VNAO T-45 Goshawk

@MadMaxter Thank you for this masterpiece! love your work and from your team. Thank you for this mod, i´m truly grateful and looks everyone too 🙂

Ok, about the mod itself and improvements: can you and your team correct the weight on wheels please? the T-45 model needs more WoW, it´s too high if you compare with real footage. May be a minor visual thing but it matters at least for me 🙂

Thank you and keep up the excellent work!

Regards,

Bruno.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

3 hours ago, fagulha said:

@MadMaxter Thank you for this masterpiece! love your work and from your team. Thank you for this mod, i´m truly grateful and looks everyone too 🙂

Ok, about the mod itself and improvements: can you and your team correct the weight on wheels please? the T-45 model needs more WoW, it´s too high if you compare with real footage. May be a minor visual thing but it matters at least for me 🙂

Thank you and keep up the excellent work!

Regards,

Bruno.

The weight on wheels strut height is a known issue and on the list of things to be addressed. We’re on it. Thanks for the input and the kind words. We are humbled by the positive response. 

• Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

22 hours ago, Victory205 said:

Takes two seconds to punch a heading or course into the UFD keypad. HDG/CRS> input digits> ENT

Thanks.

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

Yikes! I don't have that command. Only "Throttle Grip".
Hmmm, should I try to delete the T-45 input folder, in case this was added in the new version? TIA
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

@Juice Never mind, missed@Baldawg 's original post. Thanks for putting me in right direction, and a huge thanks to Baldawg.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How do you set up the ICLS?

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I thought that be the case, but the mission came with an ICLS signal of 10 so that confused me.

Thanks.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

On 5/1/2021 at 12:07 AM, JUICE said:

@Baldawg Hey Bri...got home and tried it out, got so much mapped thanks to you.  With the TM Warthog, the only control that needed special editing was the Tailhook which I just reversed the 1.0 - 0.0 values to get it to work.  Great job as always!

Don

Hey Don,  been away from the forums for a bit....glad to here the edits came in handy.  Looks like they put in a bunch in the updated version.

• Like 2

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Small change that will return large benefits- Getting the instrument pointers correct on all of the round instruments, including backup and engine gauges, and the backup instrument number fonts readable, will pay dividends in readability and immersion. The pointers are generic at this point, too long and thin, with the entire needle white, which makes the module look artificial and difficult to read, but when they are refined, the cockpit will come alive. While I understand that many DCS players are HUD cripples, the T45 HUD is difficult to read, so the backup instruments need to be referenced.

The aircraft handles well. It’s highly recommended and is where future Tomcat and Hornet drivers should start. Who knew that a trainer would be so valuable to train pilots for advanced aircraft? 😉

I know it’s a labor of love for you gents, and it shows.

Edited by Victory205
  • Like 2

Viewpoints are my own.

Hi,

A little bug report.

The canopy cannot be closed from the aft seat, the click zone to close the canopy stay in the position where the handle is when the canopy is close.

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

38 minutes ago, vctpil said:

Hi,

A little bug report.

The canopy cannot be closed from the aft seat, the click zone to close the canopy stay in the position where the handle is when the canopy is close.

Vincent

It works perfectly fine for me from the backseat with both handles front & aft(Last build)

Regards

Edited by Jef Costello

I found that Hook bypass that was clickable and working on release v1.0 with 1.0.1 didn't work anymore.

Other issue, the NAV frequency selector for ILSm  and ICLS, it cannot go over 117.95 frequency settings.

Are this two issue a mine problem or a common bug?

2 hours ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Are you guys still working on this mod to comolete the rest of the functions ot its done?

Yes

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

This module seems great addition to DCS. Just started learning this aircraft, and I have curious problem of pilot reflection stuttering (to be precise: the reflection is jumpin up and down when the aircraft is turning) on MFDs. Purely cosmetic problem, but I was interested if this was a known issue or just my DCS installation problem (2.7 latest)?

Thanks again for the module.

Edit. Here is a link to video showing the jumpy reflection on MFDs:

Edited by UncleZam
Added video link

On 5/1/2021 at 6:33 PM, jmig said:

A big Sierra Hotel and thank you to anyone who had anything to do with creating this mod. It is wonderful. After four attempts I was able to make my first ever trap. ED should thank you too. This airplane got me to buy the Super Carrier.

Me too - bought the carrier yesterday.  Couldn't be bothered with the complexity of the F-18 but this T-45 is just perfect and (hopefully) will get better as more is added.

Next, the BAe Hawk needs to be resurrected!!  It is literally criminal that this was not kept up-to-date!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jef Costello said:

It works perfectly fine for me from the backseat with both handles front & aft(Last build)

Regards

No, it does not. You cannot close the canopy with the rear handle. See the track attached.

T-45 Canopy Rear Seat.trk

5 hours ago, UncleZam said:

This module seems great addition to DCS. Just started learning this aircraft, and I have curious problem of pilot reflection stuttering (to be precise: the reflection is jumpin up and down when the aircraft is turning) on MFDs. Purely cosmetic problem, but I was interested if this was a known issue or just my DCS installation problem (2.7 latest)?

Thanks again for the module.

Edit. Here is a link to video showing the jumpy reflection on MFDs:

Why don't you turn the MFD's on? When they're dark, they are just glass, so reflections can certainly be an issue. I agree, there is something weird about that, but I do not see this when they are in use which should be anytime you're flying...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RogerRamjet said:

Why don't you turn the MFD's on? When they're dark, they are just glass, so reflections can certainly be an issue. I agree, there is something weird about that, but I do not see this when they are in use which should be anytime you're flying...

True, I just wanted to know if my installation is somehow corrupted, since I recall seeing this kind of issue once earlier (I think it was F-16 early version). If others are seeing this then I guess we can assume this is DCS wide issue, not just this module.

6 minutes ago, UncleZam said:

True, I just wanted to know if my installation is somehow corrupted, since I recall seeing this kind of issue once earlier (I think it was F-16 early version). If others are seeing this then I guess we can assume this is DCS wide issue, not just this module.

Stand by, I'll fly with them off and see if I see the issue...

• Like 1

Small bug, I think. The wind direction as shown in the HSI using the DCS mission builder convention - the direction it is blowing to - rather than the standard for meteorology and aviation (e.g. METARS, ATIS etc) which is to report the direction the wind is coming from. It is possible the Goshawk reports it like that, but it seems unlikely.

22 minutes ago, UncleZam said:

Okay, with the MFD's off, I see the same as you. With them on, there might be a little there as well, just never noticed and not too noticeable. I don't have another glass cockpit aircraft to test with. Don't see much with the SU33 and the F14 also lacks these displays, but I'll give it a try anyway.

27 minutes ago, UncleZam said:

F-14, don't see that. The only reflection I can see is in the fuel quantity gauges and it looks to be normal. Can't complain too much with a free MOD though. I'm sure they will address this sort of thing in due time.

• Like 1