VNAO T-45 Goshawk

I think I've confirmed that the error on the HSI is due to not taking magnetic declination into account. Use the editor to set up a T-45 on the Nellis AFB runway, with the next waypoint aligned with it, to the northeast. The HUD etc show the runway heading as about 28° (the runway is marked as 03, as rounded per standard practice), but the heading to the waypoint is shown on the HSI as something like 40°. If you take off straight ahead, and maintain you heading as shown on the HUD (28°) you will overfly the waypoint.

Magnetic declination in Nevada is about 12° East.

Edited by AndyJWest
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Yes, 2.7 only.
ED changed something with the animations. That's why the MB-339 module have the same "limitations" now. It works but lacks animations in the cockpit.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Looking at the latest patch notes, especially the C-101, that's an impressive amount of synchronizations that apparently now work by changing the code.  Looking good for the future of multi-crew.

• Like 1

Really good mod fellas! Top notch!!!!!!

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

Very detailed 👍 model of the training aircraft, many thanks to the creators of the project.

Please have question, can the glare on the MFD panels be removed?

• Like 2

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:44 AM, AndyJWest said:

Good input Andy...and I saw this situation with ED when Nevada NTTR Map first came out.  www.vfrmap.com will give you within half degrees (00.30) and for the airfields, sites live www.airnav.com will give you airfield diagrams with the runway mag adjustments.  As with ED, I imagine adjusting the code will fix it in time.

JUICE

Andy Wrote:
I think I've confirmed that the error on the HSI is due to not taking magnetic declination into account. Use the editor to set up a T-45 on the Nellis AFB runway, with the next waypoint aligned with it, to the northeast. The HUD etc show the runway heading as about 28° (the runway is marked as 03, as rounded per standard practice), but the heading to the waypoint is shown on the HSI as something like 40°. If you take off straight ahead, and maintain you heading as shown on the HUD (28°) you will overfly the waypoint.

Magnetic declination in Nevada is about 12° East.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, DD_Crash said:

I am enjoying the mod. Will the radio coms work like DCS for Viacom? Also will the output  be sent to simshaker?

i'm not really seeing any useable radio/comms menu/srs/vaicom functionality yet, might be just me.

The only comms i do get are groundcrew.

Maybe already reported (or not a bug at all): throttle get stuck to full after carrier landing.

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

So I just took this plane for a spin. Cruised on up to 40k and leveled out. After a few minutes I was at Mach 1.4 then did a zoom climb up to 75000ft blacking out around 48000ft on the way up.

Waited to get my oxygen back and found myself nose down at 23000ft at Mach 1.6...then pulled stick all the way back and hit 25G on the pullout...

I think its got way too much power up high and not enough down low...

• Like 3

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

Still the same bug here, that is I have no numbers or letters on the HUD and MFDs. It seems a font availability to me. I know that several people, at least in Spain, are having the same problem but not others. The bug occurs no matter if I use Steam or Standalone version (both openbeta 2.7).

20210508101608_1.jpg

Edited by LanzelotLXXI

This looks like a fantastic module. I’ve downloaded and copied the folder to the mods directory but on loading DCS says it is unauthorised and will be disabled. I would be happy to pay for the Goshawk if that is required but didn’t think that was necessary. Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by Snowy55

Rig: RTX 4080, 11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 3xSSD Drives, TM F/A18 Grip on Virpil WarBrd base, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, VKB-Sim T Rudder Pedals MkIV, Virpil MongoosT-50CM throttle, Varjo Aero.

16 minutes ago, Snowy55 said:

This looks like a fantastic module. I’ve downloaded and copied the folder to the mods directory but on loading DCS says it is unauthorised and will be disabled. 

You should put it into /Saved Games/DCS/Mods ... NOT on /Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS/Mods

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I have a problem with the T-45 TACAN, tested only on DCS 2.7

No matter the Carrier im using, Stennis or any of the Super Carriers, the TACAN im adjusting in the mission editor is not following the ship with the T-45.

I mean, the same mission with the same TACAN setting, if i place a Hornet or a Tomcat, the TACAN follows the ship movement and stays at 0.0 distance.

When in the same mission im using the T-45, the TACAN stays fixed in the initial position of the carrier, not following it, so the distance is increasing.

Is very strange because the stock missions provided with the mod the problem is not present, the TACAN follows the ship. Im reproducing that mission exactly but always the TACAN when using the T-45 remains static, not following the ship.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

51 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

You should put it into /Saved Games/DCS/Mods ... NOT on /Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS/Mods

Thank you Rudel_chw

Rig: RTX 4080, 11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 3xSSD Drives, TM F/A18 Grip on Virpil WarBrd base, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, VKB-Sim T Rudder Pedals MkIV, Virpil MongoosT-50CM throttle, Varjo Aero.

I’m experiencing some sort of failure in the T-45 screens. They only show this: 

Screen-210430-205227.png

The HUD also appears without any numbers.

It only happens to me in the 1.01 version. The 1.0 looks OK.

I’ve tried, erasing and reinstalling again. Making a repair in DCS 2.7.

Any ideas of what can I do to solve this?

Edited by boquinauer

39 minutes ago, boquinauer said:

Screen-210430-205227.png

What language do you use DCS in? Some people have said that it might have to do with a language setting other than English could possibly be causing it, I want to check this

Hm interesting. I tested the Dauphin from daimentrix, who is french, whith your (nibbylot) EFM demo, for me works fine, for him not. No cockpit, not flyable....french language issue??

14 minutes ago, nibbylot said:

Some people have said that it might have to do with a language setting other than English

Edited by rato65

22 minutes ago, nibbylot said:

What language do you use DCS in? Some people have said that it might have to do with a language setting other than English could possibly be causing it, I want to check this

I had it in Spanish but I’ve just switched to English to check it out and same issue. 

13 minutes ago, rato65 said:

Hm interesting. I tested the Dauphin from daimentrix, who is french, whith your (nibbylot) EFM demo, for me works fine, for him not. No cockpit, not flyable....french language issue??

No this is an issue with the font not loading. V1.0.1 is using SVG font and it has something to do with that.

1 hour ago, boquinauer said:

I had this while using one of the VR Shader mods, screen came back after removing it.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52