VNAO T-45 Goshawk

5 hours ago, AirKiller said:

Reasons are simple :

What is preventing you from installing version 2.7? 

1 - hard drive not enough large....
2 - i'm not informaticien
3 - i don't want uninstall stable version and all this mods and configurations that i did

BUT if you have a solution...?

You can install both versions, stable and open beta on the same disk. If the disk is too small, replace it or build a second one into your PC.

• Like 1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I believe that I am following the correct startup procedure, but I cannot get the HYD button to reset the hydraulics warning and the right MFD and HUD do not go on.  It seems that this may be related to the generator switch.  I set it to go to reset and then on.  I just don't know what I am doing wrong.  

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

3 minutes ago, sobe said:

I believe that I am following the correct startup procedure, but I cannot get the HYD button to reset the hydraulics warning and the right MFD and HUD do not go on.  It seems that this may be related to the generator switch.  I set it to go to reset and then on.  I just don't know what I am doing wrong.  

I had the same issue - the Master Engine switch needs to be returned to 'on' from 'start' once the engine is running. That gets the generator running.

Edited by AndyJWest
  • Like 1

AndyJWest

Thank you very much.  My error only cost me about 1/2 day of frustration.  I never noticed that it did not go back to the on position. 

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

AndyJWest
Thank you very much.  My error only cost me about 1/2 day of frustration.  I never noticed that it did not go back to the on position. 
Are you using a switch or mouse click? If you use the mouse it will return when you let go, when engine starts and you advance the throttle with the fingerlifts.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

As for me very simple: 
1/   I prefer to stay on a stable version mainly, and the stable version is still 2.5.6 
2/  Going to 2.7 requires Windows10, and I am still on Windows7, and my PC refused to upgrade to W10, for unknown reasons.... so this is at risk... 
If making a 2.5.6 version of this addon is a huge work, then I understand that modders want to stick to 2.7 ... but if having a functional 2.5.6 is feasible, it would be a plus.... for many of us.... for sure.    
But you will need to transfer to 2.7.x at some point, don't you?

Disappointed because you're choosing to stick with Stable/2.5? They've been saying since the announcement for 2.7 they'd wait to release it under that version. 
Such entitled behavior for something given to us for free. 

Absolutely this!!! ^^^
It's just like people getting a free ride. In my opinion people tend to complain more when something is free. I don't get it. Give them half a little finger...
A free module is released in a preliminary state to the OpenBeta of DCS, and people on Stable complain...
People are devoting their free time to make you're life better. Stop bitching and at least come up with some humble constructive criticism. It's not like you ain't gonna upgrade to 2.7.x when it reaches stable, or...?
Sorry for the rant guys, but this is just disrespect!
Cheers!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

In my opinion people tend to complain more when something is free. 

Agree ... however, there are people who also complain when something is not free (like the WW2 Asset Pack or the Supercarrier) ... seems that for a developer it's impossible to please everyone.

I'm trying to learn to just ignore the complainers, no point in arguing with them.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 7

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I've bound 'start' and 'on' to joystick buttons, but presumably they work the same way.

Right, I tried to do that on my setup, and had problems, because it wouldn't return from START to ON, because it's not spring loaded behavior. (Can't explain it better).
If I use mouse and let go when RPM (or whatever) reaches correct value, and let go with the mouse. It works.
Hope this helps!
Cheers!

Agree ... however, there are people who also complain when something is not free (like the WW2 Asset Pack or the Supercarrier) ... seems that for a developer it's impossible to please everyone.

I'm trying to learn to just ignore the complainers, no point in arguing with them.

You are so spot on Eduardo!!! It beats me every time!
Thanks for all your contributions!

I find having to hold a switch on while I'm looking around the cockpit with TrackIR rather awkward.
Well, this is how this aircraft works. I guess it's a limitation of not having magnetic held switches on our setups. I sooooo wish for it!
Cheers!

Hi, 

I have just edited a Foxy Profile for my Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas and the T-45, it looks like this:

bChofKw.jpg

I have not placed functions on the Hats 2 and 3 because the Mod (a) still has not enough keybindings yet (in particular, I'd love to have some for the Data Entry Panel), and (b) the real aircraft does not have those Hats either:

yCRjRnp.jpg

I'm attaching the Profile in case there is another Cougar user with this aircraft. Once I have it more polished (and maybe after the developer has added more keybinds), I will then place it on ED's User Files section.

Best regards,

Eduardo

T-45C Cougar Profile (by Rudel_chw).zip

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I am using the new bindings that were prepared by user.  I now have one button for start, another for off and a third for on.  All is well now. 

Rudel_chw

My WH Hotas layout is very similar to your chart.  However, I have a second screen and was able to put the 2 MFDs on the second screen and then coded the buttons on my Cougar MFDs to correspond with the 2 mfds and my third Cougar MFD I used for the UFC. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sobe said:

I am using the new bindings that were prepared by user. 

I'd love to have more bindings, but I'm waiting to see if hopefully the developer adds them to his Mod, as I prefer to stick to what everyone uses .. this is what allows me to share my Hotas profile, I couldn't do so if I used custom bindings. 👍

• Like 1

I think the high altitude engine model needs a bit of tweaking. I was climbing to 40000ft to do a cross-country and I was wondering why my FF went up at higher altitudes.

When I hit my cruise-altitude, I accelerated cleanly beyond Mach 1 in level-flight.

Screen_210426_235823.jpg

This is me at M1.26 at just above 40000ft.

It might be the fuel-flow being more or less constant'ish across all altitudes (and increasing with Mach), leading to that nice little performance boost 😆

• Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

19 hours ago, Nodak said:

Outstanding, any chance of rudder trim?

Ill give it a shot but unfortunately rotary knobs (potentiometer or rheostat type knobs) dont play nice when trying to get them to work with a rotary encoder.  As for adding it as a bindable axis ....that would have to come from the developers as there are a few things that need to be done in the mod to make that work.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

10 hours ago, Mizzy said:

what VR set are you using ?

HP Reverb G2

• Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Nice model.  

Attempted to try it this evening, but it is not recognizing me Winwing Orion throttle axis.  It recognizes the throttle sliders but not the throttle.  Any thoughts?

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

2 minutes ago, BoneDust said:

Nice model.  

Attempted to try it this evening, but it is not recognizing me Winwing Orion throttle axis.  It recognizes the throttle sliders but not the throttle.  Any thoughts?

Push the throttle into the AB detent, sounds like it would try to map the AB but it maps the axis.

• Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

32 minutes ago, =Panther= said:

Push the throttle into the AB detent, sounds like it would try to map the AB but it maps the axis.

It recognizes the AB and CO, but not the axis.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

44 minutes ago, BoneDust said:

That is strange. I have the WinWing gear and it recognized all my axis.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

3 hours ago, BoneDust said:

Odd that it doesn’t work, my didn’t register until I pushed the throttle into AB. Which made me think it picked up the AB button.

• Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I recently downloaded the T-45 mod.  Its well made, 75% functional, has limited multicrew support etc.

Unfortunately I have been unable to create a video demonstrating its abilities.

The reason being that however simple I make the "mission" ie no other aircraft, no tasks, no fast forward etc, etc, it never adheres, the what occurs when you are flying it.

Now I am well aware of the shortcomings of DCS recorded tracks but generally for for most of the time the recorded tracks play out as flown.

Has anybody else encountered this problem with the Goshawk mod?