First operational QRA launch for Typhoon

Bear has unlimited range. Don't know if Typhoon has aerial refueling capability.

Didnt know they ran on cold fusion :D

My question was Typhoon VS F3 instead. Dont know why the bear was put into all the posts replying to me.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I'd say (sorry for my bad english)Anyway, I'm quite convinced that the Tornado F-3 was a better interceptor than the EF2000. Not a better fighter, just a better interceptor...

Why a better interceptor? Similar range, EF has significantly better sensors (unless the MOD are flying blue circle again) and has speed up high ... something the Tornado is notoriously bad at! The only thing the ADV has is a second crew member for the pilot to chat to.

Didnt know they ran on cold fusion :D

My question was Typhoon VS F3 instead. Dont know why the bear was put into all the posts replying to me.

Just for the hug, Pilotasso, just for the hug.

But on your question: wikipedia (!) states about same range (1390km) for both.

I find this story about the F3 being a "better interceptor" rather unbelievable.

The Typhoon should be better in almost everything. It is not because it is essentially unstable that it has no long-range performance. Quite on the contrary, the advanced FBW actually SAVES fuel consumption by constantly computing minor corrections, which obliviate e.g. the drag-inducing trim necessary with dinosaur aircraft like F3.

Another story is the Tornado GR.4. THAT really is a plane that the Typhoon won't match soon. It isn't meant to in the first place.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd say (sorry for my bad english): Someone wanted to impress somebody else and instead he was impressed himself :)

Anyway, I'm quite convinced that the Tornado F-3 was a better interceptor than the EF2000. Not a better fighter, just a better interceptor...

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/MilitaryOperations/TyphoonLaunchesOperationallyForTheFirstTime.htm

Typhoon1.jpg

Typhoon2.jpg

When the RAF’s “hottest” fighter goes hunting for an obsolete turboprop Bear bomber, there’s nothing the latter can do to avoid being intercepted.

Anyway my favorite picture ever. Thanks Starlight!

I guess the typhoon beats the F-22 by intercepting the bear first after the F-15C Eagle did this a long time ago! :D

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

They should add some R-73 to that turret :D

:D LOL

If anything it would give their intended interceptors a pause...a loooong pause indeed. Then the Bear would simply hit the brake and they'll fly right by. :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

:D LOL

If anything it would give their intended interceptors a pause...a loooong pause indeed. Then the Bear would simply hit the brake and they'll fly right by. :D

ill live to 200 before any bear manages to even get the interceptor on his 3-9 line

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, it's really a wonderful picture, one of my fav too.

If you're a Typhoon fan I could send you some pics taken at the DA-1 prototype now sleeping in a german museum...

Yeah, bring them on!

Of course I am a fan. :thumbup:

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |