[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE] HARM TOO no target lock

Last thought (based on some other threads I think), are you plugging directly into the computer or is your controller/keyboard going thru a USB hub? Thru a hub seems to cause some issues with erroneous/missing inputs.

rob, I'm plugged directly in. OK so new development Here is what I did

1. pulled out the f-18 mod and reinstalled

2. updated drivers for controller and keyboard

3. reinstalled mod

4. changed settings for sensor to the hat on the joystick.

Still no change on using the HARMS

Started a campaign and after launching of the ship..the following errors are occurring. Gear button will not work. Even though it is wired to the G key. Can not cycle air to air weapons. Stays on the AIM 9 and will not cycle them as well. Other MODS work fine..F-14...etc something in the F-18 doesn't like what I have going on. Guess I have to wait for the next patch as there is no solution at this point for me....bummer...the one weapon I have been waiting to use....it figures...lol Thanks for all the support here folks...If any other great ideas come to mind. Please let me know...but for now...moving on to the Tomcat.

a suggestion.

After many of the updates to the fa18 i had to load my saved control settings since they dissaper.

Also at some point in the past they introduced custom joystick profiles so that peoples joysticks would work directly out of the box ( the most populare ones with the most primary things such as trigger and launch weapon ect ect )

Try to load your old saved settings for your joystick inside of dcs and see if that help.

but i think your problems with the fa18 sound wird that your joystick work in the f14 but not in the f18.

Technical speaking you could try to reset all controls for the f18c to default and press okay and restart the game and then try again.. ( i dont think an uninstall is enough since it store your joystick settings in

maybe even try to delete all the joystick settings in this folder and then start dcs world and try again.. maybe old settings somehow are blocking something. ( maybe make a backup first )

C:\users\your-name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet\joystick

OK...I feel incredibly silly....I have always played in SIM mode....but for some reason the F-18 was playing in Game mode. not sure why I even thought of that...flicked the switch and "MAGNUM" baby...both modes work like a charm now..what a dolt I am!!!! Feel free to troll me!