VNAO T-45 Goshawk

The T-45 Goshawk would be the ideal aircraft to be included with the free DCS download. That way new comers to DCS can start training landing on carrier decks and thus resulting  in more interest in buying the Naval modules.  I hope some things could be worked out with ED to make it happen.

Edited by Evoman
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, aleksandr1308 said:

Will this aircraft work in game 2.5 after release?

Alexsandr - I think we all share your excitement and enthusiasm for this aircraft and are eagerly looking forward to it's release. I suspect you probably have loads more questions, most of the answers are in the 9 pages of this thread and others will be answered when the release comes out. 

So I am guessing the answer to your exact question is "yes" - the real winner for us all will be whether ED will share some of their structures so as to allow things like radios etc to integrate really well rather than the developer of the T-45 having to always chaise & modify their aircraft to play catch up every time ED updates it's software.

• Thanks 3

Testing always continues on every patch and version of DCS that is released. We have no reason to suspect at this time that the 45 will not work in any future versions, including 2.7

On 2/15/2021 at 9:49 AM, Copprhead said:

@MadMaxter just saw the Reapers interview from 2 month ago where you stated that adding the radio is not possible without SDK. Most likely you are already aware that the A-4E now has a working radio. 

We have initial tests where we have SRS working. The other radios and controls are being looked at. I don't mean to mislead. All things are possible. Just more difficult without an open SDK. But we will continue to work hard to make as much possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

Testing always continues on every patch and version of DCS that is released. We have no reason to suspect at this time that the 45 will not work in any future versions, including 2.7

That sounds great! Thanks for your continuing hard work!

“The uninitiated non-believers think an airplane is a collection of moving parts and miles of wiring.

We know better.”

Marshall “War Dog” Lefavor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't remember the available loadouts for T-45.... I know the British Hawks can use Sidewinder Aim-9, but does the USN ever put 'Winders on the Goshawk? Or is the T-45 even wired for, and cleared for "heaters" at all?

23 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

I can't remember the available loadouts for T-45.... I know the British Hawks can use Sidewinder Aim-9, but does the USN ever put 'Winders on the Goshawk? Or is the T-45 even wired for, and cleared for "heaters" at all?

No. Bomb racks (practice), rocket pods or fuel tanks.

a1857.gif

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

22 hours ago, Rick50 said:

The T-45C is strictly a Naval jet trainer. No active weapons, however it does have training bombs and rockets. The bombs and rockets are intended to be included with the T-45C upon initial early access release. They have already been tested in CCIP mode.

On 2/27/2021 at 8:08 AM, KWard said:

This aircraft has MFDs in the cockpit, correct? Would these Thrustmaster MFDs be a useful purchase?

Yes, it does have to multifunction displays and we are trying to get all the controls that are active on the place to be profiled in the controls settings. This would include TM MFDs and indeed any other controls that can be recognized by DCS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

3 minutes ago, HoldmyBeer said:

Hey VNAO Team love your work! 

Will this aircraft come with a livery template?
Cheers

Yes, the liveries that will be included in early access are nearly complete and a livery template will be offered in .psd form. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rest assured we are burning the midnight oil to get this bird to early access release. Until then, here are some preview shots from our media vault. Remember, these are WIP shots and are subject to change.

Enjoy! ~

112f_wm.png112_ar.jpg223_112e.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 10

These look outstanding. Thanks for the hard work to date and count me as another person looking forward to deploying these!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

16 minutes ago, KWard said:

I just mail-ordered a T-45 model kit. Let's see if I finish mine before you finish yours. 😛

Challenge accepted!

• Like 7