VNAO T-45 Goshawk

Rudel

I put it in the middle when I go thru the checklist.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

3 hours ago, sobe said:

Baldawg

You did a fantastic job.  I implanted many of your special commands and all of your data entry commands.  Unfortunately, without key commands for the data entry I could not do it using Helios so I used my spare MFD for it.  Have you ever used Helios?

I tried Helios a long time ago but i found it much easier for me to edit the luas for my simpit and bind everything natively in DCS

1 hour ago, sobe said:

Baldawg

I noticed that some of your special commands that are toggles are giving me some issues.  I am using the buttons on a spare MFD panel and for example, the Anti-skid goes on when I press the button but goes off when I release it.  Is that correct? 

yes this is correct behavior.  Most of the edits i have done are for on/off or on/off/on type switches.  

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Decided to test the mod out, very well done guys!

Can't fly a two seater and not attempt a rear seat landing on the boat.

• Like 3

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

4 hours ago, nibbylot said:

There is no reason that not having SRS installed would stop the aircraft from loading correctly. SRS is completely independent from this mod and not integrated within it's files at all.

Don't be so sure about that, might be a case of many having older versions of SRS, they may be causing an incompatibility.  They already stated radio function of this mod is tied in with SRS.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baldawg said:

I spent the morning adding keybindings for most of the switches, knobs and buttons etc. in the T-45.  I added the Data Entry Panel as its own category and confirmed all buttons work.  All other edits are under the Special for Simpit category. SOME OF THSES ARENT WORKING QUITE YET SO I WIL BE UPDATING IT!!!  I've had to make adjustments per my pit so the switches work properly however, they may operate backwards in yours.  (on is off or off is on as far as the actual switch in game compared to your physical switch)

I have more work to do related to the comms panels and VOR/ILS TACAN panels but i may not be able to get some of the rotary knobs that change the freq numbers working correctly....these usually require more coding within the module that i am not able to do. 

***NOTE : Make a backup copy of your existing default.lua just in case.  ive changed mine to default.lua.bak.    The file path for the default.lua is as follows..... C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\VNAO_T45\Input\joystick

***UPDATE : I found an issue with the HOOK bypass switch not working which i traced back to an error in the clickabledate.lua file.  i have corrected it on my end.  is there anyone from the dev team that can update the source code to reflect the fix?  i have attached the clickabledate.lua file below as well as the new default.lua

I also added binding for most of the radio and comm control panels to work as well.  I still need to work on the NAV and TACAN panels.

default.luaUnavailable

clickabledata.lua 31.74 kB · 2 downloads default.lua 61.79 kB · 1 download

Outstanding, any chance of rudder trim?

It is not unusual to develop a module for the current DCS version. So why disappointed? What is preventing you from installing version 2.7? :dontgetit:

• Like 1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Disappointed because you're choosing to stick with Stable/2.5? They've been saying since the announcement for 2.7 they'd wait to release it under that version. 
Such entitled behavior for something given to us for free. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mcgrips said:

Just a heads-up for users who don't have the supercarrier addon, the included familiarization missions don't work properly and you have to edit them changing the included carrier to CVN-74 Stennis

Yes! , I had to figure this out the hard way (multiple what I thought were perfect traps) and some Googling!!
T-45 Seems a bit easier to land than the Hornet :joystick:

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Reasons are simple :

What is preventing you from installing version 2.7? 

1 - hard drive not enough large....
2 - i'm not informaticien
3 - i don't want uninstall stable version and all this mods and configurations that i did

BUT if you have a solution...?

Why not just wait for 2.7 to come to stable?

Hi, where is the download link?

• Like 1

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

6 hours ago, norbot said:

It is not unusual to develop a module for the current DCS version. So why disappointed? What is preventing you from installing version 2.7? :dontgetit:

As for me very simple: 

1/   I prefer to stay on a stable version mainly, and the stable version is still 2.5.6 

2/  Going to 2.7 requires Windows10, and I am still on Windows7, and my PC refused to upgrade to W10, for unknown reasons.... so this is at risk... 

If making a 2.5.6 version of this addon is a huge work, then I understand that modders want to stick to 2.7 ... but if having a functional 2.5.6 is feasible, it would be a plus.... for many of us.... for sure.    

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Markindel said:

I have the same problem: I can't enter the cockpit.
Please, if someone solved him could he tell me how he did it?
Thank you.

Please try to update your Microsoft Visual Studio redistributable files. That can be found here: 
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0
And use the vc_redist.x64.exe download

Edited by nibbylot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ST0RM said:

Page 18...

Thank Storm

• Like 1

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

2 hours ago, jjl9999 said:

...  If making a 2.5.6 version of this addon is a huge work ... 

You have to look at this from the developers viewpoint .. if for you upgrading to 2.7 is difficult, and having both 2.5.6 and 2.7 requires twice the space, then I'm sure you can understand that for the developer it's equally as difficult ... plus he would need testing time for both versions instead of for only one.

So, I can understand that a small developer Team needs to focus on just one version ... and at the moment it seems that there are more users on 2.7 than 2.5.6

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

13 minutes ago, SVKSniper said:

For me works!! Uninstal SRS instal vc redist file and i can jump to cockpit without problem....thank you!

The SRS install contains the redistributable and automatically installs it to your computer. That is why installing SRS fixed it. So once you have installed SRS (and if you've removed it), those redist files are probably still on your computer and you don't need to go download them again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1