VNAO T-45 Goshawk

Currently reworking the pit to the C model.

The good news is that we have a somewhat believable flight model, it will be SFM. Still some carrier launch and recovery bugs that we have to work on but again it launches and traps on the carrier. Had a test the other night with I think 8 T45s in the stack doing traps and launches. Internal testing.

The other news. Because we are reworking the pit to the C model it's somewhat in a state of disarray. Some of the team are hard at work on a bigger project right now and we are trying to pull it together ASAP but there is still a lot of work to do. Rest assured we want to see this aircraft as a staple in DCS as part of the fleet of aircraft that support the full complement of training type and carrier capable aircraft.

Will update as more milestones are completed. Thanks for keeping up the energy and sticking with us.

Cheers!

-Particleman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

T45 Goshawk Development Update

Update on the progress and features of the VNAO T45 Aircraft Module

Today marks a big milestone. We are announcing that we have successfully migrated to an EFM aircraft for the T45. With the hard work and research of many people we are now confident that we can announce that we have multicrew, control handoff of flight, basic weapon systems, MFD operation and a flight model that is constantly being tuned and tested by aviators who have real flight hours in this aircraft.

There is still a large amount of work to be done on this but we are continually flying and refining the systems as we find things that can be improved. This project is the stepping stone for many projects we have scheduled for DCS and other flight sims going forward.

If you would like to support this project and possibly take part in the development of content and future modules please visit us at the VNAO official discord: https://discord.gg/aWkyzn3

If you would like to know more head over to our Patreon where we have more info on the featureset we currently have in the aircraft or is WiP. If you would like to support our efforts that would great as well but is never required. Gotta buy the beer somehow. We will continue to make updates here as more progress and info is available but feel free to drop by the Patreon as it will also showcase some of the other projects we have in development.

Hope that gives you a bit more insight into the progress we are making and what our goals are for the aircraft. The DCS version of this aircraft will be free. Some have asked if they could make donations to support the development of content like this and that is why we finally decided to started to support that. Donations are always welcome to support the hard work of the team who is tirelessly devoting their free hours to this project and many others we have in development. Whether you choose to support us monetarily or just with kind words and constructive criticisms we will still strive to deliver a solid aircraft for all to enjoy.

-Particleman

VNAO Discord: https://discord.gg/aWkyzn3

Patreon: Patreon

• Like 1

Looks Great ! Anyone know the difference between the T-45 and the Canadian CT-155 ?

IIRC, T-45 is set up for carrier ops - more rugged airframe and the equipment required for carrier ops. I'd expect a completely different avionics suite as well (plus nose shape). Maybe the air brake design is different also (been a while).

That said, I'm intending to get this beastie and skin in Can colours. :)

IIRC, T-45 is set up for carrier ops - more rugged airframe and the equipment required for carrier ops. I'd expect a completely different avionics suite as well (plus nose shape). Maybe the air brake design is different also (been a while).

That said, I'm intending to get this beastie and skin in Can colours. :)

Nice, Since I don't know what the cockpit looks like in the CT-155 I'll remain blissfully ignorant :)

They look pretty close externally other than the slightly thinner nose on the 155.

Look forward to both the T45 Mod and your skin !

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Im curious to know if there are any additional details on this mod?

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Im curious to know if there are any additional details on this mod?

It will be the C model cockpit. It will use an EFM so that basic multicrew can be used (however nothing syncs). It has a clickable cockpit with most systems operational. There is no properly working radio due to no access of the SDK, however the radios will work with SRS. It can trap and launch on the carrier properly. The MFDs and HUD are fully functional and work with the navigation equipment (TACAN, VOR, ILS).

Not sure what other details you want.

Edited by nibbylot

We are not seeking 3rd Party Dev Status.

We are not seeking 3rd party dev status. Just wanted to say that again. There are alot of reasons why but mostly because it's not what our future goals include. The team has been updating the module to work with the new supercarrier, which it does, and adding more functionality to systems. After we wrap up the initial milestone of delivering the DCS version we will be shifting our focus to deliver versions to XPlane and MSFS2020. Very soon we'll be showing our first pass pit for the C model. We have both the front and rear pit in and it's been in testing for a few weeks with all the major systems functional and usable. Just have a few more misc items to throw first pass materials on and we'll get them out to the masses to view.

Cheers!

-Particleman

We are not seeking 3rd party dev status. Just wanted to say that again. There are alot of reasons why but mostly because it's not what our future goals include. The team has been updating the module to work with the new supercarrier, which it does, and adding more functionality to systems. After we wrap up the initial milestone of delivering the DCS version we will be shifting our focus to deliver versions to XPlane and MSFS2020. Very soon we'll be showing our first pass pit for the C model. We have both the front and rear pit in and it's been in testing for a few weeks with all the major systems functional and usable. Just have a few more misc items to throw first pass materials on and we'll get them out to the masses to view.

Cheers!

-Particleman

MFS 2020? Nice :D

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SOOOOO much looking forward to this. Ever since I saw a documentary about Navy pilots making their first ever carrier landings, I've wanted to recreate (at least a tiny bit) of that terror!!!

Have the Supercarrier... just need my training wings now :thumbup: