VNAO T-45 Goshawk

15 hours ago, nibbylot said:

Doesn't say anything specific, it just can't find the font file. Can you go to VNAO_T45\Cockpit\AvionicsTextures\ and check that the SVG file is there (T45_HUD_MFD_Font.svg)?

This is all I've got in the AvionicsTextures folder.

Capture.png

5 hours ago, boquinauer said:

This is all I've got in the AvionicsTextures folder.

Capture.png

That looks correct. What do you see if you open the T45_HUD_MFD_Font file with Explorer or Edge?

Attached is what I see.

Finally, what version of Windows are you using?

HUDFONTS.PNG

Also, the first error in your log says it's missing a file in the shapes folder: \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\VNAO_T45\Shapes

ERROR   VISUALIZER: ILV for cockpit 'Cockpit_VNAO_T45C' not found

The folder contents should look like this:

Shapes.PNG

1 hour ago, RogerRamjet said:

Also, the first error in your log says it's missing a file in the shapes folder: \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\VNAO_T45\Shapes

ERROR   VISUALIZER: ILV for cockpit 'Cockpit_VNAO_T45C' not found

The folder contents should look like this:

Shapes.PNG

My folder shapes looks the same. 

If I open T45_HUD_MFD_Font file It does it with Edge. I use, Windows 10 64bit OS build 19041.928

hace 3 minutos, boquinauer dijo:

My folder shapes looks the same. 

If I open T45_HUD_MFD_Font file It does it with Edge. I use, Windows 10 64bit OS build 19041.928

Same bug for me, same folder structure. I even try to change the default opening of svg files to other browser (Chrome) but no positive result happened. I use a slightly different Windows 10 build (19042.964).

Did some test flying and a great little aircraft. Need some adjustments, it is way to fast at higher alt, almost Mach 1 at angels 30. The pitch trim is to slow and the right brake does not work (brake pedal animation works).

Hi Guys!

First of all amazing mod! mega textures the art work is top lvl! Now I have seen somthing is strange so as per first page we got the pilots with faces and the oxygen masks have complete assembly but then mod installed and no pilot faces and the gear seams to be incomplete as the oxygen masks missing parts and so on, or this is still in work in progress ?

Thanks

some pics to just compare :

Screen_210425_205406.jpg With in game pilots missing parts such as faces(body) and Flight gear incomplete missing parts 

VNAO1 (4).png

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

3 minutes ago, STNGersk said:

Hi Guys!

First of all amazing mod! mega textures the art work is top lvl! Now I have seen somthing is strange so as per first page we got the pilots with faces and the oxygen masks have complete assembly but then mod installed and no pilot faces and the gear seams to be incomplete as the oxygen masks missing parts and so on, or this is still in work in progress ?

Thanks

Screen_210425_205406.jpg With in game pilots missing parts such as faces(body) and Flight gear incomplete missing parts 

VNAO1 (4).png

yeah i saw that, too. It looks for me they updated the pilotmodel. So i hope we see a face soon

On 4/30/2021 at 3:38 PM, VFGiPJP said:

Question: LAW is still not working, right?

You can set the LAWS value, but the alarm sound and HUD cues don't work yet.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 5/5/2021 at 12:10 PM, Victory205 said:

Anyone here with time in the real T45C? Including CQ, perchance?

Yes, been a few years though. Around 1700 hours total in the A and C. Didn't teach CQ but have around 30 traps in the Goshawk. Airline pilot now, A320.

New to DCS. A couple friends talked me into trying it. Still learning my way around. Was big into Falcon 4 a long time ago.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, STNGersk said:

Hi Guys!

Thanks

VNAO1 (4).png

15 hours ago, DonJosh said:

yeah i saw that, too. It looks for me they updated the pilotmodel. So i hope we see a face soon

The pilot model in those early WIP pictures was a placeholder. The new pilot is still a work in progress that includes the oxygen mask and tubing animations that still are being worked on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

5 hours ago, Mach Altus said:

Yes, been a few years though. Around 1700 hours total in the A and C. Didn't teach CQ but have around 30 traps in the Goshawk. Airline pilot now, A320.

New to DCS. A couple friends talked me into trying it. Still learning my way around. Was big into Falcon 4 a long time ago.

Welcome! We need RL pilots that provide feedback. More questions than answers right now! 🙂

7 hours ago, Mach Altus said:

Welcome aboard.

I didn’t fly the T45, I did instruct in the TA-4J which used a bridle launch.  My question is “why is the launch bar on the T45 put into the retract position after the aircraft is in tension?” Is it to ensure it retracts properly after launch? 

The F14 used a launch bar arrangement for cat shots, but after the aircraft was in kneel, the launch bar switch was only moved in the event of a suspended cat shot.

The T45C module is a good place for sim pilots to experience the Case I pattern before jumping into other modules and flailing. It lands pretty flat, and the slower approach speed dictates a closer abeam distance, but it’s a useful little trainer. It lands pretty flat, as does the real aircraft, so it rewards a flat or fast over the ramp with a bolter, as it should be.

Understanding that it is a WIP that will get better, the only thing I don’t like about it at this stage are the pointers on the standby instruments. They are generic, too long (only the “business ends”should be white) and as such, are difficult to read (since the HUD is tough to see right now, the round dials are helpful).

It’s also a little too pitch sensitive, especially in the landing configuration at the moment. My guess is that most will apply a curve to the pitch axis.

Viewpoints are my own.

Damn!! That is a good looking and flying mod. Model geometry is amazing. Handsome looking aircraft. Potentially could have made a low cost light attack platform. T-POD on a station, gunpod on center line, Zunies on stations. 21'st Century equivalent of A-4.

How are users creating these free mods? T-45, A-4E-C, MB-339.  Is there a visual Unreal-like DCS game engine creation environment where flight model and systems are hooked up via nodes? Or is it straight C++ or Py? A virtual simulated wind tunnel for testing FM? 

• Like 1

Excellent Mod! An absolute treat to fly and have fun with!

I seem to be having an issue with catapult launching though. I can land and catch the wires on a carrier (not supercarrier), but when I come to use the catapult to takeoff again, my aircraft just noses down into the drink every time. I have the practise session set up with the CVN-70 Carl Vinson carrier, but cannot seem to solve the issue. I don't own the supercarrier DLC to test on that. 

Please forgive me if I am repeating a previous issue, I have only just rekindled my DCS spirit after a few years, so I am a bit behind on this thread. 

Rob.

5 minutes ago, Bobsman227 said:

Excellent Mod! An absolute treat to fly and have fun with!

I seem to be having an issue with catapult launching though. I can land and catch the wires on a carrier (not supercarrier), but when I come to use the catapult to takeoff again, my aircraft just noses down into the drink every time. I have the practise session set up with the CVN-70 Carl Vinson carrier, but cannot seem to solve the issue. I don't own the supercarrier DLC to test on that. 

Please forgive me if I am repeating a previous issue, I have only just rekindled my DCS spirit after a few years, so I am a bit behind on this thread. 

Rob.

Don't use the CVN-70, use the CVN-74 John C. Stennis.  The reasons for this is that the Vinson was never ment for player usability.  It is left over from earlier iterations of the game before the idea of a carrier capable user plane was thought of.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Victory205 said:

I didn’t fly the T45, I did instruct in the TA-4J which used a bridle launch.  My question is “why is the launch bar on the T45 put into the retract position after the aircraft is in tension?” Is it to ensure it retracts properly after launch?

I wish I had the chance to fly a variant of the A-4. I flew the T-45A at NQI when I was a student. I loved A-4s when I was growing up. My ole man was an enlisted Marine and we always lived around a Marine air station so I got to see A-4s a lot. Anyways, I believe the only reason the launch bar is switched to retract after tension is just to ensure it goes up after launch and the student doesn't have to think about moving another switch once they are airborne.

Just a random comment - a lot of folks don't realize when a US Navy or Marine student goes to the carrier in the T-45 they don't have an instructor in the back seat. The student is solo. 10 traps and 4 touch n goes to become carrier qualified. Another random comment - landings in the T-45 is done with the speed brake out. The plane is underpowered and at the boat, when it hits the "burble" behind the carrier, it's prone to ramp strikes if the pilot gets slow. 

For folk's that are interested, here's a link to the current T-45 Carrier Qualification Manuel  

As for this T-45 mod. I've "flown" it for around an hour or so on the VNAO server. The folks that worked to make this happen did an outstanding job. Sure it's a WIP but excellent job so far!

• Like 1

Today I had a pretty hard trap and after it I couldn't taxi .. I assume that the landing gear broke 😂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Interesting:  It is almost like ACTIVE PAUSE got activated, but I know you did not activate it. 

• Was there any messages in the Mission DEBRIEFING Notes upon quitting?  (I would doubt it but never hurts to ask).. I can take the C-101EB in for VERY-HARD landing that completely destroys the gear and the Instant Action Mission always says successful.. lol 
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]