NTTR - I don't get it

I just purchased the Nevada Test and Training Range add-on. I don't get it. There are no NTTR missions and no way to search for any, I can't create NTTR missions in the mission editor, there are no training missions (even though the product has TRAINING in it's name). So far all I've found is Instant Action and Create Fast Mission that show any NTTR options.

I guess I feel duped. Definitely a situation of Caveat Emptor. This is a big disappointment and an expensive one at that.

Am I missing something?

I just purchased the Nevada Test and Training Range add-on. I don't get it. There are no NTTR missions and no way to search for any, I can't create NTTR missions in the mission editor, there are no training missions (even though the product has TRAINING in it's name). So far all I've found is Instant Action and Create Fast Mission that show any NTTR options.

I guess I feel duped. Definitely a situation of Caveat Emptor. This is a big disappointment and an expensive one at that.

Am I missing something?

Have you downloaded it? Module Manager etc? It should be present if go to the mission editor and select new mission, it is just a map, so I'm not sure what you're expecting mission wise...

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

It should be one of the options when you create a new mission...you can choose which map you want at that time. Make sure you have it installed. Then go and create a new mission. You should see Nevada as one of the map choices.

I think training missions are provided through the aircraft modules, not the maps. What aircraft do you have?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Am I missing something?

Perhaps you missed doing a proper due-dilligence before purchasing. If you had you would have found that you were purchasing just a Map ... not a set of missions.

Also, if you cant see the map on the Mission Editor, then it's likely that you havent installed your new puchase .. go to the Module Manager to download & install it.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

There are some nice training misions as DLC, agressors and Red Flag, that make you understand the feeling of NTTR and Nellis AFB.

It's sad there no some free missions that make you feel that ... I think it would be good for ED and users.

I bought the map mainly because I like VFR flying, and I thougt Las vegas, Hover dam, Great Cañon, Area 51 could be fun just to fly over. I though combat missions there would be dumb.

I just bought a red flag campaign to verify that my feelings were right, and OMG, I was so wrong, NTTR is really a special place for military aviation, now I understand why they choosed it ...

Edited by cercata

NTTR is a superb map. does exactly what it says in the product description, and we use it the whole time for training.

{...}, I can't create NTTR missions in the mission editor, {...}

That's not right, so there might be something amiss. Here's the procedure I use...

Start up DCS and go to the main menu (with the modules along the bottom and the options down the right-hand side). Click on "Mission Editor". You will then get the editor start window with "create new mission" and "open mission". Click on "create new mission".

At this point a "New Mission Settings" windo opens. On the left, uou will see a "Choose Map" list with "Caucasus", "Nevada" and any other maps you might own. Click "Nevada".

You will need to assign countries to coalitions, which you can do by clicking on the country and then clicking the red/blue arrow (or the white dot for neutral). Alternatively, you can use the "Coalition presets" drop down menu in the top right. Once you're done, click the green "OK" button in the lower right.

You will now be in the mission editor, with the NTTR map (Nevada) selected. Have fun! :)

Still a little disappointed that some "canned" missions aren't included but at least I can build some.

There are aircrafts that do include missions for Nevada: the F-18, the A-10C (on Instant action) and the Mirage 2000 ... the Mirage even includes Training :)

And on User Files there are quite a lot of Missions for Nevada, some of them very well made.

Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Helped out a lot and I got it working in Mission Editor. Still a little disappointed that some "canned" missions aren't included but at least I can build some.

Since the map is just the map you can't use it without a module. Depending on the module you have missions for different maps included. Fortunately you have two free aircraft ready to go in Instant Action menu - NTTR missions included. Especially FC3 pack offers a lot of missions.

What DLC modules do you own?

Here you can find user made missions/campaigns:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=165

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria