VNAO T-45 Goshawk

41 minutes ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

Interesting:  It is almost like ACTIVE PAUSE got activated, but I know you did not activate it. 

• Was there any messages in the Mission DEBRIEFING Notes upon quitting?  (I would doubt it but never hurts to ask).. I can take the C-101EB in for VERY-HARD landing that completely destroys the gear and the Instant Action Mission always says successful.. lol 

I repeated the flight and had a much better trap, this time the nose of the arcraft remained level, and the problem didnt repeat ... so, I'm pretty sure  that I damaged the landing gear on that landing. I recorded a video of this new attempt, but it's still being uploaded .. will add it onmce it finishes. 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 5/8/2021 at 1:43 PM, boquinauer said:

I’m experiencing some sort of failure in the T-45 screens. They only show this: 

The HUD also appears without any numbers.

It only happens to me in the 1.01 version. The 1.0 looks OK.

I’ve tried, erasing and reinstalling again. Making a repair in DCS 2.7.

Any ideas of what can I do to solve this?

Hey, did you fully remove 1.0 folder and files before installing the update?

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Today I had a pretty hard trap and after it I couldn't taxi .. I assume that the landing gear broke 

It looks like you may have had to cycle your wheel brakes to get them to unlock...or might you have to reverse the axis on the brakes to get them to roll?  Some guys have to mark the reverse axis box to make it work correctly.

Edited by JUICE

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no, my brakes were ok, my second try had a much better trap and the plane was able to be taxied afterwards normally, like this video shows:

46 minutes ago, JUICE said:

looks like you may have had to cycle your wheel brakes to get them to unlock...or might you have to reverse the axis on the brakes to get them to roll?  Some guys have to mark the reverse axis box to make it work correctly.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hey everyone ! Tried out the mod a bit the last few days, I really love it ! Dear devs, thank you for making everyone enjoy your passionate work.

Now, I haven't seen these here yet, so let me share some delivery tables which should greatly help to do some old-school bombing practice. They should especially come in handy until CCIP is fully modeled (AFAIK, it isn't yet done for the rockets and gun).

image.png

image.png

I saw someone earlier in this thread speak about HOTAS-specific keybinds, and I was wondering if it would be possible to add some of them for the speedbrakes switch ? Right now, there are 3 different callbacks (AFT/CENTER/FWD), but if you have a speedbrake switch which mimics the real one (like on the Warthog, Cougar, Winwing...), you can't correctly bind the center position.

Some switches, like the master arm, could also benefit from this ; having a ON ELSE OFF master arm bind, like in some other modules, would make toggle switch binding so much easier.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ExoLight said:

Right now, there are 3 different callbacks (AFT/CENTER/FWD), but if you have a speedbrake switch which mimics the real one (like on the Warthog, Cougar, Winwing...), you can't correctly bind the center position.

actually, you can bind the center position if you use Target (or Foxy, on the case of the Cougar) 🙂

59 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

actually, you can bind the center position if you use Target (or Foxy, on the case of the Cougar) 🙂

You're right. I use joystick gremlin for that kind of stuff (toggles in DCS are a massive pain), although I haven't edited my profile for my WH's speedbrakes switch yet. However, it is probably much easier and better for everyone if the devs added these directly into the mod - only for the most useful switches, of course. I would argue that the speedbrakes, the master arm, the master lights, the gear and hook, the launch bar... are good candidates.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's just a matter of editing the default.lua file, right ? I remember editing the F18's one to add a master arm ON else OFF command, then getting it wiped after an update... pushing me to setup joystick gremlin. Avoiding that kind of hassle would be great, IMHO.

hi guys,

quite a basic question here! I downloaded and installed the aircraft on 2.6.5 (stable branch) and at the cold start, I put these switches on.

- Engine On (Left)

- Batt 1 ON (Right)

- Batt 2 ON (Right)

- Gen Reset ON (Right)

... in the youtube tutorial, all warning light will come out at this point. On mine, everything stay dark. I tried to start the Gas Turbine anyway (with the key) ... it will not start.

What am I missing?

ps: I just tested having the aircraft already flying with the mission editor ... the aircraft flies correctly, but the warnings lights and MFD are all dark. Could it be a shader thing? I am not playing in VR right now, but do switch from normal mode to vr mode from time to time.

Edited by Frag

3 hours ago, ExoLight said:

You're right. I use joystick gremlin for that kind of stuff (toggles in DCS are a massive pain), although I haven't edited my profile for my WH's speedbrakes switch yet. However, it is probably much easier and better for everyone if the devs added these directly into the mod - only for the most useful switches, of course. I would argue that the speedbrakes, the master arm, the master lights, the gear and hook, the launch bar... are good candidates.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's just a matter of editing the default.lua file, right ? I remember editing the F18's one to add a master arm ON else OFF command, then getting it wiped after an update... pushing me to setup joystick gremlin. Avoiding that kind of hassle would be great, IMHO.

Use vjoy and UCR install vjoy which creates a virtual joystick then install universal control recorder .in ucr map button to button turn on invert to get switch off button

1 hour ago, Frag said:

hi guys,

quite a basic question here! I downloaded and installed the aircraft on 2.6.5 (stable branch) and at the cold start, I put these switches on.

- Engine On (Left)

- Batt 1 ON (Right)

- Batt 2 ON (Right)

- Gen Reset ON (Right)

... in the youtube tutorial, all warning light will come out at this point. On mine, everything stay dark. I tried to start the Gas Turbine anyway (with the key) ... it will not start.

What am I missing?

ps: I just tested having the aircraft already flying with the mission editor ... the aircraft flies correctly, but the warnings lights and MFD are all dark. Could it be a shader thing? I am not playing in VR right now, but do switch from normal mode to vr mode from time to time.

The mod needs 2.7

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lordfacker84 said:

excuse me ...please remove pilot from static aircraft...i'm sorry a little cosmatic bug

Would be cool if you made the model with solo pilot when only one client is in the jet!   Although, solo flight from the rear seat is not recommended. ;^)

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

•  
  • Members
  •  
  • 72 posts

Hi guys just downloaded the T-45 yesterday and had a flight. My TM warthog is approx 3 years old but performs well. But it seems that the T-45 is a little crazy to taxi, and the pitch and roll both require large axis adjustments just wondering what everybody else is doing to control the pitch and roll and taxi problem (saitek rudders). I like to know what kind of axis adjustments you are making to acquire controlled flight. The trim seems a little touchy also in flight anyway to correct that?

@WeakLink Sincerely, I don’t understand what you are trying to say 🙄

• Like 1

Hey Rudel_chw I was just about to write you about another subject, but first this one, what setting are you using in your joystick and throttle set up. Are you using curves or not if so what amount of curve. Are you using a thrustmaster warthog. 

I find it hard to control the T-45 while taxiing, I find it hard to get the T-45 level inflight using  the trim. it seems a bit to sensitive. It's been a while since I flew a real airplane maybe a quick review on how to use the trim wheels is required. But barring that I was just interested in your rudder setting and pitch/roll setting. Your three videos seemed stable in flight.

My next question was where did you download the training mission(s) MO 3, does that come with the download or is it online somewhere? 

I hope that is a bit clearer.

WeakLink

3 hours ago, WeakLink said:

.. what setting are you using in your joystick and throttle set up. Are you using curves or not if so what amount of curve. Are you using a thrustmaster warthog. 

I use a Thrustmaster Cougar (the predecessor of the Warthog), and no curves. I know that using curves is popular, but the reduced sensibility on the center comes at the cost of increased sensibility on the extremes of the stick travel, so I prefer a linear response with no curve at all.

... I find it hard to control the T-45 while taxiing ...

you can press "S" while using the rudders, to have a reduced turn radius.

... I find it hard to get the T-45 level inflight using  the trim. it seems a bit to sensitive...

On my case, I find the trim very slow-acting, it takes several seconds to apply the 3.5º nose up trim for carrier launch, but in exchange the trim is very gradual making it easy to attain stable level flight.

My next question was where did you download the training mission(s) MO 3, does that come with the download or is it online somewhere? 

I edited them myself. Hopefully they will be included on the download on the next release of the T-45, if not I will release them as an independent download, but I want to include a few more missions still, covering practice weapons delivery.

best regards,

Eduardo.

• Like 4

Had the honor to be invited for some sim time at the T-45 simulator at NAS Kingsville. Many thanks to Lex for taking me out there. 

It is a great honor to be working with such experienced real world Navy/Marine pilots. 

A1052896-247C-422E-AC6A-67F74AD2DAE9.jpeg

DCAA27B3-F2A2-4F76-8F44-E250D0913CED.jpeg

Edited by MadMaxter
  • Like 11

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

Glad you had a good time. Did the recruiter sign you up for OCS and a flight slot? Don’t sign anything until you talk to your lawyer!

Did you get some good feedback and images to help tune up the module? What were some of your impressions and surprises?

• Like 1

Viewpoints are my own.

3 minutes ago, Victory205 said:

Glad you had a good time. Did the recruiter sign you up for OCS and a flight slot? Don’t sign anything until you talk to your lawyer!

Did you get some good feedback and images to help tune up the module? What were some of your impressions and surprises?

There was a humbling experience of being a little fish in a big pond. I was glad for the experience and the points made will show us the way on how to proceed. So honored to be getting the feedback we are from these individuals. 

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

29 minutes ago, MadMaxter said:

There was a humbling experience of being a little fish in a big pond. I was glad for the experience and the points made will show us the way on how to proceed. So honored to be getting the feedback we are from these individuals. 

Watch your wallet around Naval Aviators. Just sayin’…

• Like 1

Viewpoints are my own.

13 minutes ago, WeakLink said:

Hey, Rudel_chw thanks for the response I guess I'll just keep working the problem, adjusting the curves the Hog must be more sensitive to input.

Now I'm at home and can show you my control settings:

peC39PP.jpg

This is the setting for my Pitch axis .. the others are similar:

h7Pv7z9.jpg

Only on the rudder I use a small deadzone of 3%, so that small involuntary feet movements don't produce rudder inputs. On the Hotas I don't really need deadzones, as my stick already has a bit of center play.

11 hours ago, Victory205 said:

Watch your wallet around Naval Aviators. Just sayin’…

They bought the coffee, I’ll be buying the beer. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 5:40 AM, MadMaxter said:

Thanks for that input. We are working on the flight model as it will be one of the most challenging aspects of this project as you can tell. Which brings me to my next point. We have real world 45 pilots helping develop the fm and will be leaning heavily on them in the coming weeks as we do a deep dive into that aspect. But do not let that discourage you from giving us any valuable input that you discover. It can only benefit the project in the long run. 

I've got nothing against VNAO for having a bug like this, as it's totally understandable and I'm sure you guys will do you best with the flight model. The irony for me is that the BAE Hawk made by a certain (now defunct) third party had the EXACT same bug!!! LOL. They actually had SDK access tho...