn't happen and Spitfire was just lowered straight down, the bounce wouldn't happen and propeller wouldn't break.

Video recorded of offline track. Easy to recreate I think. Happened twice in a row, first attempts. Spawn CW Batumi RWY, stand on brakes, powerup and let it nose over. Repair.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Engine breaks immediately after repair because of bounce. This happens a lot. Every 3rd repair maybe (just a guess). I finally noticed more precisely what happens.

If no 2), the fuselage re-angling tail down didn't happen and Spitfire was just lowered straight down, the bounce wouldn't happen and propeller wouldn't break.

Video recorded of offline track. Easy to recreate I think. Happened twice in a row, first attempts. Spawn CW Batumi RWY, stand on brakes, powerup and let it nose over. Repair.

Yes - I've had exactly this this a number of times recently.

Today also happened for the P51D.

Can't remember it ever happened with P51D before. Same thing, P51 tail visibly 'very' underground before shooting up (and losing tail wheel interestingly). Propeller fine but engine broken because prop hit ground.

Not Spitfire specific.

Edited by -0303-
Remove wordy speculation

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Yes - I've had exactly this this a number of times recently.

QUESTION IS WHICH VERSION ARE YOU RUNNING OPEN BETA OR STABLE ??

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Surprisingly easy to recreate with P51. Taxi off RWY onto grass at Batumi, retract landing gear. Repair.

First just prop bent, then from bad to worse ... and worse (pilot dead).

any way i spend 99% time in air while siting in spitfire or any other plane and i never encounter thin i dont know what you are doing with those planes :P

i was returning form combat with so heavy damage and never encounter this :P Once i had a big hole in wing that i could see my landign gear :P

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 4 months later...

This bug seems to be fixed.

It occurred to me I couldn't remember when it last happened so I tested it by repairing (Spitfire or P-51) on the rwy, taxiways and terrain (online and offline). I got no wheels going underground, no bounce and no breakage anywhere.

Quoting opening post, what used to happen:

The key cause, the pitch angle up on raise

The key cause, 2) Fuselage tail angling down, is almost entirely gone. Meaning it didn't happen at all 7 out of 8 times. The one time it did happen was after deliberately placing a P-51 on a steep slope sideways in terrain. This time both pitch and roll angled a little on raising but still no tail wheel got underground and no bounce and no breakage.