PIMAX 5K+ Problem

fiddlinjim

I have an optician measured 61.9 IPD that I used in my Rift setup for years and never encountered any focus problems at all.

However when I input that setting or any other IPD setting with the 5K+ I cannot focus both eyes onto a single point.

One eye will be sharp and the 2nd blurry, I move my head horizontally then the focus shifts with the 2nd eye clear and the first is blurry.

I've read about this issue on the PIMAX blog but haven't found a solution.

Has anyone encountered this problem or found a solution????????

The Pimax IPD is way off. I am 64 but I have to put it all the way to 60 the minimum setting for things to feel right. Just move it to what feels good to you. If one is good and one is bad, then your eyes may not be symmetrical to your face and you could be SOL.

Edited by Naruto

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

The Pimax IPD is way off. I am 64 but I have to put it all the way to 60 the minimum setting for things to feel right. Just move it to what feels good to you. If one is good and one is bad, then your eyes may not be symmetrical to your face and you could be SOL.

I have tried all the IPD setting from one extreme to the other and no help.

IPD was never a problem with the Rift so eye symmetry is not the problem

I don't have a Pimax, so I'm taking a shot in the dark here based on my Rift. Have you tried changing the vertical position of the Pimax on your head? Maybe rotate it clockwise and counter-clockwise around your nose and see if anything changes? Maybe the lenses in the Pimax aren't precisely aligned in the vertical.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: